Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever knocked spike lee out?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    in all fairness, he also has done work portraying black people in not such a positive light, his niche or nature of his work delves in such subject matter so i wouldn't take him to task for it, and even the movies where he portrays bad italians, he does make sure to contrast it with good ones too, i think you need to delve into more of his material, you may have a different outlook on the man.
    I’ve been watching his movies since She’s Gotta Have It. Back when IFC was gold for a person who wasn’t into hollywood. 80s 90’s.

Look I’m not insulted by his portrayal of movie characters, trust me I don’t really care.

“Bad” or “Good” Italians.... I don’t care about score keeping or who thinks what is good or bad.

But he is the one who is always taking everyone to task about every little thing and all I’m saying it, he does it too.

He does it exploitatively but expects a free pass cuz he’s black.

Whatever it’s 2019 and that’s the game now.

But to my original point, I don’t find his movies “intelligent.”

They have a nice independent feel to them like most of the directors out of that scene from that era.
    Last edited by Dooch; 03-05-2019 at 01:15 PM.

i think your argument would have more weight towards someone like a steven spielberg right now who is using his hollywood elitism to try and shut down what he believes are lesser film making avenues. you know why he is always taking people to task? because of people like mr spielberg who could have made everything he has ever done non existent, its not a thing about him trying to be a whiny overbearing man, its knowing his situation, where he is and guarding his assets.

again... he paid a shit load of dues to become a film maker, his arrogance or lack of better term is understandable

Spielberg is one of the greatest directors evahh and everything, but its hilarious to hear 70 year olds like him talk about the scourge of streaming and preserving the cinema industry. That whole formats days are numbered and he's pissing in the wind.

netflix is mostly garbage, unless you're a man hater. roma should not have been nominated for best picture, it was a bore snore. black panther was decent, but not worthy of a movie of the year selection. it was nominated cause whiny rejects complained the year before that there should not be any movies nominated that have more than one white person in them.
    Last edited by brock; 03-05-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    i think your argument would have more weight towards someone like a steven spielberg right now who is using his hollywood elitism to try and shut down what he believes are lesser film making avenues. you know why he is always taking people to task? because of people like mr spielberg who could have made everything he has ever done non existent, its not a thing about him trying to be a whiny overbearing man, its knowing his situation, where he is and guarding his assets.

again... he paid a shit load of dues to become a film maker, his arrogance or lack of better term is understandable
    Ok so he paid his dues. He ain’t the first one won’t be the last. Dudes a fucking prima Donna filmmaker or not.

He wanted to make movies his way, well that’s he more difficult route to take.

But he’s made everything he wanted and is a millionaire and sits courtside for 30 years.

Got his little gold statue now.

Black folks are over represented in movies, on tv and at awards, now they will have to fight with Hispanics and Asians for top Hollywood victim.
    Last edited by Dooch; 03-05-2019 at 03:16 PM.

black panther was the strangest case of mediocre movie turned to legendary status by media and public hype I've ever seen. Didn't like Michael B Jordan as Killmonger either. I bet Michael Jai White would've been 100X better

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Good point.

John Turturro was fantastic playing those roles. There were some other Italian characters that were cliche, but no worse than a B character from The Sopranos.
    Summer of Sam was the worst because it was a whole movie dedicated to the stereotype.

Leguizamo isn’t even Italian.

Like I said Spike doesn’t miss an opportunity to take shots.

That’s why it’s funny he’s so sensitive.

But deep down inside he just wants to be the black Scorsese.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    black panther was the strangest case of mediocre movie turned to legendary status by media and public hype I've ever seen. Didn't like Michael B Jordan as Killmonger either. I bet Michael Jai White would've been 100X better
    Michael B. Jordan is the most overrated actor out there right now.

People talk like creed is some masterpiece, it’s hilarious. The critics are so beyond afraid of calling it a BS reboot in an era of BS reboots.

Rocky was iconic, 2-5 were Hollywood making guaranteed bank.

Rocky Balboa was the only other good movie and a fitting end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Summer of Sam was the worst because it was a whole movie dedicated to the stereotype.
    Your avatar Michael Imperioli has to take some of the blame then, he wrote it.

You said it was good on the last page anyway lol.

Banned

I liked the movie. Like I said, stereotypes don’t bother me, it’s a movie it’s supposed to be dramatic.

This thread is about why Spike Lee is a douche. And I’ve already outlined my reasoning.

He’s a douche on several levels.

Artsy yuppie being the first and most basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    I liked the movie. Like I said, stereotypes don’t bother me, it’s a movie it’s supposed to be dramatic.

This thread is about why Spike Lee is a douche. And I’ve already outlined my reasoning.

He’s a douche on several levels.

Artsy yuppie being the first and most basic.
    Yeah I agree. And hes sucked for about 2 decades.

I think the only upcoming movie I want to see is Jordan Peele's 'Us'. The constant creation of sequels, reboots and superhero flicks is depressing.

Banned

Miracle at St Anna was another movie that took subtle shots, and was very inaccurate.

Again, it’s fine, that’s his right he can make whatever movie he wants, but don’t pretend you don’t have it in you Spike.

Then you got Gravey making him out to be some victim.

Guys got a 32 million dollar townhouse in Manhattan and a light skinned broad way out of his league that’s about a foot taller than him.

Lol... the dude is a bulletin board of douche.

Made some excellent films though. Love 25th hour.

Banned

By the way, it’s okay if we want to do it. It’s not okay if someone else wants to. Capische?

That’s why Scorsese gave Schindlers List to Spielberg.

That’s why Steve McQueen did 12 years a Slave.

It’s why Spike did Malcolm X.

Spike needs to stop being a little bitch cuz he didn’t win an Oscar. He got one. Keep it movin’ cuz the Roma director should have won.

Fuck u cunts r snobs.

I've never seen such a crowd of people whining about how entertaining stuff isn't good enough for them as I have on this forum.