Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunz Of Man 'The Last Shall Be First' turns 20 years old

Default Sunz Of Man 'The Last Shall Be First' turns 20 years old

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Illusions is one of Fourth Disciple's most underappreciated beats. Same goes for True Master's Flaming Swords. Wish Prodigal Sunn had his screaming, grimey style on this album.
    Last edited by David Daniel Davis; 07-22-2018 at 03:08 AM.

Fantastic album and i remember those ads from The Source and such.

+1

Yeah this and Heavy Mental are the best Wu fam albums for me. Classic album. I had (even still would have, somewhere) Source mags with one or two of those ads as well.

Peace CT

"Not Promised Tomorrow" is arguably the greatest song in history. Obviously exaggerating but you guys get the point. Classic indeed. The Swarm dropped same day correct ? Peace

The ABBOTT

Never understood why they never released a true follow up to this classic? Israeli news was my joint along with not promised tomorrow.

Eastern village

As I remember killah priest was blowing up and kind of already left the group when the album was released. Thats why hes not in alot of songs if i remember right. I do think he had a fallout with hell razah at the time aswell.
    Last edited by jaydee3; 07-22-2018 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Adding info

Veteran Member

Killah Priest had a fallout with RZA during this time because he was more invested with his solo album and RZA told him that Sunz of man is more important than his solo carreer.

Also he had problems with RZA because he used the W logo on Heavy mental without his permission.

And finally there was problems with the tai chi beat because it was produced by 4th disciple but rza wanted the credits. And some problems with the «*from then till now*» beat that GFK wanted to use but KP kept it for his solo.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

GhostFace is ill, but I think that ended up better with Killah Priest. Oh well, I am certain there is an instrumental out there for it. GhostFace could always make his own version

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

top 5 Killa Bee album
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Another classic from ‘98

i remember buying this with my allowance money instead of the wu tang killa beez the swarm because i thought this had Five Arch Angels the song but when i played it, it was a outro version with the same instrumental i was so disappointed, but the album was still good either way, i also passed up the swarm vol. 1 that year because the back cover tracklist didnt have the names of the artist on each track, but a few years later i bought the CD after i heard the snippets , and ended up liking it more than the Sunz of Man album

Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    Killah Priest had a fallout with RZA during this time because he was more invested with his solo album and RZA told him that Sunz of man is more important than his solo carreer.

Also he had problems with RZA because he used the W logo on Heavy mental without his permission.

And finally there was problems with the tai chi beat because it was produced by 4th disciple but rza wanted the credits. And some problems with the «*from then till now*» beat that GFK wanted to use but KP kept it for his solo.
    do you have more information (maybe an article or some book?) about that RZA v Killah Priest situation?

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

I prefer a lot of the songs that preceded the official debut album tbh
    Retired.