Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Top 10 Wu-Tang Killa Bee ALBUMS

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Default The Top 10 Wu-Tang Killa Bee ALBUMS

I'm back with another list. Usual routine, give my honorable mentions then drop 2 a day. Spoiler Alert: I don't really consider Gravediggaz to be Killa Beez more as an affiliate so don't expect to see them on the list. There were IMO 18 albums to choose from when making this list.

Honorable Mentions (Not In Order)

Killah Priest - PWOWR
    This is Priest returning to his Kingdom on his high horse. His flag has been officially stamped. #1 Killa Bee not debatable IMO. Double CD Filled with great content, consistent production from Godz Wrath and few Guest Spots. He held his own on most of this project though proving that he's in a whole different class.

Favorite tracks: Brilliantaire, Devotion to The Saints, Peace God

9th Prince - Grandaddy Flow
    This album is fire. 9th Prince is basically coming off his MVP performance from "Fair, Love & War". Beats on this album were solid, Guest Spots were perfect. Rhymes still sharp, he definitely perfected his flow around this time. You can tell he had his hand in picking the beats for the Killarmy albums. Pretty Solid Album from front to back.

Favorite tracks: Cold Wind, Burn Bridges, 100 Degrees

Shyheim - The Lost Generation
    This has potential to make the top 10. This is Shyheim in his prime form. Great production from RNS, just a raw album from front to back. Always put me in a grimey mood when I listened to it. I feel like he should've hit that next plateau after this album dropped. He was definitely top 5 Killa Bee when this dropped.

Favorite tracks: Dear God, Shaolin Style, Young Godz

10. Killarmy - Fair, Love and War
    The last Killarmy album was pretty good. You have to give it to these guys. Three albums and none of them are wack. Maybe it’s good that they haven’t dropped anything else as a group. My only complaint with this album was that Killa Sin is only on 4 songs. 4th disciple brought the heat as usual and they even brought in some outside producers (falling down, rebel danja) who held their own. 9th Prince was the MVP on here, he snapped on every track. This was when he finally perfected his flow. Originators shows a ferocious display of darts and charisma by 9th. Runner up is Beretta 9 he had the second most verses on here and he held it down. I’m upset we didn’t get a solo from him after the group split. They definitely went out with a bang.

Favorite tracks: Originators, Sweatshops, The Rule

9. Myalansky & Joe Mafia - Wu-Syndicate
    My favorite thing about this album that it basically has no Wu Elements on it. DJ Devastator laced these dudes with some ill beats. Everything sounded cohesive. Mathematics drops two of his best beats on here “Pointin Fingerz” sounds like that was meant for Killarmy. Myalansky is just ripping the mic apart on this album. Front to back, his wordplay and flow on here were definitely something to pay attention to. Joe Mafia had his moments too (Check out “VA Cats” and “Ask Son”). Napoleon was sprinkled on here just enough to add that extra flavor to the mix. He dropped solid rhymes especially “Crime Syndicate” he ran away with that track. 12 O clock appears on here twice (listen carefully to “Global Politics) and a Rare MMO guest spot appears on “Bust a Slug”. This is one of my favorites to kick back and listen to on a road trip or a Friday night on some laid back shit. Criminally underrated release, if this would’ve came out in 98 it would’ve garnered more attention I believe. Fun fact: LA the Darkman was supposed to be a guest on this album (Ghetto Syringe) but politics got in the way.

Favorite tracks: Thug War, VA Cats , Ask Son

8. Killah Priest - The Offering
    This was the best comeback album in Wu History. Priest Drops Heavy Mental and then View from Masada which was wack, Priesthood was mehhh, Black August was good...but when this shit dropped it was a wrap. The forums were going crazy when this came out. Priest sounded rejuvenated and he had some fresh production from Godz Wrath. Guest spots on here were perfect, Nas and Priest on one track? Damn I been waiting to hear that for years. Priest caught his second wind after this dropped. He finally had his breakthrough after going through a bunch of shit in the industry.

Favorite tracks: Melodic Pt. 2, Gun for Gun, Osiris Eyes

7. LA the Darkman - Heist of the Century
    I can’t listen to this album anymore because I get upset that he only gave us one...Anyways this right here is a gem. I still don’t know this guys backstory but he came outta nowhere spitting flames. This dropped when he was 17-18. Bars were so advanced for someone at his age. Production by Six July, 4th, Rza, Havoc smh...This is a crazy album right here. All guest spots were flames. He managed to sell 400k with no promo lol. Very underrated album. He paints stories so vividly on this one it’s hard to not hit the rewind button.

Favorite tracks: 5th Disciple, Figaro Chain, Gun Rule

6 Sunz of Man - The Last Shall Be First
    Surprisingly alot of people don't like this album for some reason. Don't get me wrong I'm usually throwing on "Elements" or "Nothing New Under The Sun" before this album, but they're not "official". Otherwise they'd be on this list. This is still a solid album though, Wu-Elements had some nice production on the album. Prodigal Sunn definitely was going in on this. 60 Second snapped on this too (check "Not Promised Tomorrow"). They still dropped a solid project even though Priest was only on about 5 songs, that was my only real complaint. Masta Killa has a classic guest spot on here. All of the guest spots were solid actually. There are alot of quality songs on this album. Can't deny this album. Went Gold too.

Favorite tracks: Illusions, Inmates to the Fire, Natural High

5. Killarmy - Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars
    This album is in the top 5 for just production ALONE. The beats are flawless on here. 4th Disciple established himself as the best Wu-Element when this dropped. This album just puts you in a whole different atmosphere. Killarmy delivered some heat from the gate with this. Militant rhyme styles mixed with some knowledge, I can appreciate that any day of the week. Killa Sin was the clear standout of the group when this dropped. It's a shame he has no solo album. All of the other members were still trying to discover their styles & flows. You can just hear it on the songs especially with 9th and Dom Pachino. They still dropped solid verses on here though. Sin just bodied everything he touched. This album is all about the production though. 4th Disciple planted his flag in the ground on here.

Favorite Tracks: Wake Up, Swinging Swords, Camouflage Ninjas

4. Cappadonna - The Pillage
    This is another one that’s a top 5 Killa Bee album. Cappadonna in his prime was definitely something to be reckoned with. Unique rhyme style I feel like it was an alternate version of how ghost was spitting at this time. Very abstract rhymes especially on tracks like Pump up your fist where idk what he talking bout but that shit sounds hot. Classic production from the Wu Elements on here, all the guest spots came through and delivered heat. This is definitely Cappadonna’s best work.

Favorite tracks: Run, Slang Editorial, South of the Border

3. Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm
    Man this album right here is crazy. This was after Wu Tang forever dropped and everyone started to branch off so now it was time for the Killa Bees to carry the flag. They definitely delivered on here. This introduced a lot of people to certain killa bees and this didn’t disappoint. So many standout performances on here it’s hard to pick one, you can play the album from back to back. Classic Sunz of Man “Concrete Jungle”, Timbo King “The Legacy”, Wu Tang with “ Execute Them”, just fire all over. Classic Production from the Wu Elements. My only complaints about this was 1. That wack Islord verse on “Justice for All” 2. Fatal Sting should’ve been replace with a LA the Darkman solo track. This is definitely one of my favorite albums in the Wu Catalog.

Favorite tracks: Concrete Jungle, Co-Defendants, Execute Them

2. Killah Priest - Heavy Mental
    This is a great album. This was also the reason Priest wasn't on "The Last Shall Be First" that much. This is a great body of work, I still believe this is his best album although may say "The Offering" is better. Quality Production from the Wu Elements, 4th definitely laced Priest with some good shit, can't sleep on True Master or John the Baptist. Priest delivers exquisite rhymes on this album. My only complaint would be that towards the end it kind of drags a bit. Still a great album though everything sound in sync. Not too many Artists can drop an album even close to this.

Favorite tracks: It's Over, Heavy Mental, If You Don't Know

1. Killarmy - Dirty Weaponry
    This is the best Killarmy album for three reasons. 1. All of the members of the group have improved tremendously from the first album...during the first album besides Killa Sin everyone was still trying to find their style and niche. 2. The album is straight to the point, it's only 40 something minutes long no filler tracks... 3. Every beat on here is a banger, laced with bangers from 4th and Math. Not to mention we get TWO Holocaust verses in his prime. Lyrically this is their best album, everyone bought their A game on this lyrically. Dom Pachino stepped his bars up to the HIGHEST level on here. He definitely was the MVP on this album. I can play this album front to back no issue. I believe this is the best album to drop from the Killa Bee Hive. These dudes were focused at this time. I wish we could've got one more video from this album though lol.

Favorite tracks: Bastard Swordsman, Last Poet, The Shootout
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 04-23-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    10. Rza Presents FreeMurda
    9. U-God Presents Hillside Scramblers
    LOL This is gonna be good.

Veteran Member

Ahahaha

was the title of the thread supposed to say the top ten worst... ?

Veteran Member

lol...huh?

OBVIOUSLY 10 & 9 are a joke....smh I’ll update it later

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    OBVIOUSLY 10 & 9 are a joke....smh I’ll update it later
    Humour doesn't translate well in text, that's why they invented imoji's

To be honest I was kind of hoping you were going to give some legit reasons as to why those albums had merit. It's obviously not the popular opinion to like those albums but in the past you've been known to give opinions that go against the grain.
    Last edited by EL DON; 04-19-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EL DON View Post
    Humour doesn't translate well in text, that's why they invented imoji's

To be honest I was kind of hoping you were going to give some legit reasons as to why those albums had merit. It's obviously not the popular opinion to like those albums but in the past you've been known to give opinions that go against the grain.
    Lol well thanks for the props but not this time. I did update the main post though.

Veteran Member

I actually just listened to the Syndicate album for the first time in a while recently. Definitely a banger

SIlent weapons
    heist of the century
    heavy mental
    last shall be first
    wu syndicate
    pillage
    swarm
    royal fam (bootleg release)
    great migration
    fair love and war
    dirty weaponry

I couldn't even name 10 killa bee albums.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Well you can use this list. All of these listed are must haves. 8 & 7 are now posted.

Maybe 20 years ago. I kinda moved on.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

This list is a cool idea.

I've always felt LAD's album was slightly overrated by the heads. I should probably play it again this weekend and reassess it. Will get back on that later in the thread.

@ Gravey : good list but is it in order? if so, I would definitely put Dirty Weaponry before Fair Love And War but you know, personal choices and all. To me every song on Dirty Weaponry is a banger. Some of the interludes on Fair Love And War kinda take away from the album ever so slightly. Although I'd give my right arm to hear Uey say 'It's militant' lol.

Killarmy = CLASSIC catalogue. I'd put all 3 in my top twenty, along with any bootleg comp with the early SOM songs (better than their official debut album imo). Gotta have Wu Syndicate in there too. Black Knights' first album with John Frusciante too.

I never really got all that into Royal Fam tbh.

What the ... I'll just post my top 10 at the moment :

1. Killarmy - Dirty Weaponry
    2. Killarmy - Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars
    3. Killah Priest - Planet Of The Gods
    4. Cappadonna - The Pillage
    5. Theodore Unit - 718
    6. Killah Priest - Heavy Mental
    (great but it's too long for me, there's some songs towards that the end that have me go 'mm eh')
    7. The Syndicate - Wu-Syndicate
    Sunz Of Man - The First Testament (bootleg)
    9. Dom Pacino & Bronze Nazareth - War Poetry
    10. Black Knights - Medieval Chamber

11. Blue Sky Black Death presents - The Holocaust
    12. Killarmy - Fair Love And War
    13. Wisemen - Wisemen Approaching
    14. Bobby Digital presents - North Star (some songs are classics, others are meh)
    15. Hell Razah - Heaven Razah
    16. 9th Prince - Grandaddy Flow
    17. Bronze Nazareth - The Great Migration
    18. Cilvaringz - I
    19. 60 Second Assassin - Remarkable Timing
    20. Shyheim - Manchild

best mixtape : 4th Disciple & Killah Priest - Don't Sit On The Speakers

I'm not including comps like The Swarm and The Sting. If I did they'd both be in my top 10

A lot of people would have PWOWR in there but it's just toooo long for me, even though it's a great double album, maybe even the greatest double album next to Wu's Forever.

Peace to everyone contributing to the thread. I hope to see some more people's lists.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-20-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    Retired.

Veteran Member

1/SWFQW
    2/Heavy Mental
    3/PWOWR
    4/The pick, the sickle and the shovel
    5/Fair love and war
    6/Royal Fam - Black castle
    7/Heist of the century
    8/The pillage
    9/The last shall be first
    10/Dirty weaponry

Honorable mention :
    Bluesky - the holocaust
    The offering
    The great migration
    Wu syndicate
    Last edited by Antonelli; 04-20-2018 at 12:59 PM.