Thread: Greatest 1v1 fighters of all thyme

Default Greatest 1v1 fighters of all thyme

I'm gonna set it off with a top 3...

1. Street fighter vs x men - I grew up playing Street fighter 2/champion edition/turbo, and mk 1,2,3 etc. So mad hours put into those shits. But all in all I don't think I've ever spent as much thyme on any fighting Game as I did sf vs x men on my ps1. Awesome fuc'n gameplay. Aerial raves, ninja whut? I used to play the survival mode. Mayne I'd clock up crazy amounts of victories before eventually having a dud round against that apocalypse cunt. U had to b alert against that cunt.

2. Tatsunuko vs capcom - this is an unlikely one for me. Like basically I only fux wit' Ryu in it. I use batshit batsu as my number 2, but I'm not big on him. But the graphics n gameplay in this r second to none. It's a pity too that it's with Wii controls, tho I play it with my ps2/Xbox sf2 arcade stick, the button layout is still limited.

If this game had the cast of snk vs capcom with a traditional 6 or even 4 button layout, it'd b untouchable.

3. Capcom vs snk 2 - with absolutely no competition whatsoever, by a country fucking mile, the best selection of characters in any fighting Game ever. Completely incontestable. Awesome gameplay too, and one game where I actually really love using a team of three (Shin akuma/bad iori or whatever his name is, and usually Terry Bogard, but so many other great characters to fill that spot, especially haomura if u need to do some heavy damage).

I fux wit' Neo Geo shit. Kof is the second best series after sf, for me. Samurai showdown and last Blade series were great. Fatal fury. World Heroes. Art of fighting. Those guilty gears games I got into much later, they were really good. Mk 2d games I fux wit'. Fuxed widdem hard as a kid. The First 3.

But yeah, nothing ever did, will, or could fux wit' Street fighter and its offshoots.

Street fighter third strike is great too, and I can c it'd b Top knotch if u invested the thyme in mastering the gameplay. I'm not up on all the parying and shit. I was playing it briefly tonight, and I can't even crack anything better than a C rating with my old school tactics.

personal favorite was MKII. I used to have lines outside the arcade of people trying to beat my Baraka skills
    I never did get into any Street Fighters and have no clue why, except for maybe a really early one when I stomped cats out with Blanka
    no Tekken mention though? I played the hell outta those

Nah fuck a tekken, bro. I don't fux wit' the 3d shit at all. I'm a purist, lolz.

When I was a kid and mk2 came out I bought a magazine that had a poster with little pictures of all the special moves and/or fatalities n shit, and I used to have it on my bedroom wall for a while, lolz. Was a great game. My big gripe with mk is the block button thing. It's a prick when u're used to sf n snk games where you press back to block.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I played the Hell out of Darkstalkers III:Jedah's Damnation/Vampire Savior when that dropped. Primal Rage is another great game. The home console ports dropped twenty three years ago today. Eternal Champions:Challenge From The Dark Side on Sega c.d. and Weaponlord on Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo are excellent games for gore hounds such as myself. SOOOOOOOOO much bloodshed and dismemberment rampant throughout those games. Killer Instinct seems to have fallen by the wayside, but I still love those games.

My bro had eternal champions on his mega drive, n I know I loved it at the thyme, but I think I had a quick look at it on my modded Xbox n found it unplayable, lolz. Same with killer instinct. My other bro had it on his snes, n I fuxed widdit hard, but pretty sure I also found it unplayable when I tried it on my Xbox.

Street fighter, kof, n mortal Kombat stood the test of thyme for good reason. They were way ahead of most other 1v1 fighters back in the day. Tho snk had loads of great fighting games back then too, samurai showdown being the best of 'em imo.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yeah. SNK was the shit back then..