once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Hulu announces 10 episode scripted Wu-Tang origin series [spoilers]

was Raekwon and Ghostface really throwing shots at each other like it shows in these episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    was Raekwon and Ghostface really throwing shots at each other like it shows in these episodes?
    Prolly not exactly as shown in series but @ around 12.00 of the 1st Wu movie doc Divine speaks on people "...busting caps on eachother..."

PEACE

so, the series tell not a very real story...

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    so, the series tell not a very real story...
    They’re not going to give 100% accurate accounts of EVERYTHING. Also, Rae and Ghost did used to bust guns at each other. They downplay it now of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    They¬’re not going to give 100% accurate accounts of EVERYTHING. Also, Rae and Ghost did used to bust guns at each other. They downplay it now of course.

Damn from being throwing bullets at each other to became like best friends is a long distance!

I'm very late to the party on this... finally got around to starting the series a couple of days ago, I'm up to ep.6. Shit is good so far, there's a few really good actors, but a few things really throwing me off too!

The dude playing Divine is the standout for me... this guy could actually be Divine! Looks and sounds exactly like Divine!

I've seen a few people mention Power being like Stringer Bell, but I hadn't noticed that so far.

The main things that are putting me off are the guy playing RZA... how did they cast this guy? I look and act more like RZA than this fvckin dude!! Really off putting that they so poorly cast the main character!

Dave East is throwing me off too... mainly cos he looks like he's 10 years older than all the other members.

I am enjoying it, and from the posts in this thread the show is going to get better from ep.6 onwards. I'll hopefully get a few more episodes watched today.

Peace!

The Dennis/Ghost character is what bothered me the most.

^^He hasn't bothered me too much so far... I've got 3 episodes left to watch.

RZA has just dropped Ohh We Love You Rakeem, so I'm assuming they head to Ohio next when that fails? Or do they skip over the Ohio shit?

The guy that plays RZA is bugging me the most, I can't even imagine him as RZA at all, and it throws the whole thing off for me. Dave East bugs me too, but at least he has a passing resemblance to Meth so it kinda works. The dude that plays Rae is probably my favourite. When him and Meth were spitting the verses from Meth Vs. Chef it was dope.

Peace!

Is this show as good as The Get Down?