Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan album officially in production

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    i have a novel idea, how about everyone in Rza's lab as he plays through all his gems and they all decide on what they are feeling?
    if we gonna go the No rza leadership route then they all should have a hand in picking the production and direction of this joint

i'll take it a step further... it's well known that for most of the last 20 years or so, these guys pop into the studio for an hour or 2 here and there, lay their verse, than jump on a jet and they're out of town while Rza puts in the real work of putting the album together. Maybe these guys should put in work with Rza on the pre AND post production and bounce ideas off of him like you said graveyard shifter.

The success that the Saga Continues album had wasn't so much because Rza stepped aside and let Mathematics take over, it was more because it was supposed to be a Method Man project and Red, Meth and Math spend a lot of time together on the road and were able to collaborate closely together.

For ABT, Raekwon whined about the pay and what his share should be and jumped on a couple tracks late after the entire album was almost complete. Then he had the balls to complain about the sound and direction of the album. Get in the studio with Rza and put in those 20 hour days tightening that shit up like he does and maybe you will like the direction of the album.
    Last edited by Sir Artsdradamus; 05-03-2018 at 02:33 PM.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]

i'll take it a step further... it's well known that for most of the last 20 years or so, these guys pop into the studio for an hour or 2 here and there, lay their verse, than jump on a jet and they're out of town while Rza puts in the real work of putting the album together. Maybe these guys should put in work with Rza on the pre AND post production and bounce ideas off of him like you said graveyard shifter.

The success that the Saga Continues album had wasn't so much because Rza stepped aside and let Mathematics take over, it was more because it was supposed to be a Method Man project and Red, Meth and Math spend a lot of time together on the road and were able to collaborate closely together.

For ABT, Raekwon whined about the pay and what his share should be and jumped on a couple tracks late after the entire album was almost complete. Then he had the balls to complain about the sound and direction of the album. Get in the studio with Rza and put in those 20 hour days tightening that shit up like he does and maybe you will like the direction of the album.
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

[FONT=Verdana]

true bro, but we all know they don't give a fuck about it and have their own shit going on and won't stay with RZA and mix and master this record. Sad but true.

I hate RZA for some shit he's done with Wu but if it wasn't for him, Wu would've been dead for 15 years I think. He even paid for the last album as far as I can remember from his own pocket

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Peace CT

Yeah going into the vault isn't the worst idea. Like Buckwild did for Celph Titled. However, if this is gonna be the last album then they need to suck it up n show they give a f#ck n get in the studio as a crew. Suck it up for a month. Won't happen but not impossible. Peace

End of story!!

couldnt have been said better
    [FONT=Verdana]

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

consider this, maybe if they told Rza," yo ...not that shit right there, where them hard drums and dusty joints at", maybe he would go ahead and give them that?

if you want something, you gotta denounce the yes man, weed carrier mentality and speak up, theres no way a wu-tang album would exist if wutang members refused to lay down verses till they are comfortable with the direction of the music

but i digress

what do i know...
    In a perfect world that sounds good, but I think that idea is just holding on to something that's no longer there. Rza is done and the clan is past them "old dusty joints". If I never heard another Rza Beat or Rhyme again I wouldn't be upset. It's similar to the people on here who still believe 4th Disciple beats are going to sound like SW4QW. It's done. The Clan wants to rhyme over some fresh sounding shit. They don't want to hear that Rza bullshit from the last few projects. My guess is that with Ghost at the helm this shit is going to have some MMG type beats (J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League) mixed with some underground sounding beats. I believe everyone here needs to get rid of the idea of them rhyming over some "old dusty joints". That era is over. Even if they did have those beats the rhymes wouldn't even fit them. Not the rhymes they're spitting nowadays. They don't even drop jewels in their records anymore. Everyone is just stuck in a time frame because we want to hear that old shit. Feel nostalgic. But it's gone....If I can get 4-5 GOOD tracks from the album that's a win.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

[FONT=Verdana]

I agree with this. This is the only way we'll hear something that's more than just "decent". Everyone in the studio together listening to beats, kicking ideas back and forth, throwing darts in the air. But this is unlikely. The only one who has time to do this is probably RZA, MK & GZA. Everyone else is constantly doing shows because they HAVE to. Wu-Tang shouldn't even be rapping at this point to be honest, they should be at executive levels now. But that's me going on a tangent...anyways If you can get the entire clan to have no shows for the next 3-4 months then this can happen. These are grown men in their 40's, kids to take care of, people to see...I doubt they can pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    In a perfect world that sounds good, but I think that idea is just holding on to something that's no longer there. Rza is done and the clan is past them "old dusty joints". If I never heard another Rza Beat or Rhyme again I wouldn't be upset. It's similar to the people on here who still believe 4th Disciple beats are going to sound like SW4QW. It's done. The Clan wants to rhyme over some fresh sounding shit. They don't want to hear that Rza bullshit from the last few projects. My guess is that with Ghost at the helm this shit is going to have some MMG type beats (J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League) mixed with some underground sounding beats. I believe everyone here needs to get rid of the idea of them rhyming over some "old dusty joints". That era is over. Even if they did have those beats the rhymes wouldn't even fit them. Not the rhymes they're spitting nowadays. They don't even drop jewels in their records anymore. Everyone is just stuck in a time frame because we want to hear that old shit. Feel nostalgic. But it's gone....If I can get 4-5 GOOD tracks from the album that's a win.
    Realistic and to the point analysis imo.
    Retired.

Agree with Dartz. And I think that another problem is that we, as fans, still believe that their are capable of doing something as dope as their early work but maybe the truth is much easier and they just ran out of steam and cannot do anything dope anymore. It's struck many musicians so why not them?

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

I don't think ppl expect 36 chambers as much as they except reasonably enjoyable music. Rza just isn't good at making music.

Men in there 40's can still rap bro! that's nonsense to think otherwise..
    AND Wu- Tang can STILL rap on dusty beats, thats nonsense to think otherwise..
    Subject matter is limitless thats nonsense to think they aint got nothing more to rap about..
    Of course we all have our dream WuTang album but
    as long as there still making music thats a blessing..
    How many other hip-hop groups can say that 25 years later?
    And to say they aint dropping JEWELS means you aint listening Lord..
    You must be only intrigued by the drums

This is what yall should do... Get a million $ and fund your dream Wu-Tang album like Cilvaringz did...
    i'll still be patiently waiting with cash in hand 88 years later! PEACE

Wu-Tang Forever
    Snypa LG

^ their voices ain't the same, they don't have the same energy anymore. And the fact that some rappers can rap in their 40s or 50s, doesn't mean Wu can. GZA cannot for example
    Last edited by soob; 05-05-2018 at 03:17 PM.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    ^ their voices ain't the same, they don't have the same energy anymore. And the fact that some rappers can rap in the 40s or 50s, doesn't mean Wu can. GZA cannot for example
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Veteran Member

I wouldn't want their new album to have the same dusty style beats as their earlier albums. If anything I'd want an updated sound. Raekwon's The Wild is a great album imo. Modern production but still true to hip hop. Imagine the Clan rapping over The Reign from that album?

Veteran Member

a lot of what is in this thread does not apply to meth. Personally, I'd be happy with a new meth album with guys production, with some wu features. His flow has only improved over time imo