Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tarantino Trailer - Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019)

Shaolin Master

The child molester Lena Dunham is in that? Eeew

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

yeah that’s kinda off putting about the film, don’t wanna support anything with that horrible wack bitch in it.

Peace CT

Finally saw it the other night. Typical Tarantino style film so I loved it. Pitt stole the show. Peace

It's ok. As a buddy movie set in the 60's-70's I thought the Nice Guys was better. Quite a funny movie though. If the movie didn't have Pitt and DiCaprio it wouldn't of been as good.

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Finally saw it the other night. Typical Tarantino style film so I loved it. Pitt stole the show. Peace
    This.

Movie of the year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    yeah she was the only fatso in the movie

I went to see the movie yesterday. very well put together time piece (1969) : costumes, hair styles, cars etc. great throwback to the earlier era of 50s westerns too. the acting was top notch (both Pitt & DiCaprio. Pacino is entertaining too in his small part.) I heard there was some commotion about Margot Robbie practically having no lines in the movie. while this is true her part is actually stronger for this but this only shows itself at the climax of the movie, which I will not divulge anything about. Margaret Qually is a hot fox in her part, nice acting there ... I felt my loins stirrrrr. if I had to pick one actor/actress for best performance I'd say Pitt

the plot was well structured too - just look back upon a lot of the elements in the first half of the movie after you finished seeing the last 20 minutes or so

as a love letter to hollywood, low budget italian movies, movie making in general and old time tv shows this is quite superb

what the movie gets right too imo is that it spends enough time with the characters who DESERVE to get enough time in the way the plot is structured. the movie is set up really smart and actually tenderly this way. beyond his penchant for violence in a lot of his movies (he hates violence in real life by the way, he is actually revolted by it) Tarantino shows himself to be quite the tender dreamer in this movie

I do admit it was strange the way Bruce Lee was portrayed in this. I am not too well informed about his lifestyle and his values but his main scene struck me as uncharacteristic anyway. seems to me his relatives have a point when they say this is not who Bruce Lee was at all. beyond that the main scene with Mike Moh (Bruce Lee) in it is a great scene regardless

as I was leaving the packed movie theater some girl told me to head back as there was a credits scene too. which was indeed worth the wait

also, I noticed in the credits Tim Roth is mentioned, but it said his part was cut. This might be common knowledge (?) but I didn't know anything about it. so I just had a look to find out what was up and I found this

https://www.nme.com/news/film/quentin-tarantino-reveals-tim-roth-character-identity-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-2540829

would have been nice to see that scene / those scenes too. maybe they'll surface later
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-11-2019 at 07:41 AM.