Thread: I forgot how hard this RZA beat is

Default I forgot how hard this RZA beat is

That beat is crazy. Chopin might be my favorite composer too, RZA flipped that shit perfectly.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Still have this cassette single. Was bumping it about a month ago. Rza also produced They off of this album. Her official debut album Ice never officially dropped, but I copped one of those advance copies that they send out to the press for reviews off of Ebay back in 2001. It is worth checking out, Source gave it three and a half mics

What year is this from? Not even entirely sure if I've heard it before. The whistle thing is pretty familiar tho, so I'd say I have. Prob only heard it once or twice cos I can't stand female wrappers who try to sound hard. This ho is an awful example of one. Is she White, or a black person with white skin?

Its from 1999. Shes a solid rapper, she started out as a protege of Biggie. Google says that shes mixed race, probably more white ancestors than black though.

Its a dope song but this beat would have been great for a clan track with Cappa, Deck, Rae etc.

PRODIGAL SUN

ghost went in on this, this beat would have been perfect for shyheim before he got locked

German father, black mother. She did an in store at Moodie's records here in Bronx, New York a few years ago.
    She said in a Source interview her uncle called her a pickaninny and her father socked him right in his face and they both died never speaking to each other again after that. People think that just because they are family it is okay to say screwed up shit and you are just supposed to deal with it.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Rza also produced They off of this album. Her official debut album Ice never officially dropped, but I copped one of those advance copies that they send out to the press for reviews off of Ebay back in 2001. It is worth checking out, Source gave it three and a half mics

That was the long-standing rumor, but apparently Digga produced "They"

PRODIGAL SUN

yeah beat is hard,i like ghostface on it

Well that just flips my shit. I got that information off of www.prodby.com No wonder that site no longer exists.
    It was giving out inaccurate information. Now I question whether or not songs I have long sought the production credits for that I got from there are correct or not.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Well that just flips my shit. I got that information off of www.prodby.com No wonder that site no longer exists.
    It was giving out inaccurate information. Now I question whether or not songs I have long sought the production credits for that I got from there are correct or not.
    Not your fault; it was attributed to RZA for the longest time online. I don't know when the booklet scans w/ credits finally got out but I was surprised to see it wasn't RZA too whenever I first saw it b/c it so widespread for so long that he did that album track along w/ the Stand Up single.