Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GZA Recalls “Liquid Swords” Origins During NPR “Tiny Desk Concert”

I can't pass comment on Kenneth specifically as I've never heard him, but judging by opinions I've seen of him on here I know it is utterly absurd to compare his shit to LS. I know I should really listen myself and make up my own mind, but I'm just not interested in doing so. Considering most the post 2000's stuff that members of this forum hold in especially high regard doesn't really hold my attention or appeal to me, I think it's safe to say that this Kenneth guy who a lot of those same people don't even like at all, would be a complete waste of thyme for the god.

And just straight up, nothing that came out after 1998 could possibly ever compare to the classic golden era albums, cos that was the pinnacle of hip hop. Just like no prog or pop/rock album that came out after the 70's could ever compare to Dark Side of the Moon or Abbey Road.

PRODIGAL SUN

how far removed do you have to be to not know who kendrick lamar is lmao.

Kendrick lamar gets more props than gza EVER got. More heralded. More salea. More awards. More everything.

Just so you know. Not that i agree (i dont, yes LS is better than most albums) but you sound like you have no idea what youre talking about bro and talkin like dude a nobody and who is he just shows you are not in touch with hip hop anymore.

Whos kendrick lamar? Besides drake, the most popular rapper of the past 5 years lmao.

Yeah bro I'm as far removed as they come. I've never heard this Drake guy either. No joke. And yeah I'm completely out of touch with modern hip hop. Moreso than u could ever imagine.

As for Kenneth has done this n that...I really don't give a flying fuck. Nelly has also achieved a lot more than Holocaust or killa sin, if u get my drift.

And the reason I'm that far removed is cos almost nothing I've heard since about 2007 or so had any lasting value for me. That's just how it is. Doesn't mean it's all bad or anything. Just that I've learned not to bother.

No disrespect but why so many hip-hop heads think that ignorance (not knowing who Kendrick Lamar is) is cool and shit? As ForensikZ said, Kendrick is one of the best to ever touch the mic and his album are game changers.

Saying that nothing that came after 98 can't be compare to classic album is bullshit as well. The new generation has its own sound and I know many young hip-hop heads who can't really listen to GZA or early Wu albums 'cause it's just not their vibe but they love Kendrick and other today's artists.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

I don't think it's cool not knowing him. This whole shit started cos I wanted to know if I should check any of those albums out.

For me there can never b any comparison betwixt those early Wu albums and anything to come out since the late 90's. I'm pretty stubborn on that. But you're more than entitled to ur own opinion. I really didn't mean for this thread to b about me. In fact I'm a little uncomfortable that it's gone that way, lolz.

Kendrick just won a goddamn Pulitzer Prize.

First rapper in history to do so.

So we're just going to completely omit that fact as if it's irrelevant or something?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

^personally, yeah, I would, lolz. Honestly couldn't care less.

yeah that prize is super irrelevant lol. i go by lyrics and not prizes and fame
    i legit cant even grasp how someone could think hes one of the best MCs ever. or compare him lyrically to gza even the slightest. but thats me i guess

^ I'm not saying that Kendrick winning the Pulitzer absolves the guy from being criticized or disliked.

My point is, the is a monumental step for Hip-Hop as a whole.

If someone chooses not to listen to to his music it's one thing, but to completely write someone off who has just achieved a milestone that benefits the culture as a whole seems intentionally contrarian simply for the sake of stirring the shit online.

But, one's preference is one's preference.

I'm not in the business of trying to force an artist on other people if they just aren't interested.

And to speak to stupid comments section spam on YouTube.

Anyone comparing Liquid Swords to any of Kendrick Lamar's dicsography is a special Ed student with no frame of reference or understanding of the history of the culture.

You know, just like every dumbass 12 year old transsexual that spends all day trolling YT comments sections.

At least nobody compared him to Eminem, that's a go to for any idiotic pre-pubescent that comments on Hip-Hop vids.

Example: "Eminem would kill this old guy in a battle...#hurrdurrimaspammingazzfaggot!!1!!1"
    Last edited by Squidgy McGubbins; 05-04-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

kendick's voice is more whiny than when tsa's green card wife does that 50 shades of grey shit to him. his songs that i heard are about average.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    And just straight up, nothing that came out after 1998 could possibly ever compare to the classic golden era albums, cos that was the pinnacle of hip hop.
    Not even The Cold Vein by Cannibal Ox, which dropped in 2001? Imo, it's the greatest Hip Hop album conceived.