Thread: ANKHLEJOHN - Van Ghost

Default ANKHLEJOHN - Van Ghost

Damn this album is dope af! I Only just found Ankhlejohn (pronounced Uncle John!) his delivery and flow is what I want to listen to right now, and the production from Big Ghost is dirty af. Real deep hardcore material. I can't understand why this cat is so slept on? Is he new as there seems to be a new school of artists out at the minute who seem to be representing the next wave of hardcore hip-hop. The likes of Tha God Fahim, Crimeapple, Al Divino, Benny The Butcher and Daniel Son are all I want to hear right now.

Anyway here is the Van Ghost album, album of the year contender for me, check track number 9 one of the best posse cuts around at the minute "At Eternitys Gate" featuring Lil Eto, Fly Anakin and Crimeapple ::

https://shaaprecords.bandcamp.com/al...ost?from=embed

https://open.spotify.com/album/1DunyZJ6Yq0wvzWsFYX52U

Every project John has dropped is fire check out the EP below which is part of a 4 EP Saga which he released as a 4 pack

Quote Originally Posted by mAlAkAz View Post
    Every project John has dropped is fire check out the EP below which is part of a 4 EP Saga which he released as a 4 pack
    Thanks man, I will check this out after lunch. I cant believe how slept on this guy is. I pumped a few tracks at home from his Van Ghost album and shazamed a couple to see how many shazams and there was only 1! I dont really know anything about him, his stuff just came up in my bandcamp and i like it - the Red Room album. Is he new or what ? Do you have any info on him? The beats that he choses to rap over are awesome.

Yeah dude is fire...

This Van Ghost LP is seriously dope. One of the best LPs i've heard in a while. June was such an incredible month for album drops.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_human View Post
    Thanks man, I will check this out after lunch. I cant believe how slept on this guy is. I pumped a few tracks at home from his Van Ghost album and shazamed a couple to see how many shazams and there was only 1! I dont really know anything about him, his stuff just came up in my bandcamp and i like it - the Red Room album. Is he new or what ? Do you have any info on him? The beats that he choses to rap over are awesome.
    hes a new young rapper out of washington d.c. he got his own music label Shaap Records which is distributed by Fxck Rxp Records one the hottest independent label right now putting out everything on vinyls, cassettes, CDs, Mp3s and streams, his debut album the red room was released late last year but hes been putting out singles and videos for more than 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by mAlAkAz View Post
    hes a new young rapper out of washington d.c. he got his own music label Shaap Records which is distributed by Fxck Rxp Records one the hottest independent label right now putting out everything on vinyls, cassettes, CDs, Mp3s and streams, his debut album the red room was released late last year but hes been putting out singles and videos for more than 5 years
    cheers bru, I have checked a lot of his other releases. I was put of first of all by his "sick, sick, sick" or "six, six, six" ad-libs thinking he was some kind of new school satanic rapper, but i pushed past that and pushed my fears to the side and was treated to some dope music. The beats bu Big Ghost Ltd are awesome, just like th Crimeapple album he produced.

^^^its Sick, Sick, Sick on the ad-lib's not six, six, six lol

Interview with Ankhle John on this podcast ::

http://insomniacmagazine.com/ankhlej...ustry-podcast/

he dropped another album "The Yellow House"

https://shaaprecords.com/album/the-yellow-house

Check out The Red Room and Lordy By Nature as well...ANKHLEJOHN mad dope