Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang: An American Saga Thread

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDARYSTATUS33 View Post
    I really don't get what people want or expect. The budget is pretty high for this show. There is a ton of creativity and the pacing is fantastic. They are not trying to rush through the story, but they are spending 126 seasons with every tiny detail. The actors are way off for the most part, but we all followed these guys for 25 years now very closely. The fans are going to notice every tiny inconsistency. I let it go a while ago that these cast really won't resemble the clan very much. The ones who I feel are pretty close are def Raekwon, ODB, Divine, Power, and U-God. In fact so far I think U-God is the closest. He's got that I'm down, but I got myself to worry about attitude. He's got his Napoleon complex down. The one's who are WAY off are Deck, I don't feel Deck acted like this in real life whatsoever. And I hate GZA's portrayal the most, so goofy...it's awful. Ghost is hit or miss, he's got that stubborn behavior down, but his body language is way off. But for all the things I don't like, I'm just happy I live in the present day where Ican see my favorite artists of all time get shine in the media like this well into their fifties.
    Is this 33 the great aka status 33 from wutangworld? I bought swordsports from you on wutangworld back in the day. Was good friends with yankee grammar but lost contact with him

I think the show not being discussed much on here has more to do with these reasons :

*fewer members posting in WuChamber than say 5 to 7 years ago (people who didn't return after the 2 most recent crashes)

*some members who do still post not having (immediate) access to the show because they don't live in the US

People complaining is of course something different, everybody's gonna have their opinion. I'm not touching on that in this post.
    Retired.

I think some people are expecting dead on impersonations of the real people, which rarely happens in biopics, and mostly is not worth doing over capturing the characters emotionally.

Some of the actors are very good in this, and then some of them are soap opera level. It could have been better, but its a solid watch so far. S3 should be interesting.

Nobody should be complaining about this show. The goal is to get the younger generation into their music, and that's that. This isn't Scorsese quality filmmaking. Keeping the Wu Tang relevant is the important thing here

Yall hatin on the show but in fact it's really cool. It's creative, the acting is not top notch but the characters have grown on me maybe except RZA who is not bad but not good either. ODB, Rae, U-God, Meth, Inspectah are depicted really cool. The actor who plays Ghost also has his moments. Yall really stop hating on everything Wu-related. I wasn't a big fan at the beginning but the show is truly banging

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Veteran Member

I'll get around to watching the show eventually...my issue right now is time

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    I'll get around to watching the show eventually...my issue right now is time
    I agree……. I wish they made a Wu tang movie or a mini series. I don’t have time to watch seasons about Wu tang.

havent seen season 2, but season 1 was pretty bad imo, the actors do not act, talk and dress like the real Wu-Generals, worst of them is Ghostface Killah, GFK is a super fly dude, the actor interpreting him isnt fly at all, or at least isnt fly in the way GFK is.

I also dont really like that dude Dave East as an actor and also as a rapper, his whole attitude and voice is annoying as fuck.

dont know how RZA is directing the whole thing and didnt made things right, oh I get it know, RZA was a fly ass dude in the 90´s, now he dresses like a motobiker.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 10-08-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    dont know how RZA is directing the whole thing and didnt made things right, oh I get it know, RZA was a fly ass dude in the 90´s, now he dresses like a motobiker.

If you watch the recent Rza interview that’s posted in Wu chamber, I think he says something like “I traded my guns in for guitars” hahahahaha I think that’s all people need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    If you watch the recent Rza interview that’s posted in Wu chamber, I think he says something like “I traded my guns in for guitars” hahahahaha I think that’s all people need to know?

I still regard RZA as a really intelligent, interesting and spiritually elevated individual tho.

Shaolin Master

The show is peace & SSN 2 is better than 1.

Things like the visualizations of the making of the beat & verses for Protect Ya Neck are dope or Rae & Ghost bonding over the Killer culminating in an action scene are just great fun and inventive TV.

Also newest ep even had a character based on Corp contributor G the Promoter popping up.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I have always wondered since Rza is much more spiritually in tune these days, does he regret having never reached out to Too Poetic? I know Too Poetic's publicist has said that he felt betrayed and hurt that Rza never attempted to contact him after his terminal diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    The show is peace & SSN 2 is better than 1.

Things like the visualizations of the making of the beat & verses for Protect Ya Neck are dope or Rae & Ghost bonding over the Killer culminating in an action scene are just great fun and inventive TV.

Also newest ep even had a character based on Corp contributor G the Promoter popping up.

Yes, I assumed that was somebody who was supposed to be G the Promoter. Animated parts of the show made me regret this was not a cartoon. Now that would be something special.

PRODIGAL SUN

this was art bruh plain and simple,we're all going to have different interpretations

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Holocaust View Post
    this was art bruh plain and simple,we're all going to have different interpretations

The show is terrible LOL. Wu-tang fans deserved more than this awful show...
    N.I.