Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4-part Wu-Tang docuseries to debut at Sundance picked up by Showtime

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Im referring to what U-God said about Killarmy and Sunz Of Man's affiliation to Wu yesterday and months ago on a radiostation. While according to him they aint Wu-Tang affiliated, the contrary would be said by Meth. Two generals, two different opinions on something quite remarkably significant when it comes to the brand. Flip that over to OUATIS, and you'll tell ne what you said above. Here's the difference though, the same dudes that are screaming murder now, were the same dudes that co-signed that album as a Clan album for over a year. Now tell me that's not true. Your question should be, what in the fuck happened after that year passed that made those same dudes suddenly switch up their tune.
    I don't know what happened, nor have that question to be completely honest. That shouldn't be my question. If I had to guess, I would guess they thought they were getting money from the album sale and wanted to cosign it at the time. Could be 100% wrong, just a guess like i said.
    BUT, these are completely different and unrelated issues which is why I don't care to know why.

If RZA himself did the exact same thing you did in making OATIS (telling members he was putting their verses on a non Wu-Tang Clan group album) then made it a group album in the end, I would call it a fake Wu-Tang album as well for the same reasons I already mentioned. Or at the very least, a very contrived album. The group didn't collab to make a group album. Very simple really.

if they lied about knowing their initial verses were specifically for a wu-tang album is the only way I'd change my view on this anyway. but even RZA said they didnt know. plus, the forum was basically there for its inception.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

What about if they didn't care what their verses were being used for? And just cared about the money? How would you feel about that? And what about them actually liking the idea and co-signing the idea from the jump when we discussed it with them? How does that all add up to you? Or would you still rather personally define what constitutes a real Clan album or not? And just simply disregard how RZA does it? Because I certainly don't have any authority or legal merit to call or not call anything Wu-Tang. Winter Warz is a good start to try and understand how recordings sometimes started off as one thing (Wu-Tang Clan) and end up as something else (Ghostface song on Ironman). One Blood Under W is another. A song that was recorded for Masta Killa's solo album and ended up becoming a Wu-Tang Clan credited track. There was nothing weird about this according to RZA when he taught me all about the old recording days. Hell, Beneath The Surface got tracks that don't even feature GZA. And on and on I can go.

I see your points and think they are good points honestly. I just cant equate someone not part of the wu-tang clan doing what RZA might do and then boom it's a Wu-Tang group album. Like OK RZA did that for Wu-Tang albums, but RZA didn't do that for this album.
    Its all opinions anyway, you have yours I have mine.
    If every member heard the whole album and said yes this gets my stamp of approval as an official group album (not just cosigning the concept) then I'd say they should have no place to call it fake

I see your points and think they are good points honestly. I just cant equate someone not part of the wu-tang clan doing what RZA might do and then boom it's a Wu-Tang group album. Like OK RZA did that for Wu-Tang albums, but RZA didn't do that for this album. And I'd find it safe to say when they recorded it amongst themselves during those times they understood it could end up group or solo because theyre under one umbrella. Like GZA recording a track FOR Afu Ra is different than GZA recording a solo track, then it being on a Wu album. That Afu track would never be on a group album, yet these Cilva tracks were.
    Its all opinions anyway, you have yours I have mine.
    If every member heard the whole album and said yes this gets my stamp of approval as an official group album (not just cosigning the concept) then I'd say they should have no place to call it fake

PRODIGAL SUN

Ayo ringz. The legacy of the group is not your toy to play with.

The fact you cant stop lying, acting like you dont care, it worked out perfectly, etc is why people give you a hard time. Noone wants to dislike you believe it or not. You make it VERY easy.

Noone in hip hop dared pulling a stunt like that.the compiling verses for fake wu albums thing; Forget one copy idea.

You did this for money and potentially standom by attaching yourself to them forever. Just like your solo “featuring” the clan... on voicemail. You said it yourself your a conplete bite. You dont make original music. How many rap artists can you actually say do that... i cant think of ANY. Hip hop is about respecting the past and maintaing/displaying your own identity.

But DARE compare yourself to sunz of man and killarmy???? Woah man. Woah.... lol...

Your not influenced by wu, your trying to be wu. Completely. You admit you booked rza a tour not knowing what the fuck your doing. They looked you out gave you a chance. And you betrayed their trust. You are not them no matter how hard you try and rap and produce like them. You aRE EXACTLY who ghost was talking about on cuban linx. Dont lie and say ugod said they werent affiliates. He said they wack. Wu tang is wutang, everything else breathes based on THAT. Your wutang like wu latino is.

Now they gotta be asked in EVERY interview rest of their life about YOUR project; you know how much they charge for wu albums... you more than any of us have the inside scoop yet you play stupid when convenient.

You stay saying one thing and doing another. Your sig itself is testament to that.

You embarassed the rza. I felt that shit thru the screen. Tried to upstage your sifu and got the whole clan revolting to his face. Why didnt he say all what you said back?

Congratulations.

I didnt toy with the legacy, I added 25 million dollars worth of marketing and exposure and relevancy to that brand by executing this concept. I dont care about people giving me a hard time, I have fun toying with hard time. Same as folks disliking me. I really dont care. As long as I know what I'm saying is right. And they didnt give me a chance, RZA did. And because I was RZA's man, I was accepted to roam those circles for 20 years. RZA dont feel embarrassed at all, he'd do it all over again if he could, read the headlines homie. Dig back and look at early ghostface interviews, rae, masta killa, even Method Man in his most glorious moments of tarnishing me on the Huffington Post, he said what? "At first I was down with the idea you know, never been done before etc etc".... and after that: "I'm not discrediting the product, I'm discrediting him, Cilvaringz." And that's fine by me... Oh and RZA did talk back, and so did I.. we showed them all the proof.. you think documentary makers are interested in resolving matters? or carrying on the drama?

Vizual Artist ShaolinArtStudent's Avatar

They want the album back anyway even if RZA can't decide on whether he wants the album back as well or constantly saying he doesn't regret it despite the fact he does.
    "En garde...I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style!"

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

If 8 out of 9 Wu members declines OATIS as a Clan album.. It’s not a Clan album. That’s the democracy mindset.. If one man says it is.. It’s dictatorship. This dictator only has one man on his side and he’s called Cilvaringz.

Veteran Member

This is a copy paste compilation. We all’know that. Rza heard the album when it was done. How the fuck can it be a wu tang album ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post
    If 8 out of 9 Wu members declines OATIS as a Clan album.. It’s not a Clan album. That’s the democracy mindset.. If one man says it is.. It’s dictatorship. This dictator only has one man on his side and he’s called Cilvaringz.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    This is a copy paste compilation. We all’know that. Rza heard the album when it was done. How the fuck can it be a wu tang album ?
    Because RZA controls the Wu-Tang brand and he decided to slap the name on it.

Great, we've all finally found a resolution that works for everyone. We'll consider it a real Wu-Tang Clan album for a year after the Forbes announcement because they were all behind it then, and then from the day Ghost and Deck started saying the opposite we'll consider it a fake Wu album right? And then, when Ghost and Meth suddenly pop up at the Stephen Colbert show to get the album back then on that very day and that day only it will be a real Wu-Tang album again because we can't have Ghost and Meth talking to a cookie about getting a fake trashy Wu album back for the people right? I mean that's just not nice for the people, they want a good and wholesome and authentic Wu album, so then, with the whole documentary it will be a fake Wu album again because 8 of the 9 are now suddenly against it right? And Deck notably mentions a 'corny n*gga trying to capatalize on shit", which is me right... so during docu hype days the album will be fake again, and then a few hours later while doing press it will be a real album again because now Deck says he's just "sad people won't get to hear it", and you can't be sad over no fake ass trashy copy and paste Cilvaringz album right, I mean that just aint right bruh, so during that moment it was real again, and then fake again, and then yesterday in London Deck said Martin should give that album back again, so I guess it was real in that moment again because you cant want a fake album back, I mean who wants that right? This is fun, I can live with this. Each day a new day, each day a new fake or real status. Gosh, democracy, it's a great thing. Remember when Wu-Tang became democracy? Those were the days bro. Thank god the dictatorship days ended in '98.

de jure: official Wu-Tang Clan album in a single copy
    de facto: official Cilvaringz compilation featuring Wu-Family & Cher

What are you fighting about?

Quote Originally Posted by FeLo View Post
    de jure: official Wu-Tang Clan album in a single copy
    de facto: official Cilvaringz compilation featuring Wu-Family & Cher

What are you fighting about?
    Anybody who apparently points out the many problems of OAUTIS.