Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One time only super groups.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default One time only super groups.

So we all know Slaughterhouse was a song off of one of Joe Budden's albums that ended up getting such a good response that it ended up becoming an actual group. What are some other songs that assembled a bunch of emcees that you think should have been spun off into a group? I think of joints like Group Therapy's (R.B.X., KRS ONE, B Real, Nas) East Coast/West Coast Killaz, produced by Doctor Dre, off of Doctor Dre Presents The Aftermath, Monstars' (B Real, Coolio, Method Man, L.L.Cool J, Busta Rhymes) Hit 'Em High (Monstars' Anthem), produced by Track Masters, off of Space Jam soundtrack, Men Of Steel's (Ice Cube, Shaquille O'Neal, B Real, Peter Gunz, KRS ONE) Men Of Steel off of Steel soundtrack.
    Do you think these could have worked as full albums? What were some one time only super groups you would have liked to see as an album? I wonder since Space Jam II is coming soon, will they do another Monstars' Anthem?
    Hopefully not with the new generation of rappers because they suck. I just thought of Forever produced by Boi 1da off of that More Than A Game soundtrack and Relapse:Refill, they had some heavy hitters on that, do you think that Eminem, Kanye West, Drake and Lil Wayne could have worked as a super group?

Good thread. It requires some thought. I think Dre was trying to make Group Therapy happen but gave up. That's a dope song though, I think it could have worked.

I think the egos involved in 'Forever' probably mean that it wouldn't work out. Dope song though, check out the remix in my sig.

I think The Commission (BIG, Puff, Jay-Z) could have been good.

This would have been a fantastic supergroup:

Peace CT

Always bothered me when never got the 4 Horsemen album. Peace

Veteran Member

Wu All-Stars immediately comes to mind. Good thread indeed

they sound great in theory and debut tracks until ego's come into place so chances of them happening and working are slim to none. Theres always that one guy who thinks he sold more so his opinion matters more, theres always that one guy who thinks he has the looks to attract a wider audience so his opinion matters more, theres always that one guy who was talented but barely sold much who is insecure and believes inserting his opinion everywhere into everything matters, theres always that one guy who believes his ear for beats is superior and his opinion matters, theres always that one guy who never likes any decision or track the group comes up with, theres always that one guy who is too busy or adds on too late, theres always the guy obligated to some major label overseeing his activities and Finally, there are always entitled fans pressuring them to a point of nervousness where they end up giving lackluster work.

these usually only work when the group came into the game together initially as that group.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Always bothered me when never got the 4 Horsemen album. Peace
    Speaking of (almost) HSRMN, here's another one

You broke that down beautifully Graveyard Shifter. The best thing going for Slaughterhouse is that none of them were signed to any major labels at the time, which is what really made that e.p. and those albums possible more than anything else.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Joe Buddens a cunt.
    a faggot rapper too
    N.I.

Veteran Member

While joe budden is really pretentious, he does seem like a pretty smart guy and he can rap. Not sure why he gets so much hate, unless it's related to him being an arrogant asshole. He's not wack though.

nada ignorante

I think hes wack imo, pump it up was trash
    N.I.

nada ignorante

Now see Ja Rule was gay too, but at least hes got a solid album VVV and a good one Rule, unlike Budden...
    N.I.

Venni, Vetti, Vecci is solid for real. Some people wrote it off as a poor man's It's Dark And Hell Is Hot, but it really was it's own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    While joe budden is really pretentious, he does seem like a pretty smart guy and he can rap. Not sure why he gets so much hate, unless it's related to him being an arrogant asshole. He's not wack though.
    I never paid much attention to his music. I remember 'Focus' lol. I tried watching one of his podcasts where he spews out misinformed, self righteous bullshit and found him to be an insufferable cunt. Drink Champs on the other hand is dope most of the time.

And I've turned around on Ja Rule recently. He actually is a solid hardcore rapper and somehow also a dope Pop/R&B artist. His first 2 or 3 albums have some good shit on them.

On topic, Murder Inc was another supergroup that might have happened but someone got in Earl's ear and said Ja was biting him.

This is a mid '90s track Ja mentioned on Drink Champs, his first single:

And then 50 Cent happened..