Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang: An American Saga Thread

courage under fire War and Peace's Avatar
    walking through the valley of the shadow of death

what's that beat they keep rhyming overr in ep. 10? I know it, but can't find it. I'm getting old!

GOLDEN ARMS REDEMPTION

'Forked tongue make painful kisses...........and fam, when you talk, then the angels listen.'

7th chamber?

Eastern village

I would give the series 7/10. Was good even though a bit confusing in the time jumps.

Hope its going to be picked up for a second season though. Decent acting good script and a real story. And huge amount of fans. Hope they wont cancel it.

If i didn't know anything about wutang I would give it an 8/10, but it's a looser interpretation that I would have liked so I agree with 7/10. The series has heart which makes up for the acting lapses with ghost's character and dave east.

the fool that plays divine is on another level. really good actor.

Banned

Lord Jamar talks about the Wu-Tang Hulu series

2:09:56

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Season 2 just got greenlit.
    https://deadline.com/2020/01/dollfac...lu-1202833595/

Eastern village

Default Hulu announces second season of wu tang series..

Any chance for season 1 on Blu-Ray/DVD?

Eastern village

I am no insider. But my guess is theyll relrase it on blue ray and dvd late this year or the year after. Most streaming services do keep series exclusive to their service to generate customers for a period of time. Around 1 or two years.

Banned

EXCLUSIVE: RZA Invites Wu Brothers To Work On Season 2 Of "Wu-Tang" Hulu Series

RZA is very thankful "Wu-Tang: An American Saga" has been greenlighted for season 2.
    (AllHipHop News) So many have tried to put Wu-Tang founder The RZA into one shallow little box and he has repeatedly exceeded any limitations that might have been placed on him.

So while we know he is one of the best music producers that the culture has offered to the world, there is so much more… and believe it or not, TV, streaming, and film are just the tip of the iceberg for this icon.

RZA has been making his splash in Hollywood for years.

As a writer, a producer, and director, his vision has crafted music videos, TV shows, movies and yes now his hit streaming TV series, "Wu-Tang: An American Saga."

The series gives a partially biographical, partially fictitious snapshot of how the group came together.

The music takes a back seat, as members of Wu-Tang clan are humanized by actors Ashton Sanders (RZA), Dave East (Method Man), Johnell Young (GZA), T.J. Atoms (ODB), Shameik Moore (Raekwon), Siddiq Saunderson (Ghostface), Joey Bada$$ (Inspectah Deck) and Caleb Castille (Cappadonna).

AllHipHop linked up with RZA to talk about the success of "Wu-Tang: An American Saga" and how it felt to work with his Wu-brothers to tell their story.

“I think it's a… First of all, I'm definitely honored and feel blessed that the show was received well by the viewing public. [Because it had] enough traction on it that, we got a green light for a second season.” RZA told AllHipHop's Chuck "Jigsaw" Creekmur in an exclusive interview. “I remember sitting there with a few other peers that was trying to get their second season and a couple of my friends didn't get their second season on their show, and we did.”

"Wu-Tang: An American Saga" did exceptionally well and was one of the Top 10 most-watched shows when the series debuted on Hulu in September of 2019.

That’s pretty phenomenal for some guys from Staten Island.

That’s why "Wu-Tang: An American Saga" has been renewed. The series actually features compelling stories.

"It's a blessing in that the Saga continues," RZA told AllHipHop. "It's like a great joy, and I think it also very inspirational to the rest of the team. Because I'm the one out here in Hollywood, and a lot of the team is not in Hollywood.”

Several members of Wu-Tang were involved in the making of season 1, including Method Man, Ghostface Inspectah Deck, Masta Killa GZA and ODB's estate, as consulting producers for the series.

And RZA asked his Wu brothers to join him in Hollywood for season 2, to add more layers to the stories.

“I think [the show's success] it shows them that their talent and ideas can find a place out here. I hope a few of my Wu brothers come out, and come sit in the writer's room, and come be a part, a bigger part for season two, it could make it that much better," RZA told AllHipHop.

https://allhiphop.com/news/exclusive...fka2XXR1MTOEhw

was Raekwon and Ghostface really throwing shots at each other like it shows in these episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    was Raekwon and Ghostface really throwing shots at each other like it shows in these episodes?
    Prolly not exactly as shown in series but @ around 12.00 of the 1st Wu movie doc Divine speaks on people "...busting caps on eachother..."

PEACE

so, the series tell not a very real story...