Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jedi Mind Tricks - The Bridge & The Abyss New Album

Default Jedi Mind Tricks - The Bridge & The Abyss New Album

Vinnie Paz and Stoupe are back with another album, not my favourite so far, but still some bangers on here ::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV1IW4d6E78

"Three years after their The Thief And The Fallen project, Jedi Mind Tricks is back for its ninth album.

The Bridge And The Abyss features Yes Alexander, CZARFACE, Thea Alana, Eamon, Scott Stallone, and the late Sean Price.

The 19-track project is the second since the original lineup of Vinnie Paz and producer Stoupe The Enemy Of Mankind reunited in 2015."

from :: https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.47375/t...e-abyss-album#

Shaolin Master

Stoupe steals the show once again. His beats aren’t as dope as they used to be but he is still one of the best. Vinnie needs to cut the adlibs but I liked him other than that on here. Solid album. Loved the czarface and Sean price tracks. Standouts for me

Has anybody put out an album since Sean p and prodigy died that doesn't feature at least one of the 2? I've only heard a handful of albums since, but pretty sure every one of 'em has had at least one of them on it.

Fucken ridiculous.

Ok I don't think the u God album had either of 'em. That'd b the only one.

Masta killa
    Mathematics
    Meyhem

And I think there's one more I've peeped and it had one or both of em on it.

Peace CT

You know what you are getting with these guys so if you like previous material then you will like this or vice versa. They don't switch it up much. Which is fine by me. However I could do without Vinnie always trying to get deep on the last track of every album. This one is animal cruelty. Ha. And no problem with the Sean P feature's as all 4 mentioned in previous post seemed to be recorded for the intention of these albums. Peace

Shaolin Master

No issue with the Sean p verse. Dude has lines specifically naming Stoupe on production. Clearly recorded for the album.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Ok I don't think the u God album had either of 'em. That'd b the only one.

Masta killa
    Mathematics
    Meyhem

And I think there's one more I've peeped and it had one or both of em on it.
    The other one was conway - goat. Prodigy feature on there. Yeah I know it's legit, but that's 4/5 albums. Fuc'n ridiculous.

The other one was conway - goat. Prodigy feature on there. Yeah I know it's legit, but that's 4/5 albums. Fuc'n ridiculous.
    What a weird thing to have to complain about. Albums got emcees on it that can actually rap.

Well it's not about not wanting to hear them. It's about every man and his dog having those guys on their shit now that they're dead.

Shaolin Master

Who cares. Sean p has been fucking with jmt since violent by design, so it doesn’t bother me at all.

Has anybody put out an album since Sean p and prodigy died that doesn't feature at least one of the 2? I've only heard a handful of albums since, but pretty sure every one of 'em has had at least one of them on it.

Fucken ridiculous.
    and thats a bad thing?

FUCK OUTTA HERE! - Sean P voice

The range of songs here is awesome.

The one of the abusive father/husband was very cringe worthy.
    Solid release from the JMT camp.

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Wow I'm surprised by peoples reaction to this album. Personally I feel like Stoupe dropped the ball on this one. The only track I 100% consider classic JMT is DEATH TOLL RISING. The rest is kinda meh to me.

I'll admit I still need to give it more spins to let it sink in more but as of now I'm pretty disappointed.
    Last edited by EL DON; 07-16-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Shaolin Master

Compared to stoupe’s work on the early jedi, then yes I agree with you. But sub optimal stoupe is still better than 99% of 808 Casio keyboard generic sounding beats out now. Rashindun caliphate, the Sean p joint and czarface songs are all bangers to me.

Veteran Member

I really like jmt's first few albums. I've listened to this one once. Not feeling it at all. I'm almost to the point where I can't listen to vinnie paz any more.

Regarding sean price and prodigy, I felt the same way when I heard them on masta killas album, like a cash in. But honestly I'll take anything unreleased from Sean Price, so I'm not mad