Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about where hip hop has gone?

Default How do you feel about where hip hop has gone?

I've been all but completely detached from the hip hop world for a long thyme now. I'd say at least 10 years. But 2 things happened recently. One of them was seeing a picture of some poser fucking faggot called post malone on the news last night, and the other one was seeing a picture of some faggot little eminem clone who did a diss track about him (eminem) recently. Thankfully I've already forgotten his name.

When I see shit like that it makes me so glad I just have nothing to do with that scene anymore, and don't even know who these faggots are and will never have to hear them (tho admittedly I did listen to a little bit of the eminem diss). Even just those quick flashes of these faggots angers me briefly before I get on with life.

How do you feel about the hip hop scene in 2018?

And gotta say, white people rapping becoming normal is definitely not a good thing. Like I don't give a shit what a rapper's skin colour is if they're just a normal, respectable person, but most the white rappers I see are the most pathetic fucking poser, confused, fake faggots imaginable.

Post Malone has some cool songs. I like some of the recent trap records like Playboi Carti and so on.

Mainstream 'Hip Hop' is usually not Hip Hop though its Trap. I enjoyed Eminem going at the young generation, but he fails to realize that these guys don't aspire to be G Rap or Eminem or whoever. This generation grew up with the internet and to them the old school is Kanye West and Lil' B. As I say some of the new mumble rap/trap/r&b rap is dope to me but judging it against Wu-Tang or something is missing the point. Theres ton of new music genres that have sprung up since the internet took over, I think Trap Rap should be considered its own thing too.

Theres tons of white rappers at this point. Lord Jamar and Eminem are both out of the loop and don't really get whats going on in modern music. noel check out G-Eazy, I wonder what you'd make of him.

Lolz I thought I'd give g Eazy a chance for u, but I had to stop it as soon as I heard the vocal. I really had no choice. Just can't tolerate shit like that. For all I know the guy I heard wasn't even him, but it doesn't matter. I can't do that kind of music.

Also, trap music to me is probably the most God awful abomination in the history of music. I couldn't think of a more offensive and unlistenable Style of music.

Veteran Member

2017 and 2018 have been the best years for hip-hop in a LONG time. I cannot complain as a fan....but there is definitely trash out there. That's nothing new

As always, the state of hip-hop is perfectly fine and great, but people on the periphery will always have issues with it no matter their era. 'Rap is crap' was at its peak in the 90s. I feel that once that crowd didn't have a genre to use as a gimmick they are roamed into Hip Hop with their divisiveness and strong desire to label any minute sound difference between two songs a 'genre'. I actually want to do a 'where were you in 1998' because it's only the former Marylin Manson niggas that are now MF Doom niggas that are always both dissatisfied with hip hop and proudly unaware of what's going on in it and who's who.

But yeah it's in a great place. A lot of options, a lot of styles, a lot of accessibility. People are still battling and trying to craft good albums. Post Malone is an industry plant and is best equated to yet another attempt to make hip hop 'white'. So considering him an issue is like considering Marky Mark before him an issue. Or Vanilla Ice. Or the most successful industry plant, Eminem, though he was actually deserving and talented.

As an outsider, I see threads in here and am very rarely familiar with anybody you guys talk about, and I feel like so often when I open a thread about some story with some guy I don't know making News in the hip hop World, or even dying or whatever, they so often end up being some fucking ridiculous joke of a (usually) white person with some fucking horrible emo look like stupid hair, or face tattoos and piercings everywhere and makeup and whatever the fuck.

Like that's how I c mainstream hip hop now, cos that's just what I c in here. Maybe it's just coincidence and I keep on opening threads about such faggots by chance. I dunno. But as an outsider who catches odd glimpses here and there, that's what I mostly c, and I couldn't b gladder that I'm totally ignorant to who these people r n don't have to despair over their unbearable and extreme level of faggotry.

It's not about 'yeah there's still loads of great hip hop coming out'. There always will b, no matter how hard u've gotta dig for it.

I'm talking about hip hop as a whole. It's overall image and place in modern culture and society.

I just did a Google image search on post Malone cos I forgot what he looks like, n right now I either wanna die or go and live in a cave 😖.

nada ignorante

Hip-Hop has been living with one limb for years now. Practically dead.
    N.I.

I wanted a G-Eazy critique. I genuinely can't figure out why hes so popular. Hes not terrible, but just unremarkable in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    As an outsider, I see threads in here and am very rarely familiar with anybody you guys talk about, and I feel like so often when I open a thread about some story with some guy I don't know making News in the hip hop World, or even dying or whatever, they so often end up being some fucking ridiculous joke of a (usually) white person with some fucking horrible emo look like stupid hair, or face tattoos and piercings everywhere and makeup and whatever the fuck.

Like that's how I c mainstream hip hop now, cos that's just what I c in here. Maybe it's just coincidence and I keep on opening threads about such faggots by chance. I dunno. But as an outsider who catches odd glimpses here and there, that's what I mostly c, and I couldn't b gladder that I'm totally ignorant to who these people r n don't have to despair over their unbearable and extreme level of faggotry.

It's not about 'yeah there's still loads of great hip hop coming out'. There always will b, no matter how hard u've gotta dig for it.

I'm talking about hip hop as a whole. It's overall image and place in modern culture and society.
    Look at the top ten streaming tracks from week to week. Its invariably 10 rap songs. Rap is pop now, its the biggest force in popular culture.

The internet changed everything, like TSA said theres so much choice. Theres so much weird music to explore now. I think Rap is going to stay mainstream, but its going to change form a lot and have next to nothing to do with Hip Hop. I think its already completely different musically and vocally. I guess its semantics if it is or isn't Hip Hop, its just different. Rap music now doesn't care about the principles of Hip Hop 30 years ago, so it is what it is.

Hiphop is great,! rap sucks

some amazing tracks for you Brother....

( my cars HD is full of Zion I/Eligh,Ra the Rugged man and some uk m.c's Lowkey,Akala, Logic, amy True.)

Zion I -Featuring Eligh, One Be Lo, Illuminati Congo, DJ Remedy

my top 20 albums are full of those ^^ artists. eligh/zion i/Lowkey every album of theirs is better than any wu album ive heard.

positive conscious lyrics.

i did write a huge post going into detail but it went ;/

a few more i can see Noel surfing to this..

'be like water'

to me this is pure hiphop.. (the reason i fell in love with wu originally)

classic joint by Logic.

the next few are from my fave album off all time. GrandTapestry

A live Grandtapestry concert

Eligh is my favorite rapper of all time... so diverse, classic album every year for the last 8 albums. cant wait for the zion i eligh grouch album! (theres numerous zion i and grouch albums., numerous grouch and eligh albums.. i swear these dudes have got a bigger discog than the whole of the wu, least 10 solo albums each then countless collective efforts)

^^ dope shit.

and cos of them.. i actually like a trakc that bigs up america kek.. the beat and the lyrics are fucking fire

Eligh destroys it as usual (2nd verse)
    Last edited by soul controller; 09-13-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Peace CT

When I first saw a picture of Post Malone I knew I wouldn’t like him. And the little bit I heard from him is terrible. That’s where missing the 90s comes into play cuz he wouldn’t make the cut. But like a few said there’s been a few solid releases over last few years so I can’t complain. As far as the white rappers now a days, I think we are at the peak. Fan of the Apathy, Slaine, etc guys. Apathy is vastly underrated. Peace

faggots in girl pants mumbling about dudes sucking their dick, no wonder tsa and sha dynasty love it