Thread: How to embed videos or images? + How to rep someone?

Default How to embed videos or images? + How to rep someone?

Title says it all, I haven't been able to figure out how to embed videos or images when I'm posting a link. Neither how to add to someone's reputation. No biggies but I figured I'd still ask! Thanks in advance

*videos

put the word YOUTUBE in square brackets, follow it with all the letters and numbers that follow after v= in a YT vid'd url, end it with /YOUTUBE in square brackets

There is a way to include FB vids too. Easiest way to do this is to choose the 'Go Advanced' option in the right lower corner of the post you are typing. If you do not see this option you should go to settings in the top menu and set your options accordingly

*images

put IMG in square brackets, then put in the pic's url, end with /IMG in square brackets

There is no option for you to add reputation yet. It requires a minimum amount of posts (I forget the number)

For now if you would really like to add to someone's rep you can PM people like me with a link to the post you would like to get repped. I will then rep the post on your behalf, including your name in the comment section

If you have any more technical questions please feel free to post them in the thread you created. username colors have to do with how long you have been posting, whether you are a mod and what user group you have been elected for (there are closed off sections of the forum related to these user groups. you cannot access these sections as a new user. don't worry about it though, all of the wu action is in wuchamber which you can readily access)
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 03-11-2018 at 04:07 PM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    *videos
    *images
    Thanks a lot for the reply! It all sounds very reasonable. No biggie on the rep though, I'll just spam the forum until I can do it myself! Jokes aside, it's not that important to me but thanks for the offer man. I was just wondering since I was repped myself and searched all over for the button, now it makes sense!

Peace Hal

The ABBOTT

How to post Image using a iPhone or Android phone. The [IMG]insert[/IMG] does not work. I need to be able to use my clip tray

have you tried the 'Go Advanced' setting when you reply (right hand corner below where you reply)?

in the second line of buttons that appears above the reply space there's a few for linking, unlinking, images, vids, html, code etc

maybe give those a try?

IDK if the result will be different though but at least it's worth a try
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    have you tried the 'Go Advanced' setting when you reply (right hand corner below where you reply)?

in the second line of buttons that appears above the reply space there's a few for linking, unlinking, images, vids, html, code etc

maybe give those a try?

IDK if the result will be different though but at least it's worth a try
    Tried it. Doesn't work. Any feedback on how to post image using Android phone would be appreciated.

test on Android
    Retired.

Oh I see the pic showed. I simply copied the url of the image and then added [IMG] and [slashIMG]

did it on my Samsung which has Android

sorry, hard to figure out what the specific problem is on your phone, seems to work fine for me on Android

at least we got some Mia Malkova out of it
    Retired.

[slashIMG] meaning /

can't post it like that because the code wouldn't show up for you in my post
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

^^This sort of works. I have to open the image in a new tab. Is would be better if there us a way to just highlight photo and then simply copy/paste.

The ABBOTT

I still haven't figured out how to post pics using an Android. I am sure it is impossible.

I have been testing that out again with different phones.

Don't you have like
    Code:
    test [img]link[/img]
    That way you can post what how you need to post.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

The ABBOTT

^ that works, but not always which is confusing.

{>____<}

I can't embed youtube videos anymore. What happened?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty