Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Czarface vs Ghostface Killah Coming Soon!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

If this is true about Wigs writing for Ghost now than he needs to seriously consider retirement. It's ok if you don't have it anymore, you left a great legacy behind for future generations. I agree about Meth being the hottest right now but The Meth Lab proved he needs Rza and some good beats in the studio with him in order for us to get something half decent. This is the same guy who said Wu-Tang Forever wasn't good but hasn't put out anything good since. And I also have to agree with another point made, those concept albums by Ghost are some of his WORST projects. Lazy rhymes and just a boring mic presence overall. I bought 36 Seasons from best buy and I didn't even make it past track 6, haven't listened to it since. On top of that Sheek out rhymed him on Wu-Block point blank period. I'm glad he's taking his time with SC 2. Ghost & Doom project may have some of his last good rhymes on it that's why I want to hear it. Apollo Kids was his last decent project and that wasn't a real album.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 07-17-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Its almost like Ghost is trying to avoid having to release an actual solo LP where he gets all the credit, or blame. I did like a few of his collabo LPs but still.

I'm not a fan of Czarface for the most part either so Ghost doing this instead of Doomstarks, SC2, and the alleged Clan LP is not good news to me.

I feel that Ghost is such an established, distinct and well-liked character that it's not hard for him to make a good to a decent album. All he has to do is 'show-up' and sprinkle in the characteristics people like from him. That being said, the last time he did this was 8 Diagrams. I will never wrap my head around having a less talented ghostwriter..especially an untalented one. I think all of these guys are plagued by having a bad circle. Once you're a 'legend' people stop telling you if you wrote something lame and you're less inclined to listen.

I think Meth hates making songs/albums and it's a serious pay cut from him to pull out of TV, touring and movies to start rapping. I think that of all the things he does, making music is the most chore/job like for him. Making a movie is 10x harder than making an album so I don't think he's lazy. I also don't think he shows up on his own albums because he needs the group dynamic to get energized and competitive.

ps. Everyone listing members that are still on point should add rae.

I also don't get people that listen to wutang that also don't like wutang forever, nor do I understand the groups general disliking of it. I wonder if the process of making it sucked and left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I was the beginning of the end so i wouldn't be surprised.

the only stuff that they probably wrote for him were those 3 comic book concept albums that the A&R/producer Andrew Kelley prepared for Ghost, i read some Andrew Kelley interview here before that method man was suppose to do those 12 reasons comic book albums, but you know meth is never around to do albums just features, so they made Ghost to the albums which he didnt want to do anyways because he had to convert the comic book into rap lyrics, so the producer went and got the Clan, Killa Sin, AZ, Kool G Rap, Nems, Wigs and a few others to complete the rest of these short albums that ghost didnt want to complete.
    Last edited by mAlAkAz; 07-19-2018 at 11:12 PM.

^^^ true, While Ghostface is one of those who have remained constant in their LPs, to decayed in their lyric, maybe age can be a factor and the new movement of culture forces them to liryc each time of less quality, Ghost is an OG but he needs to reinvent himself

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I also don't get people that listen to wutang that also don't like wutang forever, nor do I understand the groups general disliking of it. I wonder if the process of making it sucked and left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I was the beginning of the end so i wouldn't be surprised.
    IIRC the wu was frustrated that the lyrics on 'Forever' were received by a lot of their fans as too heady / complicated. I remember various instances of generals saying 'the lyrics went over people's heads'

To me, it's still their most 'lyrical' and thus most ambitious album. 'Forever' is 10/10 or maybe 9.5/10 to me still, after all these years.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Its almost like Ghost is trying to avoid having to release an actual solo LP where he gets all the credit, or blame. I did like a few of his collabo LPs but still.

I'm not a fan of Czarface for the most part either so Ghost doing this instead of Doomstarks, SC2, and the alleged Clan LP is not good news to me.
    Yeah it does seem like Gost is avoiding putting out his solo 'tour de force' SC2.
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

ohhhh shit,cant wait!

Come on Ghost would never have a ghost writer. He might have advice from a close friend or friends or the producer, but he would never have someone ghost write whole verses for him, thats BS!
    As for him aging, I think to myself, is rap/music something some one has to do for all of their lives? I sometimes think alot of rappers are trapped, and probably burnt out from ideas, or worried that if they change their style or image they will lose their fan base. But I think the opposite, eg look at Jay-Z he may have lost some of his fans doing 4.44 but hes matured, therefore he has different things to say, same as Nas on Life is Good, if Ghost was to really spit what he wants to, with no fear it could be amazing as his style is amazing, I think hes just burning out on the toughguy lyrics he spits so often. He loved the Wizard of Poetry cos he was able to venture into his own realm and do him, with RnB etc. That's Ghost doing him, but alot of people did'nt dig it. Its a sharp album though, amazing story telling. So alot of rappers are trapped, this is their only career. When I see GZA in rocking live shows and some interviews, I feel like he Don't wana be there, But he has to be for the cash.
    Last edited by Rawticus; 07-25-2018 at 05:18 AM.

Veteran Member

^^^I have to agree with everyone else regarding it sounding like his concept album verses were ghost written. His rhymes were just not good on those....

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    ^^^I have to agree with everyone else regarding it sounding like his concept album verses were ghost written. His rhymes were just not good on those....
    Na, I dont think they wrote for him, but they gave him the script/storyline to follow, therefore guided him on what they wanted him to say or portray and cos its not really his story, or from his heart it sounds more scripted, no passion. Hes a busy man, he aint got time to fully embrace a whole story and write with passion if its not really his thing.There's an interview where he basically admits he wasn't really keen on it, but he did it.
    Ghost is best in his own chamber he created. Not some fictional story what someone else came up with to concept his name.

Those in denial need to listen harder.....
    Ghost hangs out with Perb....Supreme Clientele & Bulletproof Wallets sound like Perb!!!
    Ghost ditches Perb
    Ghost hangs out with Trife....Pretty Toney & Fishscale, sounds like Trife!!!
    Ghost ditches Trife (where's ghost on any of Trifes new mixtapes or album.....nowhere!)
    Ghost hangs out with Wigs....Big Doe Rehab and concept albums sounds like Wigs, shit for example!!!
    Ghost doesn't ditch Wigs....look out for some quality upcoming verses lol...

That said, I fuckin love Ghosts voice and presence on the Mic but I don't have false idols either...

Quote Originally Posted by clanarchy View Post
    Those in denial need to listen harder.....
    Ghost hangs out with Perb....Supreme Clientele & Bulletproof Wallets sound like Perb!!!
    Ghost ditches Perb
    Ghost hangs out with Trife....Pretty Toney & Fishscale, sounds like Trife!!!
    Ghost ditches Trife (where's ghost on any of Trifes new mixtapes or album.....nowhere!)
    Ghost hangs out with Wigs....Big Doe Rehab and concept albums sounds like Wigs, shit for example!!!
    Ghost doesn't ditch Wigs....look out for some quality upcoming verses lol...

That said, I fuckin love Ghosts voice and presence on the Mic but I don't have false idols either...

bong bong !!!!

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Fishscales is ghosts greatest verse so whoever wrote that can suck on tsa's dick
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?