Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang: An American Saga Thread

Off course this is a fictionalized version of what really happened and i guess im good with that, but other inaccuracies really fuck with me while watching.
    Shit like them wearing mid 90s fashion (pelle pelle, kani, etc etc) in all the scenes that must still be the late 80s. There is a big difference in form & fashion between those era's and it just seems weird that the characters sport gear from 98 in 88.
    Or RZA discovering/dissing mathematics and the 5 percenters in the park when GZA and Divine and a whole bunch of other cats already got their godbody names and they are obviously way past discovery phase

has this been given the go ahead for several seasons or are people just speculating if it lasts that long?

PRODIGAL SUN

Love this shit man. I saw someone online say this show had heart and thats exactly it. So far weve seen the family lives of ghost, rza, meth and rae. Wu tang always had more “heart” than other artists imo as their music sounded deeper/more emotional, so i enjoy the slow storytellin here.

I also like that they are showing them struggling versus the traditional rap tale of “i was always the man”. In a way it shows them failing over and over. That will make the come up oh so sweet if we get season 2.

Andre is Melquan? Meth at showcases in 91 fucking it up?

I hope this continues and tells the rest of the story. I want atleast everything until wu tang forever. I wanna see how this shit played out. The attention to detail so far is ridiculous from the old verses from the demotapes (meths verse on get down for my crown) to raekwons spider chain.

One thing tho. I notice odb had a diff style in all appearAnces pre wu tang. Gza and rza have spoken that he used to be more low key intelligent type guy. Seems in the show he was always odb that we know. Just wish we could see more of dirtys development which we havent gotten at all here.

I mean i fuck with divine but id rather see odb grow than focus so much on vines struggle even tho he is wutang too. I consider him a true member; i understand the shurri/ghost shit and ohio move (ONLY if it pays off on what weve heard .. complete with ghost/rza shootings), but idk divines shit is stringing along mad slow.

btw. Here is monica lynch talking about early rza and his demo when he sigjed with tommy boy shown in past episode.

https://ambrosiaforheads.com/2016/10...rza-gza-audio/
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 10-03-2019 at 05:24 AM.

This episode is fire. I like that they expanded on Meth's story. I was worried for a min. Hopefully we'll see more DIRT, Great show

Default Eps 7 (tbd)

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    This episode is fire. I like that they expanded on Meth's story. I was worried for a min. Hopefully we'll see more DIRT, Great show
    CO SIGN!

Previously rated 6 as the zenith but now its 7... Hope it continues to get better each eps, the mark of a great series!
    SUUUUUUUUUper cool to discover the sample behind "Oh We Love You Rakeem".

Is it next Wu Wed yet lol

PEACE

I gotta catch up with the last few eps. I read the latest episode is getting into the making of 'Ooh We Love You Rakeem' haha.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

I think the Dirty story is going to be told less due to the possibility of a Dirty bio pic that's been in the talks. So they would keep his storyline for that seperately. Same goes for U-God who probably wants to keep that possibility open with his book as source material.

Banned

Does Rza always fuck with his pants on or is that fictional?

Today's episode started slow then got good towards the end. LOL at the original Ooh I love you Rakim video.
    Rza actually looked pissed

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I think the Dirty story is going to be told less due to the possibility of a Dirty bio pic that's been in the talks. So they would keep his storyline for that seperately. Same goes for U-God who probably wants to keep that possibility open with his book as source material.
    makes sense, and hope so. I don't think this show depicts dirty accurately. Or at least the way I see him. In this show he's kind of an offbeat goofy kid, but every clip i've seen has just been a dude that's so brutally honest and in his own zone that it accidentally ends up being funny.

Would have been nice to have U-god in the series but its good enough w/o so no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    Does Rza always fuck with his pants on or is that fictional?
    only one man can answer this question

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Today's episode started slow then got good towards the end
    holy shit, the beginning was slow as fuck. this director was more worried about his steadicam-Birdman type style that they didn't give a fuck about the story.

Banned

damn, i'm sexist as fuck. Tara Nicole Weyr is the director... not a guy

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    holy shit, the beginning was slow as fuck. this director was more worried about his steadicam-Birdman type style that they didn't give a fuck about the story.
    man lol. I literally said 'where the fuck is this going?'.

Also, I actually laughed out at the aggressive 5% dude. Shit made no sense. I said earlier on here that they should have started the story with Gza Dirty and Rza. That's 100% where the story is at. Because they started with Rza Ghost and Rae (and Divine) they're going to run into a lot of awkward shit and that's the first of them. They're trying to squeeze in the groups ideological framework like it was some passing convo between Gza and Rza. Then we're (if the show lasts) going to be expected to feel something when dirty spirals out of control or dies but they haven't really given us a reason to believe he has a point other then just floating around making random comments and being obnoxious (in a dumb way).

Rza was going out of his way in the beginning to keep Dirty in school and keep dirty on a good path. He's the only one from a 2 parent home and has a really close relationship with his mother. If they don't establish these things they're going to have one of those BET movie deaths where it's like 'ok nigga' lol.

Even Rza liking hip hop carries 0 narrative weight if you don't show Gza introducing him to it as an escape from the bullshit reality he was in. Then that idea growing into an aspiration to do hip hop, then him spreading it to other people in the same situation.

and what's with dude playing ghost literally never seeing or hearing ghostface in his life? He's literally playing 'generic 2004 Smack DVD battle rap thug' lol.

And I get them wanting to have more women and a romantic story and the one they have is really good (right now) but it's just going to make Ghost look like an irredeemable skunt in the end because he still hasn't matured relationship-wise.

Since they're having a hard time giving Method Man screen time (which is weird), his relationship with his wife and the GRAMMY-AWARD-WINNING-SONG inspired by it is the actual love story if you needed one. He's private about it so maybe that's why it's not there, idk, but the payoff in the end isn't going to work w/ ghost because he literally has about as many seeds as ODB and was recently on a reality show dogging some hood booger the fuck out lol

Banned

Chronologically, they’ve skipped past Rza’s attempted murder trial in Steubenville. Not to say they couldn’t go back and hit it with a flashback, but maybe they’re purposely putting it off until after the Oooh I Love You Rakeem fisasco as part of artistic expression to make the story better.

also, what’s this bullshit about rza wanting his soundcheck to be perfect. This mother fucker hasn’t showed up on time toa concert ever, let alone made it for a soundcheck.