Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muggs X Roc Marciano - Shit I'm On

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    i found the whole muggs x roc album online yesterday, unfortunately i only liked about three tracks on it. Muggs went pretty far left on the remaining beats. Dolph Lundgren, E Train, and Shit I'm On are all ridiculous though, I'll have those on repeat for weeks
    I read that Roc hand picked the beats used for this project.

And I agree. As fucked up as it sounds, it's the beats that put me off this album. Roc just don't mix with them right, he sounds dull and monotone through out lots of chaotic noise. fuck knows why he picked those beats. I know there is some serious shit in Muggs vault lol

Was just listening to this again n enjoying it, n then some straight faggotry I totally missed first thyme round came on. That caught a lick atrocity. It fucken shits me that I pick out a modern rapper to sort of follow cos I dig what he's doing, n then he feels the need to do homosexual garbage like caught a lick and wormhole. Let alone Muggs getting in on it too.

It doesn't fucking achieve anything. Two dudes who can keep producing high level straight hip hop, and yet they feel the need to imitate worthless faggots who have been doing everything they can to ruin the whole genre for the last decade or so.

Yeah I get kinda worked up over this shit. U can c y I stopped following hip hop so many years ago. There's nothing 'progressive' about imitating worthless faggots who make an utterly disgraceful Brand of hip hop.

Fucken disappointing.

Also throwing garbage like that on a 35 minute album makes it look like they were just doing whatever they could to gather enough material for an album.

I am all for short albums. Believe me. Couldn't be happier when I check out some new n c it's only 35-40 min. But if u're gonna keep it short there r absolutely no excuses for having any weak tracks on ur shit.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Shit I’m On = The only track I’m feeling on this album.. The beats are mad boring. Muggs is fucking overrated.

Peace CT

I like it. It’s what u expect from these 2. Not the best of Muggs vs albums but still very good. Beats r a mix of the soulful beats he gave Raekwon on Soul Assassins album and the army marching style he used on Planet Asia album. N yes Roc can be monotone but that’s who he is and u gotta expect that. I always put him in the Guru and Evidence category as far as that but all 3 still dope. Peace

Peace CT

And calling Muggs overrated is borderline absurd. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    I like it. It’s what u expect from these 2. Not the best of Muggs vs albums but still very good. Beats r a mix of the soulful beats he gave Raekwon on Soul Assassins album and the army marching style he used on Planet Asia album. N yes Roc can be monotone but that’s who he is and u gotta expect that. I always put him in the Guru and Evidence category as far as that but all 3 still dope. Peace
    Agreed. Gave this a couple spins at the gym today and it gets better every time.

And I'm usually into more uptempo rap.

Veteran Member

Listened today and it's dope. A little different hearing Muggs do some minimalist type beats like Roc usually flows over. But overall I like it. The hype for me was a bit greater than how I feel about this, though.

Veteran Member

Upon first few listens it's cool. I was expecting better but like the first Rosebudd's Revenge album this may grow on me. Caught A Lick didn't need to be on this though.

Caught A Lick has a sick beat but yeah it sounds too much like a Future track.

Week in Album has deffo grown on me. Think my expectations were so high because of the combination it was impossible to live up to. just got to let that shit burn. It ain't no aoty but it is a good release.

Veteran Member

^ Agreed. I think the combo of Muggs and Roc got our hopes sky high. I think for me I was expecting something more like Gems From The Equinox in terms of production which was more hard hitting whereas this is on the mellow side but still grimey. Roc does his thing on the mic, can't fault him here.

Kaos - 8/10
    BADH - 9.5/10
    RR2 - 9/10
    RR - 8.5/10
    Marci Beaucoup - 7.5 to 8/10
    Reloaded - 9.75/10
    Marcberg - 9/10

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    ^ Agreed. I think the combo of Muggs and Roc got our hopes sky high. I think for me I was expecting something more like Gems From The Equinox in terms of production which was more hard hitting whereas this is on the mellow side but still grimey. Roc does his thing on the mic, can't fault him here.

Kaos - 8/10
    BADH - 9.5/10
    RR2 - 9/10
    RR - 8.5/10
    Marci Beaucoup - 7.5 to 8/10
    Reloaded - 9.75/10
    Marcberg - 9/10
    Yeah album was kind of boring, Not really a fan of muggs myself but I do like the First soul Assassins, Muggs vs gza and Mugga vs Planet Asia.
    I would rank his albums

1. Reloaded
    2. Marcberg
    3. Behold A Dark Horse
    4. Rosebudd's Revenge
    5. Rosebudd's Revenge 2
    6. KAOS
    7. Marci Beaucoup
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.