Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do all the Wu members hate Wu-Tang?

Default Why do all the Wu members hate Wu-Tang?

It kind of baffles me how ever since these guys were actually United and about repping the wu, in all the years since nobody has thought hey, I might actually do a Wu album, I think people would like that.

Isn't it simple shit? Get beats from 4th, tru masta and maths, get some Kung Fu samples and shit, and make a cohesive album with a consistent Wu sound. Just stick to the formula. Don't get fucking Dre or some cunt to do a few beats.

MK kinda did it with NSD, but from memory there were still a few beats from outside guys on there.

It's especially annoying with someone like deck. Like dude, u don't have any good albums. Just make a fucking Wu-Tang album. Y the fuck wouldn't u?

I understand cunts wanna try different things. Yeah ok, you've all done it now, and the results weren't great. Now stop trying to tell urself you're above the Wu Tang thing, and do a fucking good album.

Am I missing something? Like is there actually a good reason this doesn't happen?

Veteran Member

Samples clearance. As simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    Samples clearance. As simple as that.
    I don't think its that simple. You can make Wu beats without samples or make stuff that sounds like samples if you don't want to give up a fraction of your publishing. I think paying for samples is probably worth it in the long run.

I think most of Wu needs RZAs guidance to make great albums. Method Man has repeatedly said this. Most of these guys can't put together great albums without RZA. And even assuming RZA can still make beats and direct epic LPs like back then, he has no incentive to. Wu sued him too many times, its easier and more lucrative for him to pump out movies instead.

I agree with your general point though, actually making Wu solo LPs with Wu production and a ton of Clan features is historically the best creative, critical and successful model they have for making albums and its much easier than making a fully fledged clan LP. But they won't fucking do it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I don't think its that simple. You can make Wu beats without samples or make stuff that sounds like samples
    No. Listen to Chamber music, legendary weapons, the last ghost LPs and the saga continue and you’ll see my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    No. Listen to Chamber music, legendary weapons, the last ghost LPs and the saga continue and you’ll see my point.
    Those albums were definitely not aiming to recreate a sample based Wu-Tang sound though. They were trying to add new chambers. Saga Continues has a bunch of samples as well.

I can name a lot of producers that have made dope beats that had a sample sound without using samples. RZA and his cohorts could learn to do this too. But as I say I don't believe its the issue, most rap producers still clear their samples or sample obscure shit from Kazakhstan or wherever. I don't accept that everybody else manages to sample but its like kryptonite to Wu. The albums you mention were side projects not full Clan albums anyway.

Whether the sample thing is a big issue or not, I can guarantee that's not the reason y these guys r so reluctant to make Wu music. I've c no indication that any of them r actually interested in doing so.

And u don't even need rza. It doesn't have to b an epic album like Cuban linx or liquid swords. If u use the right beats it's not hard to put together something cohesive. I mean fuck, it's a lot easier than making an album with all these other cunts these guys go to for their nowhere near as good as Wu guy beats.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post

I think most of Wu needs RZAs guidance to make great albums. Method Man has repeatedly said this. Most of these guys can't put together great albums without RZA. And even assuming RZA can still make beats and direct epic LPs like back then, he has no incentive to.
    thank you!!
    its really this simple , i don’t know why it’s so hard for people to grasp this...

Veteran Member

RZA is done. They juste need beats. Dark grimey Sample based beats. That’s it.

Almost every tracks from the generals produced by bronze or cilvaringz are classic.

Lil story is the best track from deck since what ? Since the uncontrolled substance era or swordplay.

Street corner by masta killa is pure classic.

A day to god or the birth are the last true classic tracks from rza.

What about guerilla hood ? This track is fuckin flame.

I can listen to these tracks in 20 years because they are timeless.

Legendery weapons, chamber music, a better tomorrow were wack from day one. The saga continue was good but that’s it.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Chamber Music and Legendary Weapons are dope to me, especially Legendary Weapons. One of the few sequels that surpasses the original..

YA BIG DUMMY!!!

Well when you look up one day and see your fan base is now made up of hopeless Aussie fags and weirdos, you'd probably hate your group too.

Also most of them aren't too bright especially when it comes to creating an album or any music decisions and some seem to be self centered greedy fucks.

Just take a look at the fighting and whining that takes place over Wu group albums. Rae and Ghost sabotaged 8 diagrams and then Rae demanded some crazy pay scale for A Better Tomorrow. If they were smart they would realize that a group album is basically an infomercial for their solo careers. No matter how successful it is, with 9 dudes a group album isn't going to net them any money. But if you make an incredible group album where all your verses are crazy it make s people go "Oh shit he killed it, im gonna pick up his solo album, merchandise and go to concerts" which is where they will actually make money. But that would be using your brain.

LOL @ Rza is done.

Rza is NOT DONE.

RZA is experimenting

RZA is done when Rza says RZA is done.

yall got jokes man

Quote Originally Posted by cd View Post

Also most of them aren't too bright especially when it comes to creating an album or any music decisions and some seem to be self centered greedy fucks

Just take a look at the fighting and whining that takes place over Wu group albums. Rae and Ghost sabotaged 8 diagrams and then Rae demanded some crazy pay scale for A Better Tomorrow. If they were smart they would realize that a group album is basically an infomercial for their solo careers. No matter how successful it is, with 9 dudes a group album isn't going to net them any money. But if you make an incredible group album where all your verses are crazy it make s people go "Oh shit he killed it, im gonna pick up his solo album, merchandise and go to concerts" which is where they will actually make money. But that would be using your brain.

so much truth here
    so much

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

The biggest experts any Wu-related artist could get on making a dope album is the hardcore fans.. P Sunn for example did the knowledge on that one recently. They should know by now that they ain’t about to gain any bigger audience than who’s already been there from the early days. No matter what outside feature or producer they put on.. Well maybe household name underground cats, but no mainstream artist is gonna push their stardom any further IMO. And yeah RZA did fell off music wise
    Last edited by 3rdEyeVizion; 08-28-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    LOL @ Rza is done.

Rza is NOT DONE.

RZA is experimenting

RZA is done when Rza says RZA is done.

yall got jokes man

19 years of «*experimentation*» isn’t experiminting anymore.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Arent they 50?
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?