Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Ghostface Interview 4/30

^^wiki says he left school in the 10th grade? Idk if that's reall true

Fun fact on wiki, which was news to me at least : GZA held down a job as a bicycle messenger when his Cold Chillin debut dropped.
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    i rather listen to a gfk album that is written by him. Wizard Of Poetry is Wiggs all the way . the words, the slang, the flow. WOP is not for me.
    What makes you say that? Im askin cuz jve seen several times ghost say he out a lot of work into that album and that its his fav album.

Idk if id say my fav album was one i didnt even write. I have no doubt ghost had help to record the album but idk it seems like this was a passion project for him idk why hed need writers for.

Also, ty ringz... i saw that was the email on twitter but figured that was somethin run by his manager. Never have luck with management, its always when i can get in direct contact do i have success. 85 beats for ghost/wu on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    85 beats for ghost/wu on the way.
    Good luck, and this comes from the heart!

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

one of the better Ghost interviews I've ever seen. He really opened up

sounds like his mind is in a good place. Very humble, down-to-earth dude. Cracked me up that he said he's afraid to do shrooms nowadays...

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Ghost thinks 'Wizard of Poetry' is his best album? He must REALLY like RnB.

Some people pan the album, I'm not one of them but I wouldn't say it's a top 3 or even a top 5 Ghost album.

@ Mumm Ra : thanks for posting the highlights, I never have the patience to sit through interviews.
    definately in my top 5 gfk albums

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    Good luck, and this comes from the heart!
    Thanks breh. Had to cut it down to 50

Didnt want the clan spittin on mediocre shit even if it was mine. Picked a buncha soul, hardcore hip hop and some grown shit for them. They are older im not wxpecting them to “bring da ruckus” just drop good lyrics. I offered my services free as well if they in nyc and need beatmakers on the fly.. Lol.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    definately in my top 5 gfk albums
    I listened to wizard of poetry one time when it first came out. I remember it being horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Thanks breh. Had to cut it down to 50

Didnt want the clan spittin on mediocre shit even if it was mine. Picked a buncha soul, hardcore hip hop and some grown shit for them. They are older im not wxpecting them to “bring da ruckus” just drop good lyrics. I offered my services free as well if they in nyc and need beatmakers on the fly.. Lol.
    Don't wanna burst your bubble 'cause your beats are probably better than RZA nowadays but if you sample and don't have much studio / realization experience they will probably let you down 'cause sample clearance is fucking expensive and neither Ghost or RZA will risk that. The other problem is that a lot of underground producers I've met have no knowledge how to really make music (arrange it / mix it etc) and they just were able to hit their MPCs. But as I said I ain't hating and I keep my fingers crossed for you bro.

It would be a good idea if they could pick 20 beats from their fan and record a free mixtape over them beats.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Don't wanna burst your bubble 'cause your beats are probably better than RZA nowadays but if you sample and don't have much studio / realization experience they will probably let you down 'cause sample clearance is fucking expensive and neither Ghost or RZA will risk that. The other problem is that a lot of underground producers I've met have no knowledge how to really make music (arrange it / mix it etc) and they just were able to hit their MPCs. But as I said I ain't hating and I keep my fingers crossed for you bro.

It would be a good idea if they could pick 20 beats from their fan and record a free mixtape over them beats.
    Well. Ghost in particular has a love of that sound so thats kind of his curse id think. I sent a lotta beats with very lil or no samples but you know he loves them old soul joints. Ill leave that upto them. His email is full right now i sent it to his manager ill try tomorrow.

Rza been sampling even with everything replayed. Both last 2 wu projects were heavily sampled so i hear ya but i think thats what they looking for still. Some of these right up wus alley.

I offered to make beats for samples cleared n whatever. Ive done this for other mcs once or twice. Fuck ill work with rza. Sheeeeit.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 05-06-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Great listen. No interviews like Wu interviews.