Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang: An American Saga Thread

The show is great. Can't wait to peep season 2.

Veteran Member

It's interesting seeing how some people love it and some people hate it here lol

Default Haters be hatin...

Love the show. My gf loves the show. My ex loves the show. And they ain't even into Wu-Tang.

Some people just love to hate, especially on here.
    Beats me why they come here every day, but hey, it's been going on for decades, going back to the DSC, Kenny RZA page and all that, so not surprised.

Peace.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    It's interesting seeing how some people love it and some people hate it here lol
    Most people do love it. In real life i got multiple friends who never even listened to wutang like that saying how good it is. One watches it on discord with a huge group of people every week like its a party. Yet WE dont even have a OFFICIAL THREAD! the same people conplaining a show is too long (like in here, movie>series??!???) are the same ones who woulda said a movie isnt long enough to tell the story. Every real wu fan loves this show because the chances of it happening were slim to none. Only nwa, eminem and 50 got this treatment. Wus story is PERFECT for tv today; and the lil moments are great for the true fans who know the story.

people on here hating it is wucorp 101. Like i said wucorp hating on everything wutang is well known on other forums. I brought up to my boy who used to post here with me and the first thing he said was “what wucorp still hating lmao”. He hasntnposted here in 15 years and even he knows the deal. Cant please these dudes with anything that isnt PERFECT. In wu corp world, 5 mics = great, 4.5 = good , 4 mics = passable. Anything below that is trash. They cant get over the 5 classic albums. If its below that quality they wont even check it.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 10-13-2021 at 05:34 PM.

I can see someone who's literally never heard of wutang or whatever your saying liking this show lol. The issue is if you've ever heard Rza's name, you'll at least know the kid playing him is a joke. Minimum. Yet to see wucorp complain about something that wasn't complaint worthy. Between 7 year album delays, and casting a person that literally can't act to play your frontline group member, I think wutang fans are pretty patient.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    I honestly don't 'hate' it, it just think the actors suck. It's crazy that in a wutang show the weakest part of the show are the wutang clan members. And among the wutang clan members Rza, Method Man, Gza and Ghostface can barely hold their depiction of the character together. That's completely ridiculous lol. The guy that plays ghost is playing a generic 2008 thug, which is insane because ghost's personality is more than a big part of the picture. The kid playing Rza should offed in a plot twist s3. That kid is very lame. I don't even blame dave east, I blame the person who thought cast a guy that has never acted before and isn't a good actor should depict what is without question the #1 draw character for the show, especially among casuals.

Plot wise it's not that bad. The writing is ok. And the nostalgia factor is enough to carry it into watchability.
    Last edited by TSA; 10-13-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Anybody know how the generals themselves have responded to their portrayals on the show so far?
    Retired.

nada ignorante

The writing isn´t so bad I guess. But the acting is horrific third grade school level shit. I used to watch OZ on HBO and The Sopranos those were actually great shows. So now anyone that complains about the show´s low budget acting is hating FOH...
    Last edited by hotnikks; 10-14-2021 at 07:06 AM.
    N.I.

nada ignorante

too corny:

N.I.

I just want to know why the the actors don't dress like the characters they are representing, Ghostface or Raekwon would never use the jeans the same way the actors representing them use them

Dressing and style is also something really important in the Wu-Tang Clan Imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    too corny:

That was ok IMO. You need to understand that Wu ain't the same no more and these kids are from a different generation, you can see that the song and style seem almost foreign to them but they did ok IMO.

Prospect

I could see the appeal for the casual fan or someone just getting into the w. If you grew up in this time frame and lived it I donÂ’t think there is much entertainment value.

I have my own memories of that time and donÂ’t really care to replace them with a Hollywood version that makes for good television. Not to mention Wu was unique at the time and a bunch of actors trying to recapture that almost 30 years later ainÂ’t happening. The trailer and about 20 minutes into the first episode was enough for me.

Nothing wrong with people liking it. However, I found it extremely corny, unauthentic, and poorly casted. Not for me

I think its fun to just enjoy it for what it is. Its not 'Atlanta' level writing or acting but it has a few strong actors and the stories are always interesting.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    too corny:

They are acting way too sober for being Wu during that era.

I'm so in for S3 which surely would be all the drugs and conflict of Forever.

Eastern village

https://youtu.be/556kZRMask8

Protect your neck with the odb intro from their first show?