Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Inspectah Deck announces new album "Chamber No. 9" & hints new Wu-Tang album in 2019

Why is deck Not rapping on his own fat beats? For example like:
    Rza,9th,Cilva or Bronze ?

I like the album. Nice and short. Beats are solid, Deck comes correct. I didn’t have high expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

I think this is a warm up, though. Lyrical exercise. If you get Deck some beats from the likes of Pete Rock, Apollo Brown, Bronze Nazareth, and Premier, he will go to another level.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by Grüne Hornisse View Post
    Why is deck Not rapping on his own fat beats? For example like:
    Rza,9th,Cilva or Bronze ?
    I have been saying this for years, he would sound great over a full album of his own beats. All the other rappers that produce produce most, if not all of their albums.

Is you ready?
    Back by popular demand...

Peace CT

All the love for this album on this site made it a letdown for me. It’s not bad, but nothing mind blowing. Solid 7 at best after a few listens. I prefer the CZARFACE stuff. Peace

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    I have been saying this for years, he would sound great over a full album of his own beats. All the other rappers that produce produce most, if not all of their albums.
    Wasn't Cynthia's Son produced by Deck?
    Granted it was a mixtape, but if I recall correctly all, or the bulk of the beats were produced by Deck.
    Also to echo what someone else mentioned, Deck would sound great over Ayatollah beats. For me though, I think he would sound his best doing an entire collaboration album with Bronze.
    Regardless of his more relaxed flow, I have enjoyed Chamber no.9 immensely. In this day and age, it is the best we are going to get from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post
    Wasn't Cynthia's Son produced by Deck?
    Granted it was a mixtape, but if I recall correctly all, or the bulk of the beats were produced by Deck.
    Also to echo what someone else mentioned, Deck would sound great over Ayatollah beats. For me though, I think he would sound his best doing an entire collaboration album with Bronze.
    Regardless of his more relaxed flow, I have enjoyed Chamber no.9 immensely. In this day and age, it is the best we are going to get from him.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by 7star mantis View Post
    the track from instagram the chorus and cuts in then song has the same as that 9th prince track camoflauge children with the same ghostface sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pe8gFyJgLI just saying peace
    Both tracks are fire. Someone should mix Them together.

Going to have to check Ebay and see if there are any physicals for Cynthia's Son and cop that.

PRODIGAL SUN

Decks issue is his over reliance of punchlines these days.

Wu keep it fresh like tupperware highlighted that shit for me. He used to have deep verses that gave a vibe off that was unmatched. Dude was just as good as nas during the wu prime, and i really thought he could have that type or career but instead he started this random verse shit; past 15 years his verses are pretty much interchangable.

I feel like meth has a similar issue, but solo wise he has way more highlights and atleast had that hype/banger-esque style with unmatched energy. These beats on this album could be better but off first listen, i think they work for him. Hes never had a truly great album and imo his own beats arent exactly FIRE so unless the album filled with an all star cast like say alchemist, roc marci, muggs, primo etc, idk if he ever will. Rza not giving him a true wu album is one of gravest tragedies in rap.

Mind you i say this knowing deck at his peak is capable of being the illest in wu (wu forever) but its almost like he reverted back to his 36 chambers style which worked in the era it was in because it was still NEW but 25 years later... he sounds like ya average 2000s era mixtape rapper. And believe me i KNOW he influenced all those guys but its hard to stick out when so many rappers now have same style.

YA BIG DUMMY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Decks issue is his over reliance of punchlines these days.

Wu keep it fresh like tupperware highlighted that shit for me. He used to have deep verses that gave a vibe off that was unmatched. Dude was just as good as nas during the wu prime, and i really thought he could have that type or career but instead he started this random verse shit; past 15 years his verses are pretty much interchangable.

I feel like meth has a similar issue, but solo wise he has way more highlights and atleast had that hype/banger-esque style with unmatched energy. These beats on this album could be better but off first listen, i think they work for him. Hes never had a truly great album and imo his own beats arent exactly FIRE so unless the album filled with an all star cast like say alchemist, roc marci, muggs, primo etc, idk if he ever will. Rza not giving him a true wu album is one of gravest tragedies in rap.

Mind you i say this knowing deck at his peak is capable of being the illest in wu (wu forever) but its almost like he reverted back to his 36 chambers style which worked in the era it was in because it was still NEW but 25 years later... he sounds like ya average 2000s era mixtape rapper. And believe me i KNOW he influenced all those guys but its hard to stick out when so many rappers now have same style.
    They don't care anymore about being "deep" or intricate. They lost a lot of fans and people stopped checking for them specifically bc they used "big words"(not really at all). There are interviews where a lot of them mention dumbing down and using easier words bc people were complaining and losing fans. I know Rza, Ghost, meth and Deck have mentioned it in interviews.

There have been way too many times people have told me Wu is wack and "I dont wanna listen to that big word bullshit." Sad and a tough position for them trying to sell albums

a nice way of saying the album is trash by wu standards

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cd View Post
    They don't care anymore about being "deep" or intricate. They lost a lot of fans and people stopped checking for them specifically bc they used "big words"(not really at all). There are interviews where a lot of them mention dumbing down and using easier words bc people were complaining and losing fans. I know Rza, Ghost, meth and Deck have mentioned it in interviews.

There have been way too many times people have told me Wu is wack and "I dont wanna listen to that big word bullshit." Sad and a tough position for them trying to sell albums
    "I dont wanna listen to that big word bullshit."

I would love to respond to someone saying that. even though now in 2019 the ratio of people who like rap for its craft - to those who just jumped on the rap bandwagon, is probably depressing.

some people love the art of rhyming which was what this whole thing used to be about. that makes it difficult to enjoy a generic ma'f**** like Tony Yayo or your "stereotypical 2002 mixtape rapper" like dude mentioned earlier.
    some people have no social or universal skills, have trouble making friends, talking to girls etc. the best they can do is put a system in their car and go google the most popular rap songs so they can drive around with the windows down hoping they get noticed.

two kinds of people nowadays

First time I have heard that, every time I always get, "I stopped listening to Wu Tang because them niggahz started putting out garbage." The big words thing reminds me of this Crank Lucas video. https://youtu.be/Cb9VM8zF93Q

Whut it B like. My favorite Song on this Album.
    Last edited by Grüne Hornisse; 07-17-2019 at 10:02 AM.