Thread: Silent Hill dropped twenty years ago today.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default Silent Hill dropped twenty years ago today.

There are so many people getting swept up in the. Resident Evil II REmake excitement that people may forget that Silent Hill was released this time two decades ago. It still creeps me out even after all of these years. Akira Yamaoka killed the music and Team Silent put out a truly solid effort.

I never played the first one, but I recently fucked with 2 through to 4. 2 and 4 were awesome, tho I got stuck in a cunt part in 4 n had to abandon it. Played thru 3, but wasn't that great. Still well good tho.

Yeah. The general consensus is that the original trilogy is the best.

I just noticed there's a couple of silent Hill games on ps2 and Wii that I don't have. Origins and shattered memories. Anyone fucked widdem? They look to go for about $50 each on eBay. Worth it?

Also is eBay the bestest place to buy retro games? I'm looking at calling and ju-on on the Wii now. Hadn't researched survival horror on Wii previously.

Origins and Shattered Memories are good. The former and the latter are a prequel and reimagining of the first game..
    Ebay is good, but mostly second hand stuff.. Good thing is that most items are buy it now instead of auctions, so you do not have to worry about getting sniped at the last second

Origins and Shattered Memories are good. The former and the latter are a prequel and reimagining of the first game..
    Ebay is good, but mostly second hand stuff.. Good thing is that most items are buy it now instead of auctions, so you do not have to worry about getting sniped at the last second

Yeah I dont mind buying second hand. I really always have with games. I ordered the ju-on game today. N watching a copy of shattered dreams that just got listed for auction today, starting at $5.

Cunts say that silent Hill 4: the room wasn't originally meant to be a silent Hill game. But to me that game was totally silent Hill n also fuc'n great until I got stuck at a cuntish part.

Shattered memories tho. This game is really cool, but fuck me it doesn't seem like a part of the series at all. It's so different to the others n really doesn't feel like a silent Hill game at all. N this comes after having played one of the later ones that came after n thinking that one was pure traditional silent Hill.

Yeah, I can see it not being interpreted as a Silent Hill game due to the removal of a combat system and deliberately implementing a strictly evasion gameplay style to greater invoke a sense of dread.