Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G.O.A.T. Action Movie(s)

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I prefer Predator 2 over the first. The city setting just gives it a moar grimey feel.

Also T2, Aliens, Robocop, Total Recall. Too many to mention rly.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    I prefer Predator 2 over the first. The city setting just gives it a moar grimey feel.

Also T2, Aliens, Robocop, Total Recall. Too many to mention rly.
    funny you say that because i always thought predators with adrian brody was one of the best in the franchise, even giving the original a run for its money

People generally dislike that one. I didn't mind it tho. Looking forward to watch the new movie.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    funny you say that because i always thought predators with adrian brody was one of the best in the franchise, even giving the original a run for its money
    Yeah I thought it was great and very underrated. I'd like to see a sequel to that one some day. There is one in comic book form I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    People generally dislike that one. I didn't mind it tho. Looking forward to watch the new movie.
    I'll probably check it but haven't heard enough good things to make me wanna catch it in the cinema. General consensus seems to be it's good but the final 30 is disappointing. It's a Shane Black flick tho so always worth checking for. Apparently Arnie turned down a cameo role in this.

Hell, I'm gonna throw Running Man's name in here also.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Peace CT

Yeah 80s and 90s had great action flicks. My cousins and I as kids constantly would watch Predator, Aliens, T2, Commando, Running Man, Robocop, etc. A slept on pick is Navy Seals. At least I think that was the name without looking it up. Peace

Lolz I think we all prefer 80's n 90's action movies cos that's what we grew up with, n action movies r basically for kids or very simple minded adult males. Not saying they can't b enjoyed by an intelligent adult tho.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Lolz I think we all prefer 80's n 90's action movies cos that's what we grew up with, n action movies r basically for kids or very simple minded adult males. Not saying they can't b enjoyed by an intelligent adult tho.
    Nice poast number. I disagree though. Also, you're a faggot.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    I'll probably check it but haven't heard enough good things to make me wanna catch it in the cinema. General consensus seems to be it's good but the final 30 is disappointing. It's a Shane Black flick tho so always worth checking for. Apparently Arnie turned down a cameo role in this.

Hell, I'm gonna throw Running Man's name in here also.
    Its a pretty chaotic movie. It felt more like an incredibly gory Marvel movie than a Predator movie. I like Shane Black's movies. He tries here but theres something fundamentally wrong with the flick. Theres some stupid plot points in the movie. It's nothing like the original, this is a straight up action flick. The best part of the movie is the team. They are good and they make the most of the screen time they get. If you liked Shane Black's previous movies and his writing, then you will like the comedy in this movie. But should a Predator movie be funny? Like I said it felt like a Marvel movie. Even the score, apart from the times they use the originals tracks the score sounds like some superhero movie shit.

Also the Predators are invincible. They just walk around wrecking shit. Kinda defeats the point. What made the original so good is that 'if it bleeds we can kill it'. The Predator itself was not invincible he never tried to take on the team all at once, that would be have been stupid for such a smart bad guy. If you make him a tank then he just becomes the Terminator instead. They try something new with the plot and dive into Predator lore and shit. When you do that you have to pay attention to detail and do it properly. It just doesn't work and gets ridiculous. I didn't expect much from this movie, I gave it a chance because I liked Shane Black's work. Since he was co-writer of the original I thought he would understand the movie better but no, it's not even a mindless action movie. It's a over the top Marvel movie which is average at best. The CGI of the steroid Predator is awful by the way. Some of the latest releases have terrible CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Nice poast number. I disagree though. Also, you're a faggot.
    That's not a very nice thing to say about another person, and I would appreciate it if u would apologise.

Bully.

lol i noticed that too, liking actions movies from 20-30 years ago, when much better shit has been out.. top kekz at corpers not growing up...

this is kinda like Noels rap thread.

I think it also has to do with those early action movies not being diluted with too much CGI. You will probably never see a small village literally get blown up and set ablaze in a newer movie like they did in Predator when they can just CGI it up. Even the best CGI is no match for the real thing.

Same reason I can't get into the newer Planet of the Apes movies with those fake ass monkeys. I'd rather watch the originals with people dressed up in shitty costumes.

oliva munn can't act

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    That's not a very nice thing to say about another person, and I would appreciate it if u would apologise.

Bully.
    I didn't mean to call you a faggot. I love you.

Faggot.

"I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Oh eye c now, u were using it as a term of endearment.

Shaolin Master

Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss song