Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prodigal Sunn announces new Sunz of Man album coming in 2019

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Very nice features and dope cover. Planet Asia’s been all over all sorts of Wu material for the last decade.. What’s his connection?

‘What Profits A Man’ looks familiar.. Ain’t that an old track?

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Planet Asia is connected through Matthew Markoff, also known as M Eighty of Think Differently/Holy Toledo

Shaolin Master

On paper this looks great. Of course if 4th, Truth and Bronze beats were on this it would be amazing, but I do like that they are using just one producer on this.
    Judging the quality of P.Sunn's recent material, I don't think this is going to be another Saviorz Day. Priest is on board for one fact.
    The features look amazing. Planet Asia; 12 O'Clock... LAD and Sunz (at fucking last!). Shabazz and Timbo on this would have great too.
    If the beats are anything like The Spark, we could be in for a real treat.
    I don't know why folks are whining. It's 2019, and we are getting a new Sunz of Man album!!!! What is there to complain about???
    Last edited by Mythrandir; 06-09-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post
    ‘What Profits A Man’ looks familiar.. Ain’t that an old track?
    Killah Priest had a track called Profits A Man on his Behind The Stained Glass album.

WuTang4Life

Just listening to the album now, its leaked. I'll end up buying it if its good.

"i'm engaged to a shotgun and it gets jelous"

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Planet Asia is connected through Matthew Markoff, also known as M Eighty of Think Differently/Holy Toledo
    Ah okay, Thanks. M Eighty made some great moves within the Wu camp. He kinda disappeared tho.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    Killah Priest had a track called Profits A Man on his Behind The Stained Glass album.
    Yeah that’s it. Dope track.. Hopefully there’s no recycled shit on The Rebirth

THE QUIET SOLDIER

Some good tracks on here. The first 6 Sunz only tracks, fire. Medicine with Cappa, great beat, best track for me I think on this album. Then the album is hit and miss after. Will grow on me. Great to see them back, here to stay we hope.

Kingz - Hell Razah rides this beat so well, then Prodigal Sunn....damn!

Food for the Soul - Classic

Two listens now, solid album. Some tracks straight fire, others will grow on you after a few listens.

The Sunz of Man are back!

I'd say a solid 8 out of 10 - maybe cause I love the Sunz of Man but to me this is a classic Sunz album.

Voice of the Voiceless - 9
    Kingz - 10
    The Sunz - 8
    Tradition - 7
    What Profits a Man - 8
    Food for the Soul - 10
    Medicine - 9
    Storm Riderz - 7
    Bonafide Measures - 8
    Karma - 7
    The Light - 9
    Black Saintz - 7
    Last edited by Chrism70; 06-10-2019 at 04:13 PM.

How the fuck did this leak so early...????!! Somebody fucked up big style!

Anyway, I'm going to check this out now.

Peace!

i just heard the album....what a disappointment😡😡😡

Definitely a stretch to call this a sunz of man album. It's obviously mostly, if not entirely, tracks from p sunn's solo album sessions. Sounds like he just put away a few of the tracks with SOM cunts so he could put together this album. Even I think all but one of the tracks featuring other (non SOM) cunts only had p sunn in them representing SOM.

Beats r mostly generic and not memorable too. By no means bad, but certainly not outstanding. The final track was a bit of a banga but then it was ruined by some fucking terrible dipshit featuring on it.

It's good that p sunn has become quite prolific in recent years, but I feel like pushing this as an SOM album is a bit of a slap in the face to wu diehards. I mean there's been enough tracks on these guy's solo albums over the years that have featured other members that anybody could have thrown together something like this if they'd wanted.

If he was gonna push something as an SOM album then we're gonna want n expect them to get together in a studio n make an album, which is very clearly not what happened here.

But yeah, it sounded like pretty good hip hop, I guess. Nothing here to bring this listener back for repeat listens, tho I'll give it a couple more spins before I let it fade into obscurity. But it should b a decent listen for cunts who thrive on this sort of music.

Default Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Definitely a stretch to call this a sunz of man album. It's obviously mostly, if not entirely, tracks from p sunn's solo album sessions. Sounds like he just put away a few of the tracks with SOM cunts so he could put together this album. Even I think all but one of the tracks featuring other (non SOM) cunts only had p sunn in them representing SOM.

Beats r mostly generic and not memorable too. By no means bad, but certainly not outstanding. The final track was a bit of a banga but then it was ruined by some fucking terrible dipshit featuring on it.

It's good that p sunn has become quite prolific in recent years, but I feel like pushing this as an SOM album is a bit of a slap in the face to wu diehards. I mean there's been enough tracks on these guy's solo albums over the years that have featured other members that anybody could have thrown together something like this if they'd wanted.

If he was gonna push something as an SOM album then we're gonna want n expect them to get together in a studio n make an album, which is very clearly not what happened here.

But yeah, it sounded like pretty good hip hop, I guess. Nothing here to bring this listener back for repeat listens, tho I'll give it a couple more spins before I let it fade into obscurity. But it should b a decent listen for cunts who thrive on this sort of music.
    I agree.
    It s like vinnie paz did jedimind trick album without stoupe and jus lol.
    Production is ok !
    In fact it a album by prodigal sunn with some features , the sparkle vol 2!
    Other members maybe dont know he did a sunz album lol...????
    Hell razah is fire on the second track , it remind the sunz of man track with dtach ( the world is flame)
    I like 60 sed on every track and the track with planet asia is my favorite.
    I hope the rebirth is a premice to a true reunion with the team,

let's listen..
    there's even a youtube link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTVZIt7SLOI

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post

Wow. At first I felt really bad that this has leaked. I was going to refrain from listening to the leak and wait for the release date and buy it, like the old days. As a diehard fan, that is the respect i have for SoM. However, if what Noel says is true - my sympathy for SoM is sorely misplaced and the leak is justifed. If it is a cut n paste job from the effluvial remnants of P.Sunn's last two albums - at least have the decency and honesty to your loyal fan base. Call it a mixtape of new music, or a street album as a prelude to a full comeback, and us diehards still would have copped it. However, to pass it off as a conceptualised studio album with one producer and every SoM on board, is indeed shitting on your loyal patrons.
    It seems P.Sunn took a leaf out of Math's book of taking what was to be a Meth solo album, adding some heavy features on it - and passing it off as a clan album.
    Marketing wise I get it, and it is a blessing to get new music from Killa Beez, but at the end of the day it is deception and disrespect to the fan base.

That being said - I have no qualms with the quality of this joint. Beats/Hooks/Lyrics and delivery are all great. This street album is a fluid listen all the way through... It just highlights how superior Sunz are - and how much the world needs their music. Hopefully this is just the beginning. The Rebirth gets me hyped and taunts me with the possibilities - a full Sunz album - helmed by Bronze, with all four members on each joint - and some dope features from Shabazz and Timbo.
    Last edited by Mythrandir; 06-11-2019 at 03:26 AM.