Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RZA & Ghost Team Up To Create Horror Movie

Default RZA & Ghost Team Up To Create Horror Movie

EXCLUSIVE: The Wu-Tang Clan’s Ghostface Killah and RZA and Shaun Redick of Impossible Dream Entertainment will produce Angel of Dust, a suspense horror thriller that Wu-Tang leader RZA will direct. Pic is inspired by true stories that happened around the hood to members of the global iconic rap group when they were growing up in and around the Staten Island Projects. A series of bizarre and horrifying events shaped their mind-sets to launched the Wu-Tang Clan to become a worldwide music powerhouse. The story was created by Wu-Tang member Ghostface Killah (aka Dennis Coles) and longtime manager Caruso. Script is by Matt Leslie and Stephen J. Smith (The Harrowing, Summer of ’84).

The Wu-Tang Clan will provide an epic new soundtrack produced by Ghostface Killah and Caruso for Angel of Dust, and RZA will also score the movie. All this happens as the group assembles today for the Sundance Film Festival premiere of the Showtime documentary series Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men.

Angel of Dust will be produced by Redick (BlacKkKlansman, Get Out) and Yvette Yates of Impossible Dream along with Wu-Tang’s Ghostface Killah & RZA, Gary Ousdahl of Foundation, and Caruso.
    iWood Studios, which co-financed David Ayer’s new action thriller The Tax Collector, is headed by producer-financier Matt Antoun and will finance Angel of Dust. Pic is exec produced by Mark Strome, Mickey Gooch Sr, Jamie Adler and Jonnie Forster of Foundation.

The logline: Casey is a normal yet exceptionally smart teenager and talented rapper but after the mysterious death of his parents he’s been forced to grow up in NY’s roughest inner-city streets (known as Shaolin in Wu-Tang folklore), basically on his own. As life in the hood around him gets tragically worse he must put his skills to the test to survive not only the gangs, corrupt cops, junkies and bullies, but a serial killer with seemingly supernatural powers dubbed Angel of Dust by the media.
    Said RZA: “The creative collaboration of RZA and Ghostface has stood the test of time through our music. Now the opportunity to put our creative energies together onto the silver screen has arisen and I’m turbo charged. Bong Bong!”
    Said Ghostface, “It’s a blessing to partner with Oscar nominated producer Shaun Redick and Impossible Dream Entertainment, and to be doing business with my brother, RZA directing is a dream come true. Putting all these great minds to work together will be legendary.”
    Said Redick: “It’s hard to fathom a better way to celebrate the Wu-Tang Clan’s 25th anniversary as rock and rap creative icons than producing a cutting-edge suspense thriller loosely based on true events that though terrifying helped shape one of the greatest groups of all time. The writers, Leslie and Smith have taken this original idea to seismic levels.”
    RZA is repped by WME and Joe M. Carlone of King, Holmes, Paterno & Soriano; Leslie and Smith are APA and Jeff Portnoy at Bellevue, and their deal was negotiated by Marios Rush of Marks Law Group. Ousdahl is attorney Eric Feig; Caruso and Ghostface Killah are repped by Matthew Jacobs of Gray Krauss Sandler; Bob Abramoff of Burgee Abramoff and Redick negotiated the deals for all including RZA & Ghostface, the Wu-Tang Clan, writers Leslie and Smith and financiers.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/wu-tang...ce-1202544004/

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Interesting.

THE QUIET SOLDIER

Soundtrack could be good, some old school horrorcore Gravediggaz dirty NiggaMortis type beats perhaps?

The movie sounds good. Its much more fun to see RZA do Wu-Tang-esque films like 'The Man With The Iron Fists' and this rather than the other stuff hes been directing.

I'm thinking that the soundtrack will be separate from the upcoming Clan LP and will probably be a compilation, but if theres really 2 Wu LPs on the way thats fucking cool.

hopefully it wont be garbage mumble rapping about the horrors of seeing butter knives and trump hats

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RIG BROCK View Post
    hopefully it wont be garbage mumble rapping about the horrors of seeing butter knives and trump hats
    Why are you so unhappy?

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

^He’s a truckdriver

Shaolin Master

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post
    ^He’s a truckdriver
    Racist + Paedophile = Truckdriver

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrism70 View Post
    Soundtrack could be good, some old school horrorcore Gravediggaz dirty NiggaMortis type beats perhaps?
    yea i would like to think thats a possibility, i would like to think rza would get tekitha in the booth to contribute some dark vocals and just do what she does....nowadays Bobby more likely to collab with The Fray and do this soundtack

what are you dummies mumbling about? sha i'm not unhappy. i'm a man and you're a girlie boy.

what are you dummies mumbling about? sha i'm not unhappy. i'm a man and you're a girlie boy.
    Post a pic of yourself

You seem pessimistic, which is a symptom of depression.

Anyway a new Wu-Tang LP is good news for most posters.

This reminds me of Da Hip Hop Witch.

devil man, are you asking me for dick pics?

You are Give peace a chance