Thread: when is kool keith going to bring the undertakerz back?

Default when is kool keith going to bring the undertakerz back?

they were a decent side project and should return. too hip for the brainless.

Keith is dropping his third Octagonecologist album next week. I pre-ordered it, can't wait to hear it ...

Btw I'm listening to the 'Feature Magnetic' album right now!

Also, I only found out this week about the December 2016 limited edition (500 CDs, 2 still available on his Bandcamp page) collabo EP with Kutmasta Kurt "Your Mom Is My Wife" - great title lol. It has very stylish cover art. 500 LPs too (sold out) BUT you can buy the mp3s too at a very reasonable price. (The physical copies are overpriced but hey when has that ever held me back lol.)

If I'm not mistaken (you should check the Bandcamp page) the physical copies come with the instrumentals too. Not too sure whether that was for LPs only or the CDs too.

This EP consists of 6 songs from 1996-1997, a very good period in All Things Keith, songs that weren't specifically recorded for any of the projects he dropped around that time. The title track and 'Black Sheriff' can be found on YT and 'Happy New Year' (IIRC) can be listened to on the Bandcamp page. I bought the CD (it's on the way) and going on the accompanying mp3s I'd say half the tracks (including 'Black Sheriff') are good. To clarify I ALWAYS dig Keith's out there and zany lyrics, so the cut off for me is the beat. I'm not too crazy about a lot of tracks that Keith produced himself, same goes for producers who try to emulate that sound as per Keith's request. About 3 of the songs on the EP dound like Kutmasta Kurt doing Keith beats, which he should never do - his OWN brand of beats ismuch better.

Keith has been on a bit of a comeback in terms of quality releases. I really dug his collabo projects with producers L'Orange and Ray West. Also, 'Feature Magnetic' has very good guest appearances and solid to good beats.

Anyway I could wax on about Keith for days but I'll give it a rest now.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-05-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    Retired.

As to Undertakerz I'd welcome a new album too but tbh the first album didn't leave much of an impression on me.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-05-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    Retired.

Lol I just took out my collection to listen to some albums and make a pic for yall

https://imgur.com/a/S25j5

The albums I don't have are way too expensive, I got them on burnt CDs. I might have to check Amazon and Discogs now though to see if anything has become available at a reasonable price, it's been a while since I had a look.

Yeah you could say I'm anticipating the new album haha.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-05-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    Retired.

Nice collection! Just copped Feature magnetic LP, it's dope af. Masters of Illusion might be my favourite LP from Keith. Or i don't know, so much dopeness from him out there. "Let me tall to you" one of the best love songs ever..

I also copped Limited edition Demolition Crash 4LP set recently, but i gotta say that that shit is quite a lot to digest.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Lol I just took out my collection to listen to some albums and make a pic for yall

https://imgur.com/a/S25j5

The albums I don't have are way too expensive, I git them on burnt CDs. I might have to check Amazon and Discogs now though to see if anything has dropped to a reasonable pricd, been a while since I had a look.

Yeah you could say I'm anticipating the new album haha.
    Great collection you have there man. Mad props
    N.I.

Party in the Morgue muhfuckaz!