Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone ever knocked spike lee out?

Banned

What the fuck are you two talking about?

lol..come on man..i didn't make him out to be some victim, if anything, i gave reasons why he isn't one and has the arrogance he has that bothers you so much, and i stand by it, dude paid his dues, worked hard to get where he is and MOST IMPORTANTLY, WAS INGENIUS ENOUGH to have his own shooting style and niche in the movie game, those reasons alone are reasons enough to give him the respect he deserves, you don't have to like his body of work but you can not discount the weight it holds

Banned

Yea I alluded to all of that. But he’s a hypocrite. He has many douchebag qualities, arrogance only being one.

And again that’s what this thread was about.

I think most of it stems from being 5 feet tall and 100 pounds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    By the way, it’s okay if we want to do it. It’s not okay if someone else wants to. Capische?

That’s why Scorsese gave Schindlers List to Spielberg.

That’s why Steve McQueen did 12 years a Slave.

It’s why Spike did Malcolm X.

Spike needs to stop being a little bitch cuz he didn’t win an Oscar. He got one. Keep it movin’ cuz the Roma director should have won.
    And why Woody Allen makes a bunch of movies about rich society types and jews haha. Personally I think its okay for those guys to step outside their culture though, if it ends up being a good movie.

Agreed on Roma, thats a moving piece of cinema and better than any Spielberg film in recent memory. Lol at noel, yeah I am a bit of a film snob. I really just watch movies that I think I'm going to enjoy, old classics or weird foreign movies unless my girlfriend wants to watch Birdbox or something.

I'm not sure what Brock and Bobs beef is with netflix, its not perfect but for the casual viewer theres more than enough shit on there to waste your time with. Plus they're bankrolling a Scorsese gangster film with Pacino, DeNiro, Pesci, Keitel thats coming out in fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    My god I would pay great sums of money to operate on this level of naivety again. He's like a 6 yr old boy watching 90's action movies with his friends and riding off on bmx bikes into the sunset. Woody Allen is a serial pedophile and will be skinned alive w/ other A-listers before 2030.
    Lol. I'm not like that. I know that it's a shitty company. But at a certain level ALL of these big corporations are unethical and shady. If you don't do shady shit you lose to companies who are willing to do shady shit. And I know the entertainment business is abhorrent. But I'm not an activist so I'm not gonna worry about it too much. You're not gonna do shit either so stop talking shit. You even subscribe to Netflix and I don't. The fuck are you talking about?

Woody Allen has been accused once I think? Which is not serial unless you know something the rest of the world doesn't.

Banned

I recently watched Annie Hall because movie snobs have told me it’s a great movie.

I don’t see it. Is it supposed to be funny?

Why do I keep getting told Woody Allen and Billy Crystal are funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    I recently watched Annie Hall because movie snobs have told me it’s a great movie.

I don’t see it. Is it supposed to be funny?

Why do I keep getting told Woody Allen and Billy Crystal are funny?
    Hes more witty than funny. As I'm looking through his filmography now theres way more trash than quality. He made a handful of very good movies imo but thats not a good hit rate considering hes made like 40 movies. And those movies are dramas or lean more toward drama/thriller than comedy.

I don't find Annie Hall funny either, maybe it hasn't aged well. I feel that way about a lot of 70s comedy though. 80s comedy flicks hold up but theres something off with that 70s shit.

a gangster movie with guys nearing 80?