Thread: Wu Tang came to my country and it was fucking shit

Default Wu Tang came to my country and it was fucking shit

Okay so Wu Tang came to New Zealand last week. To the two out of 3 of the largest cities. Props on them for coming to New Zealand, as I believe its about 40,000 miles away and its small. They came to my city on Thursday, which is Christchurch, which has a population of 400,000. They were in Auckland on Friday, a larger city which was apparently a lot better.

Okay anyway the Wu Tang wasn't shit the sound was. It was awesome that all of the members were there, including ol dirtys first born. As I've heard that often not all members show up. They performed 36 Chambers from front to back and then did about 8 singles from various albums which included 'Duel of the Iron Mic', 'Black Jesus', 'Reunited', 'Triumph', 'Black Jesus', 'Ice Cream', 'Bring the Pain' & 'Gravel Pit'. I might have forgotten something though

The energy which each of the members had was awesome. They were moving around, they were hype, method man was spraying bottles of champagne, I think I even seen him give someone a bong at the front. They were spitting well and all of there flows were awesome and they were on point, which is why i'm disappointed. They performed so well, but we weren't able to enjoy it properly.

Fuck you to who ever set the speaker system up. It was tone death, especially for sample heavy songs like Duel of the Iron Mic. There was heaps of distortion and way too much bass. I did not enjoy a single song, as we weren't able to. Such a shame

Third world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    Third world problems.
    You pay 120 for a concert. You expect it to be sound checked properly. Everyone I talked to said it was shit, Distortion is damaging to the ears and the speakers were full of it

That's fucked, dawg. Complain to the fuckers n try to get other cunts to as well. Maybe u'll get ur money back.

I actually opened the thread hoping u'd say the actual show was shit, so I'd b glad I didn't go to the Sydney one, lolz.

Rap concerts in general aren’t for acoustics.. it’s for the experience. The dudes on stage.

What’s funny is that, this is probably how the Clan wanted it to sound. They’re picky as fuck and always want this pumped up.

Quote Originally Posted by NzForever View Post
    Okay so Wu Tang came to New Zealand last week. To the two out of 3 of the largest cities. Props on them for coming to New Zealand, as I believe its about 40,000 miles away and its small. They came to my city on Thursday, which is Christchurch, which has a population of 400,000. They were in Auckland on Friday, a larger city which was apparently a lot better.

Okay anyway the Wu Tang wasn't shit the sound was. It was awesome that all of the members were there, including ol dirtys first born. As I've heard that often not all members show up. They performed 36 Chambers from front to back and then did about 8 singles from various albums which included 'Duel of the Iron Mic', 'Black Jesus', 'Reunited', 'Triumph', 'Black Jesus', 'Ice Cream', 'Bring the Pain' & 'Gravel Pit'. I might have forgotten something though

The energy which each of the members had was awesome. They were moving around, they were hype, method man was spraying bottles of champagne, I think I even seen him give someone a bong at the front. They were spitting well and all of there flows were awesome and they were on point, which is why i'm disappointed. They performed so well, but we weren't able to enjoy it properly.

Fuck you to who ever set the speaker system up. It was tone death, especially for sample heavy songs like Duel of the Iron Mic. There was heaps of distortion and way too much bass. I did not enjoy a single song, as we weren't able to. Such a shame
    I experienced the same thing when they performed here in London. But ultimately it is the overall vibe of the night and just seeing them perform live with a crowd is what made it for me.

when they perform overseas I'm sure they are way more at the mercy of the local audio technicians and dont exactly have their own equipment or staff that is used to EQing sound to their specifications. They also notoriously show up late and doubt they have time to adjust if they wanted to. They just get whatever sound the previous act used.
    9/10 times I dont have sound issues at their concerts, and I've seen at least a dozen
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 12-19-2018 at 02:59 PM.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Gotta smoke a blunt
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

I've seen Rza twice. Rae one and ghost once in the same piece of shit country as the thread starter and they were awesome. Only bad thing is it wasnt in any other country but this homo loving filth shit country called New Zealand. Fuck you all
    Allah is my bitch
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.

'

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    I've seen Rza twice. Rae one and ghost once in the same piece of shit country as the thread starter and they were awesome. Only bad thing is it wasnt in any other country but this homo loving filth shit country called New Zealand. Fuck you all
    Lmao. I've never seen somehow single out New Zealand and shit on that country until now. What exactly happened to you there to be so worked up?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Lmao. I've never seen somehow single out New Zealand and shit on that country until now. What exactly happened to you there to be so worked up?
    Sums it up pretty well

Allah is my bitch

Whole track list seems like fire, but a Black Jesus encore? Damn