Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Scorsese/Joaquin Phoenix joker movie (teaser)

{>____<}

^Good. They're (people who've seen the film) are stating this is a must see.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

It won a prestigious European film prize (for what it's worth), the Leono d'Oro of the Venice film festival (the Golden Lion). it's more of a festival for art house movies, so it's surprising - and telling - that 'Joker' won this year

gonna go see it with a buddy at the end of the month

A lot of the reviews are saying this is a pretentious rip off of King Of Comedy, one of my favorite films. They got DeNiro to basically play the Jerry Lewis character. I notice that Scorsese isn't involved anymore either.

Does Robert deniro have some form of dementia? He seems legit crazy right now.

It definitely pays homage to some older De Niro movies.
    I actually didn't like De Niro's character too much. He didn't look convincing and he was only there to make a point.

Joaquin is a phenomenal Joker though. On par with Heath Ledger. Absolute nut case.

Hopefully they leave this movie alone now and keep it a standalone origin story. Nothing can be done to add to this story.

its an elseworlds story so its definitely a standalone flick

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Most people say it is a chronicle of a man slowly descending into insanity. I think that sounds good on a psychological level. Some people are complaining that there is not enough action, but they heard it was a comic book movie and probably expected miles long, high speed vehicle chases and the final battle to be an engagement of super weapons. This is a deeply cerebral movie, so those people definitely went into it with the wrong mentality. I will check for it in the coming weeks.

They expected marvel antics. Nah this ain’t marvel, this is DC , a well rounded company when it comes to the psyche and intensity of its characters . This is more art house, just how i love em

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yeah, D.C. is slowly but surely stepping up their live action game. Their goofy, dorky perception is starting to evolve into more serious, well thought out material.

Peace CT

Saw it last night. Flawless. Very dark. Go see it. Peace

good movie

Banned

It’s a very good movie, basically a loose remake of King of Comedy.

It kind of subtlety trolls comic book movies. I guess it depends how you interpret it.

It’s not really a comic book movie, it just uses a few themes.

Definitely an homage to autere directors.

I actually think it would have been great if DeNiros character was just reprised as Rupert Pupkin, but it was too obvious.

Thing is, most of the people that will go see this based on it being a Joker movie have no idea who Rupert Pupkin is and have probably never seen King of Comedy.

Critics have written their smug and pretentious articles. One NY Times progressive even went so far as to claim it was about “whitness” or something lol.

But cinema is about the individual viewer and in my opinion it was a good movie. Phoenix player a great part.

{>____<}

Good film. I enjoyed it very much.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

disturbing movie, and I mean that in a good way. excellent acting by Phoenix. a very 'physical' performance on his part

Dooch's review is spot on