Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: illegal immigration

The ABBOTT

I do think the majority of the people are good natured and want to assist the needy. But also trying to live debt free, educate your children, fund your healthcare and retirement are overwhelming when a third or more of what you earn goes to taxes.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Social security is a scam. It should up to the individual to provide their own retirement fund. Why do I need the goverment to do it for me? Just because their are too many irresponsible people who can't be counted on to save for themselves, now I have to pay into something that I may never recoup.
    There's a reason social security exists. SS just isn't for retirement, it's for disability, too. When my father passed, we received his social security. That helped us a lot until I was 18.

During this unfortunate times, people are tapping in their retirement to make ends meet. I had to because my hrs were cut.

Just because people didn't save up doesn't make them irresponsible.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    There's a reason social security exists. SS just isn't for retirement, it's for disability, too. When my father passed, we received his social security. That helped us a lot until I was 18.

During this unfortunate times, people are tapping in their retirement to make ends meet. I had to because my hrs were cut.

Just because people didn't save up doesn't make them irresponsible.
    The majority of it goes to retirement. It is unfortunate your dad passed away when you were young. It is the reason why I have extensive life insurance. To me that is a better alternative than social security. Instead of paying into social security i should have my own retirement, life insurance, short/long term disabilty to cover me. Tell me, would you rather pay into social security, which you may never benefit, or have the freedom to direct your money into whatever accounts that will directly help you.

The ABBOTT

Now that Trump is at the end of his term. How is that border wall being built by Mexico coming. It should be all done by now, I would think. Steve Bannon was directing all those funds to make sure it was completed. He wouldn't be funneling those funds to himself or anything. Trump doesn't associate with crooks. Never has any major contributor or campaign manager of his,done anything wrong or illegal.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    The majority of it goes to retirement. It is unfortunate your dad passed away when you were young. It is the reason why I have extensive life insurance. To me that is a better alternative than social security. Instead of paying into social security i should have my own retirement, life insurance, short/long term disabilty to cover me. Tell me, would you rather pay into social security, which you may never benefit, or have the freedom to direct your money into whatever accounts that will directly help you.
    Thank you. I get this but not everyone has the ability to save up. Layoffs, COVID-19 cutting hrs, health issues, etc.

I'd love to have the little extra help when I'm older. I have a retirement account now so I'll be good. Unfortunately, not everyone can save like us.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Thank you. I get this but not everyone has the ability to save up. Layoffs, COVID-19 cutting hrs, health issues, etc.

I'd love to have the little extra help when I'm older. I have a retirement account now so I'll be good. Unfortunately, not everyone can save like us.
    Your right, not every one had the ability to save up. One main reason for this is, so much of their money ends up going to the government. Income tax, sales tax, vehicle tax , property tax, Social security, state taxes, federal taxes. I think you get the idea.

Lets get rid of or significantly reduce these taxes and the majoriry of people would be able to take care of themselves. People tend to pay taxes for things that don't benefit them. Take a look at the government expenditures and see how much tax payer money is wasted