Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cypress Hill - Band Of Gypsies

Default Cypress Hill - Band Of Gypsies

This Cypress Hill LP might actually be good. The Muggs LP is shaping up nicely as well.

dope, was expecting better though

dope!

This is dope af, Breal killin it... finaly wait is almost over, september 28!

Better than I thought it would be

I revisited iv and the skull disc of skull n bones just recently, as well as looking up what they've done since on AllMusic. I feel as if they might've already had a review for this on there. The name sounds familiar.

But yeah, iv n skull r pretty good. I will complete the discog at some point. Muggs is def a contender for most consistent hip hop producer ever.

IV is crazy under-rated! Muggs was still on that dark vibe, joints like Case Closed, From the Window of my Room, Prelude to a Comeup are all dope as hell. Clash of the Titans beat is fuckin epic!! Even the Dr. Greenthumb track is dope now, that beat is dusty as fuck! I could never get in to that track back in the day cos the video seemed to be on MTV constantly!

My favourite Cypress album after the first 3 is Til Death Do Us Part. It’s crazy slept on but Muggs comes with the bangers again!! There is one or two really horrible tracks but on the whole it’s dope and kinda shows the type of production Muggs was heading towards with the Vs. series.

I would avoid the Rise Up album though. What the fuck was B-Real thinking trying to make a Cypress album without Muggs??!! If Muggs isn’t feeling it, you wait. This is more like a B-Real solo album featuring Sen Dog. They did get 3 Muggs beats on there in the end, all co-produced with DJ Khalil, but even they aren’t great.

I’d say Muggs is pretty much the only one from the early 90’s that is still making that dope gutter shit. Definitely most consistant. I like how he can go away from hip hop for a few years, experiment with different genres but then still come back and deliver the shit that the hardcore fans want. RZA should pay attention!

Peace!

This new Band of Gypsies joint is ill. Beat is insane!! Seriously can’t wait for this album to drop!

B-Real sounds dope. Muggs said he wanted to create a record that gives tou the experience of tripping without doing any drugs. The tracklist looks good, little interludes all over the place so hopefully the album will play with one cohesive vibe.

Peace!

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yeah. If B Real wanted to do an entire Cypress Hill album without Muggs, then he should have just gotten Alchemist to do it. Even though Alchemist has seemed to fallen off in my opinion, fallen off Alchemist is still exponentially better than the wackness B Real produced for Rise Up.. Even hard core Cypress Hill fans loathe that album

I'm really excited for this album now, all signs point to this being awesome. From the interviews I've read it sounds like Muggs and Co have really crafted an album, a concept album at that. Its a lost art these days and its a great concept for Cypress.

After 2000 they got really passé as a rap group and they straight up sucked when they tried to do rock music. I remember Muggs saying he was never into the rock direction. I'm glad hes leading this time, hes having a renaissance and B Real and Sen sound on point on 'Band Of Gypsies'.

Peace CT

Never been a big B Real fan but will probably support this based on Muggs alone. Muggs is getting close to overtaking RZA as my GOAT. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Never been a big B Real fan but will probably support this based on Muggs alone. Muggs is getting close to overtaking RZA as my GOAT. Peace
    Muggs been the Goat for me for a long time.

I'd put Mr Green up there as well. He's put out nothing but fire now for years.

Muggs is the undisputed GOAT in my opinion. No question.

I’d be surprised if RZA even remembered how to make hard shit like this!

Peace!

Well iam into cypress rock songs, bones dsic is still bangin in my stereo lol. And Trouble is a fuckin classick to me. Yeah rise up sucked as cypress album, but if u take it like i dunno mixtape of cypress family its aight. Few dope bangers there, i even listen to it few times per month. That Jake Ones track is fuckin badass, love that beat.