Thread: BOOK Chamber Music : Enter the Wu-Tang (in 36 Pieces)

Default BOOK Chamber Music : Enter the Wu-Tang (in 36 Pieces)

https://www.bookdepository.com/Chamb.../9781783784035

Anyone have more info about this book? Looks like its more ABOUT the Wu rather than BY the Wu... Prolly wont buy but at least read it.
    PEACE

YO just finished reading this fascinating book. It really is a DEEP companion piece to the album! It covers EVERYTHING from crack-cocaine, to martial arts (films), to African diasporic history and music plus much more that would have informed the albums creation and a listeners appreciation of it!

Anyone else read?
    PEACE

I read some of it but it was boring to me. The style was just meh

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    I read some of it but it was boring to me. The style was just meh
    Ok, thanks for adding on w your POV. It was def a challenging read at times w advanced vocab & loooong sentences lol; found myself rereading a lot of phrases to try and comprehend.

Not a linear narrative either so can see how one would be off put if looking for that structure.

Did you also read RZA or UGods books. (IMO) Those were more biographical while "Chamber Music" reads more like scholarlu essays.

Appreciate op to discuss books like that, miss UNI lol...
    PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAll View Post
    Ok, thanks for adding on w your POV. It was def a challenging read at times w advanced vocab & loooong sentences lol; found myself rereading a lot of phrases to try and comprehend.

Not a linear narrative either so can see how one would be off put if looking for that structure.

Did you also read RZA or UGods books. (IMO) Those were more biographical while "Chamber Music" reads more like scholarlu essays.

Appreciate op to discuss books like that, miss UNI lol...
    PEACE
    I read U-God's book, RZA's Manual and Buddha Monk's book about ODB. I find U-God's book most interesting. Buddha Monk's book was really great - a lot of facts I didn't know about, and RZA's "Wu-Tang Manual" is - as the name suggests - more like a manual to Wu-Tang philosophy but it had its great moments, too.

and I absolutely agree with you. They're more biographical and that's why I enjoyed them more
    Last edited by soob; 11-11-2019 at 06:15 AM.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAll View Post
    YO just finished reading this fascinating book. It really is a DEEP companion piece to the album! It covers EVERYTHING from crack-cocaine, to martial arts (films), to African diasporic history and music plus much more that would have informed the albums creation and a listeners appreciation of it!

Anyone else read?
    PEACE
    Sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for bringing it to my / everyone's attention. I might check it out next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for bringing it to my / everyone's attention. I might check it out next year.
    My pleasure! If you do eventually read please post ur thoughts... PEACE