Thread: The Grain: An Autobiography

Default The Grain: An Autobiography

Did anybody read that? I found on Amazon and it says:

When you think of the "hood," you think of drug dealers, murderers and violence, but do you ever consider the children who have to grow up there? What are their lives like? What do they learn? How do they feel? Where do they end up? All of those drug dealers and criminals that you think of start out as children, just like your children. They are not placed on the streets as adults. They have parents and families and they live their lives based on what they see. Some of those children end up as career criminals, some don't make it out alive, and some grow up to be authors.

When you think of Wu Tang, you think of the rappers. That's not the real Wu Tang. The story of the real Wu Tang and those kids who started it all is finally here. The Grain will teach you where the real Wu Tang came from and what happened to the members.

Every decision we make in life dictates our destiny, and as the author puts it, you have to understand history to not repeat it and to create a better outcome. Know your history; know your Wu Tang history

https://www.amazon.com/GRAIN-Autobio.../dp/1440198918

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

all reviews are 5 stars. Looks kinda suspicious but they could be legit. the reviews are kinda vague too

I don't remember hearing about this when it dropped in 2010
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    all reviews are 5 stars. Looks kinda suspicious but they could be legit. the reviews are kinda vague too

I don't remember hearing about this when it dropped in 2010
    I read some excerpts on Google Books and it looks like a book written by someone in the Wu circle since he's talking about their hood stories in the 80s. For example. there's the same example as in Uey's new book about the Dick 'Em Down crew in 80s

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Just found out that the guy who wrote that book is the same guy who used UGod's son as a human shield while a shootout

^^wow!!
    Retired.

if thats for real thats some crazy shit

Uey mentions him saying his name is Shawn Berry. The author of the book is the same. That cannot be a coincidence

From U-God book:
    The dude I used to hand with back in the projects - was in the mix. He was trying to kill a dude named Shawn Berry, and they were shooting at each other. During the shootout, Shawn pciked my son up and used him as a fucking human shield

reading the first preview pages on Google Books the guy says he was part of the GP Wu (then called The Grain) crew back in the original days together with Ghostface (never heard that before), Down Low Recka, Pop The Brown Hornet, Dez and RNS.

https://books.google.com/books?id=YQ...page&q&f=false

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

turns out he also directed videos for Shyheim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4trSm0CHMM

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    turns out he also directed videos for Shyheim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4trSm0CHMM
    would make sense since Shy is closely related to GP Wu and his Ghost's cousin