Thread: JPEGMAFIA - Veteran LP

Tracklist:
    1.1539 N. Calvert
    2.Real Nega
    3.Thug Tears
    4.Dayum
    5.Baby I'm Bleeding
    6.My Thoughts on Neogaf Dying (Radio Edit)
    7.Rock N Roll Is Dead
    8.DD Form 214 (feat. Bobbi Rush)
    9.Germs
    10.Libtard Anthem (feat. Freaky)
    11.��
    12.DJ Snitch Bitch Interlude
    13.Whole Foods
    14.Macaulay Culkin
    15.Williamsburg
    16.I Cannot Fucking Wait Until Morrissey Dies
    17.Rainbow Six (feat. Yung Midpack)
    18.1488 (Album Version)
    19.Curb Stomp

eh, i was pretty disappointed with this when it came out, considering the praise it received. haven't listened to it for a while - what were your favourite tracks?

i like 1539 N. Calvert and Thug Tears a lot, but could do without the rest of it really. some "interesting" ideas on there i guess, just didn't find most of it compelling.

It just came up in my youtube recommendations a few months back so it was a pleasant surprise for me. All praises due to the youtube algorithm, its an amazing invention.

I really like Real Nega, I Cannot Fucking Wait Until Morrissey Dies and Macaulay Culkin but I listen to the whole album. The last 5 years I stopped listening to albums front to back but there was some good albums for that recently.

whats his beef with morrisey? did he get rejected by him or something?

Morrissey is supposedly far right, and/or a general douchebag. Personally I think he just wants attention, but his music hasn't cut it for years. The Smiths and some of his early solo stuff was very entertaining, but only because its condensed into existential jingly guitar 3 minute pop songs. Imagine hanging out with that guy for an extended period of time.

what do you mean by far right? he wants someone to die for being a douche? i read that jpeg has made racist remarks about whites

I thought it was shit and I like experimental hiphop a lot. Some of the beats were kinda cool but it was all over the place. Felt like a random collection of sub par IDM and bottom barrell Autechre beats with some average at best rapping. Can't understand the praise it got. Compared to something like clipping's first album it's not even in the same ball park

The clipping stuff was really interesting but didn't have much replay value for me. JPEG is like a more conventional Death Grips record.

Death Grips lost me recently, although the first few records are dope so I keep checking their new stuff out.