Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring da Ruckus sample found?

Default Bring da Ruckus sample found?

Today I stumbled upon an user of WhoSampled who posted an interesting file. He claims that RZA sampled the famous "In the Rain" by The Dramatics and to back up his opinion he posted this demonstration file: https://instaud.io/2Yqq

What yall think? I think it really might be it

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Fuck me, great find.

PRODIGAL SUN

Hope this dont lead to bdr beibg taken off 36 chambers

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Fuck me, great find.
    Word! RZA's a fucking mastermind. I've known the Dramatics' song for a lot of years but never have I thought it might be it. RZA mustve been on some next-level shit back then

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Sick find. I was listening to that same exact track by The Dramatics today. Who would've thought.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Hope this dont lead to bdr beibg taken off 36 chambers
    Whoever does not own a physical copy of Enter The Wu Tang by now fucked up. Even if it is, so what? Are the sample police going to come barreling through your door at four o'clock in the morning demanding you surrender your physical copy? FUCK THEM!!!!

Well if the sample isn’t cleared, RZA could easily get sued

He won't get sued. First of all it's not a big issue now and only really sample geeks will notice it has been found. Second of all, it's flipped in a way that it'll be hard to show and prove

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    He won't get sued. First of all it's not a big issue now and only really sample geeks will notice it has been found. Second of all, it's flipped in a way that it'll be hard to show and prove
    You are wrong on both accounts. Since a random person on Who Sampled presented this to the audience, it will surely be noticed by all relevant ppl connected to The Dramatics' legacy. Also, since a random person showed the actual connection between the Wu song and the original, can you imagine what a professional, an engineer could do in a legal process?

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    You are wrong on both accounts. Since a random person on Who Sampled presented this to the audience, it will surely be noticed by all relevant ppl connected to The Dramatics' legacy. Also, since a random person showed the actual connection between the Wu song and the original, can you imagine what a professional, an engineer could do in a legal process?
    As far as I'm concerned the more crazy way the sample was flipped, the more fucks they are given. Of course the popularity of the tracks matter but I heard that when the sample of Shook Ones Pt. 2 was found (and the way Havoc did it is similar to what RZA did here) he wasn't sued by the company.

I might be wrong since I'm not a lawyer or anything

If somebody wants to sue, they might be able to. If you look at the 'Blurred Lines' case, they actually had no case! They just were able to convince a jury that didn't know any better that it was similar enough for a payout. You just need a good lawyer.

Somebody could recreate this on a sampler, even if its not the real sample.

It is sample cause on the Bring da Ruckus you can hear the vocal part from the Dramatics even though it is sloooowed down

Lol I know another song thats probably as famous that samples 'In The Rain' that isn't on whosampled but I don't want to say now after joining in trashing soob.

I know he puts a lot of stuff on whosampled himself and I do check the site. Some artists have locked their pages now though lol.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Whoever does not own a physical copy of Enter The Wu Tang by now fucked up. Even if it is, so what? Are the sample police going to come barreling through your door at four o'clock in the morning demanding you surrender your physical copy? FUCK THEM!!!!
    Plenty of new people pickup on 36 chambers everyday...

when you stream the album the song will be missing. Like soul controller off ironman. Or the way they butchered ready to die.

Not a good look for a classic album that will have decades of popularity. Sounds like theres like 6 samples on BDR tho so idk
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 02-09-2019 at 08:44 PM.