Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Avengers Infinity War

Default Marvel and Sony Deal Done, Spider-Man to Debut in 'Avengers: Infinity War'

It was one of the most enticing bits of news to come out of the Sony e-mail hack: Marvel and Sony had deep discussions about introducing Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel badly wanted Spider-Man to be a part of ‘Captain America: Civil War’, but despite the best intentions from all parties, a deal was never struck and progress was reset back to square one. But, has hope been restored? A new report suggests that Marvel and Sony returned to the negotiating table and have struck a deal for Spidey to make his spectacular debut in ‘Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1’.

Nothing has been confirmed, but Latino Review is reporting that “the Sony deal went through” and that, while it’s too late for Spider-Man to appear in ‘Civil War’ as anything other than a post-credits scene cameo, he would appear in the first installment of ‘Infinity War’. The rest of their report is filled with some MAJOR spoilers, we’ll issue a very sizable warning right now for anyone who doesn’t want to know the events of ‘Civil War’, ‘Thor 3’ and ‘Infinity War’.

Still here? Good.

This is all fairly juicy (and unsubstantiated) stuff. It all harks back to an earlier rumor we reported back in October; that ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ would feature an all-new lineup, minus the usual heavy-hitters like Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. So, where are those guys and why can’t they be bothered to show up in an ‘Avengers’ movie?

According to the Latino Review report, Cap is dead, Thor’s imprisoned and Iron Man has gone M.I.A. With all the major players sidelined, the Avengers need a new leader, and that’s where Spider-Man comes in. He’d join heroes like Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Vision and Captain Marvel to form the New Avengers, who hold down the fort until ‘Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2’ when our guys make their triumphant return to defeat Thanos.

It all sounds very…possible? Exciting? Insane? Just pick your adjective and it applies.

But, here’s the issue: this deal fell apart once, and it could very easy fall apart again. There’s a lot of different contractual and monetary issues at play here that need to be worked out between two massive companies. And, even if it does (or did) happen, it’s something Marvel would want to keep secret for as long as possible (likely until Comic-Con—can you imagine the reaction there if Spidey walks on stage?), so we might not get confirmation for months.

There’s a lot of other juicy items in that report (How does Cap die? Why is Thor in jail?) that you can read over at Latino Review, and we encourage you to do that if you’re not a spoilerphobe.

‘Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1’ opens in theaters on May 4, 2018.

Read More: Report: Spider-Man to Appear in 'Avengers: Infinity War' | http://screencrush.com/spider-man-ma...ckback=tsmclip

great news! too bad for the 'Civil War' story line though, Spidey really fit in there too
    Retired.

I thought a deal was being made for spidey to be in Civil War?

Not sure if Thor is imprisoned but theres rumors going around that he is no longer worthy to weild Mjlonir either in Avengers 2 or in Thor 3 Ragnarok

Cap dies so Bucky takes over

I wont get into the Nerd rant but until Marvel makes anything official i wont believe it
    Its Really stupid how the politics just ruin things

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Can we get someone to update this so we know what the fuck is going on?

excellent, it means we get to see the whole spi9derman/iron man relationship go south?? i cant fucking wait and i mean the civil war,i sure hope they throw him in there

This rumor has been debunked by sony.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Breaking: Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures Team-Up for Spider-Man Film Future 1

By Lucas Siegel 02/09/2015

spider-man-avengers-2

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios will team-up for the future of Spider-Man in film, the companies announced in a press release late Monday night. The new Spider-Man will appear first in an upcoming movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, before breaking off into his own, Sony-Produced, new franchise starting July 28, 2017. The new film will also be co-produced by Amy Pascal, who launched the franchise at Sony Pictures, and Kevin Feige, producer and president of Marvel Studios.

The press release, on Marvel.com, detailed the new deal, saying the two studios are "also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films."

Disney's Chairman and CEO Bob Iger said of the deal, "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

With a first date of mid-2017 for the new Spider-Man film franchise, Marvel Studios has several opportunities to introduce the character. While it's unlikely that 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron or Ant-Man would introduce the new Spidey, 2016 presents two golden opportunities: Captain America: Civil War, based on a comic book story that held Spider-Man as a central character, torn between Iron Man and Captain America, and Doctor Strange, which has been said by Marvel Studios to explore new worlds and dimensions.

The July 28, 2017 release date also raises a question: what about Thor: Ragnarok? The third Thor film from Marvel Studios was announced to have that date locked down in the initial "Phase 3" announcement; while not addressed in this press release, it can be assumed that with Marvel's stake in the new Spidey film, they won't release the two movies on the same day, meaning Ragnarok will shift dates.

The deal between Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios was long speculated upon and rumored, not to mention clamored for by fans. After several stops and starts, after Amy Pascal's resignation from Sony, the deal was either finished or had new life, depending on who was reporting on it. Apparently being free of her duties as Co-Chairman at the production company meant she could team with Feige for the next adventure in Spider-Man's web.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/10/brea...or-spider-man/

Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios officially announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man! Under a new deal, a new Spider-Man will first appear in a currently-unspecified Marvel film within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel’s world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other super heroes in the MCU.

“Spider-Man is one of Marvel’s great characters,” says Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company, “beloved around the world. We’re thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building.”

“We always want to collaborate with the best and most successful filmmakers to grow our franchises and develop our characters. Marvel, Kevin Feige and Amy, who helped orchestrate this deal, are the perfect team to help produce the next chapter of Spider-Man,” said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. “This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans.”

“Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker’s story into the future,” added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.

“I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie,” said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. “Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel’s involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years.”

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.

As a result of the new deal, Thor: Ragnarok will now arrive nearly four months later than planned, moving to November 3, 2017 (from July 28). Black Panther, which previously held that spot, gets delayed eight months, going from that original November 3 date to July 6, 2018. That, in turn, bumps Captain Marvel to November 2, 2018 and moves Inhumans all the way to July 12, 2019. The two-part Avengers: Infinity War, meanwhile, remains set for release May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019.

Andrew Garfield Will Reportedly Not Reprise His Role As Spider-Man

By Jay Jayson 02/10/2015

andrewgarfieldspiderman

Just a few short hours ago, Marvel and Sony announced that Spider-Man next stop will be in the MCU, but the announcement left out some key pieces of information, like is Andrew Garfield and his Amazing Spider-Man no more? Looks like one of the trades knows for sure.

According to The Wrap, Andrew Garfield will not be reprising his role as Spider-Man/Peter Parker when Spidey joins the Marvel cinematic universe.

Garfield, 31, starred in both of Marc Webb's Amazing Spider-Man films. While many people complimented Garfield for his acting skills, there were some that felt he was a bit too old to be portraying a teenager and his take on Peter Parker as being an angsty teenager didn't quite jive with the comic book iterations of Peter.

None of this should come as a surprise, especially since 2012's The Amazing Spider-Man ($262) and 2014's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($202) failed to sniff Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 ($336M) at the domestic box office. Change was needed.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/10/andr...e-as-spider-m/

yea this is confirmed now spider man joined MCU and is gonna be in civil war and then gets his own solo film in 2017 they have shuffled the release dates about has well

----------------------------------------------------------

Alot of people have been saying that they will get miles morales instead of peter parker but I highly doubt it. To squash the miles morales rumors Marvel confirmed that they will be using peter parker ! Feigie is gonna be directing things for spidey only and a consultant to
    the sinister 6 movie, venom solo , and spider girl movies.

A new spidey movie will come out!! and it pushes movies down

Avengers: Age of Ultron: May 1st, 2015
    Ant-Man: July 17th, 2015
    Captain America: Civil War: May 6th, 2016
    Doctor Strange: November 4th, 2016
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2: May 5th, 2017
    *Spider-Man: July 28th, 2017
    *Thor: Ragnarok: November 3rd, 2017
    Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1: May 4th, 2018
    *Black Panther: July 6th, 2018
    *Captain Marvel: November 2nd, 2018
    Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2: May 3th, 2019
    *Inhumans: July 12th, 2019

on a side note. I think Wolverine will be next to come on over!
    I highly doubt the X-men will...but maybe, if Spiderman does really well,
    Marvel will get more wiggle room !

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/10/80...use-spider-man
    Last edited by chiba; 02-10-2015 at 11:20 PM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

holy shit,so he is gonna be in the civil war!!!

this could be good or bad.

its great for certain Marvel storylines, like Avengers and Civil War. but do we really want to see another Spider Man origins movie? I certainly don't, been done too many times now

either way, Marvel made the right move. but as I understand they don't have the full rights back to Spider Man. it'll be interesting to see what the deal allows them to do

great news, the civil war movie will be so much closer to the comic book story line now

dunno bout the spidergirl movies tho ahahaaah, leave that to the adult companies

I hope Marvel get Wolverine back cuz those 2 solo movies left a lot to be desired, maybe Marvel can do Wolverine more justice
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post
    this could be good or bad.

but do we really want to see another Spider Man origins movie? I certainly don't, been done too many times now

i do .. in a marvel's one shot