Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: new Cappadonna album "Ear Candy" drops March 28

The problem here is that some people dont get that every member in the wu has a part to play,an image they represent and portray through their music, Cappadonna from get go has always come of as a fly apparel rocking, pusedo mobster/street gangster type dude WITH SUPERIOR SLANG command, in other word, pillage was not meant to be on some canibus, super lyricist shit, it was cappadonna being cappa, pure slang, street themes and irregular flows over pure wu grime, cats need to stop thinking every wu member has to have that Gza skill level and approach to a record. whats what made wu successful and unique, they had a member for every sub genre of hip hop in its entirety. Cappa was never a super spitter, but he does bring the heat when he wants to, people seem to forget who won winter warz

smh at cappa being below average lyrically
    so the average rapper spits better than cappa did on pillage? in what universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    smh at cappa being below average lyrically
    so the average rapper spits better than cappa did on pillage? in what universe?
    good question, I'm really trying to find out who is a 'good lyricist' if cap wasn't delivering on the Pillage LOL. Even within Wutang. Who's solo is lyrically better than Pillage? I would only say Liquid Swords and Ironman.

Tical, Rae's debut, even Deck's album is lyrically better. Yall really stop riding Cap's dick. He literally recorded ONE good album. The rest of his album are either whack or ok-ish. He doesn't even master his fucking albums and they sound like shit and yall tryna say me he's a good rapper lol
    Last edited by soob; 07-31-2018 at 03:06 PM.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Tical, Rae's debut, even Deck's album is lyrically better. Yall really stop riding Cap's dick. He literally recorded ONE good album. The rest of his album are either whack or ok-ish. He doesn't even master his fucking albums and they sound like shit and yall tryna say me he's a good rapper lol
    Everyone you listed has one good album LOL. Deck has 0 good albums. Raekwon raps better than on Cuban Linx than Cappadonna does on Pillage? lol nah

You seem not to like anything , it’s starting to be pretentious in my opinion, ain’t no one riding anyone’s dick, we just broke down to you dude ain’t no damn Gza or canibus and you can’t accept it because u enjoy hating just for the sake of it, what’s with you man?

Are u even a wu fan or a troll?

I pretty much agree with shifter, really. I mean I like most his lyrics on the pillage. But I still think they're pretty average. Somethymes even shit. Somethymes good too.

But yeah, his style of lyricism is simple. I have no problem with that. I'd much, much rather listen to that than clone fags who all try to spit the same and overcomplicate things and try to be embarrassingly deep or crafty.

There are a few thymes were he spits some total rubbish on the pillage tho. Like he does the whole 'retardation, masturbation' thing, which is the lowest level of lyricism. I think he does that a couple of thymes on the album.

I actually revisited the struggle the other day, for prob the first thyme in about 15 years, n it was much better than I recalled. Again, very simple lyrically, but I can dig it. That's just him. If u cut the shit from that album, and made it about 45 min like it should've been, it'd actually b a very good album.

I finally found it on Spotify.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Shaolin Student

Cappa's voice on the new joint sounds like his voice on Ying and Yang. Just listening to the first song for the first time.

Shaolin Student

Album's not as bad as I thought.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Everyone you listed has one good album LOL. Deck has 0 good albums. Raekwon raps better than on Cuban Linx than Cappadonna does on Pillage? lol nah
    You did not like Uncontrolled Substance? That is usually considered as Inspectah Deck's one good album.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    You did not like Uncontrolled Substance? That is usually considered as Inspectah Deck's one good album.
    The bar has been set VERY low when it comes to Deck albums...there are only a few tracks on there I like. 9th chamber has always been a classic to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I pretty much agree with shifter, really. I mean I like most his lyrics on the pillage. But I still think they're pretty average. Somethymes even shit. Somethymes good too.

But yeah, his style of lyricism is simple. I have no problem with that. I'd much, much rather listen to that than clone fags who all try to spit the same and overcomplicate things and try to be embarrassingly deep or crafty.

There are a few thymes were he spits some total rubbish on the pillage tho. Like he does the whole 'retardation, masturbation' thing, which is the lowest level of lyricism. I think he does that a couple of thymes on the album.

I actually revisited the struggle the other day, for prob the first thyme in about 15 years, n it was much better than I recalled. Again, very simple lyrically, but I can dig it. That's just him. If u cut the shit from that album, and made it about 45 min like it should've been, it'd actually b a very good album.
    Yeah but even look at your example

"mastubation, retardation"

You left out

"Trials and tribulations, survival, drugs, asthma, retardation, masturbation, false identification; one nation"

That line can destroy whole albums LOL. Are we really having this discussion? That's literally the hardest fucking line someone has spit post the Koran.
    I really do wonder if a lot of what Cap is doing on that album gets lost in translation.
    Last edited by TSA; 08-01-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    I think the beats didn't do him justice and he himself didn't come through like anyone would expect from him never hearing one of his albums. I think, like method man, he needs group competition to really deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I think the beats didn't do him justice and he himself didn't come through like anyone would expect from him never hearing one of his albums. I think, like method man, he needs group competition to really deliver.
    Agreed. Some artists do their best work in a group setting, thats true for a lot of artists in Wu.