Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: terminator (dark fate trailer)

Default terminator (dark fate trailer)

before you prejudge..please watch the trailer, its actually dope and also a james cameron/tim miller film...got high hopes

This completely removes every movie after T2 from canon right? so T3 and everything after didn't happen it was just a bad dream. I hope they nail it for the sake of the franchise.

Wack.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

If someone came up to you and said "write a dumber movie than Terminator Genisys" Dark fate is what you would end up with. It's fucking stupid. As soon as the movie starts you're like wtf? why did they do that? its absurd. I really wanted to be there when the writers were brainstorming this shit.

Its a dumb pointless movie that shits on the first 2 movies.

^^glad i opted to see the lighthouse over this one , what an awesome movie man, I’ll prolly catch this on dvd

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Wow. I thought that I was the only person that still purchased physical media. I barely even see new releases in even big box stores any more. Nowadays, when something drops, I just purchase it off of Ebay. Physical media has really gone the way of the dinosaur.. Best Buy stopped selling c.d.'s a few years back.
    Last edited by David Daniel Davis; 11-07-2019 at 08:33 AM.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Wow. I thought that I was the only person that still purchased physical media. I barely even see new releases in even big box stores any more. Nowadays, when something drops, I just purchase it off of Ebay. Physical media has really gone the wsy of the dinosaur.. Best Buy stopped selling c.d.'s a few years back.
    I purchase 4K blu rays (new movies) and blu rays (if isn't on 4K blu ray). Best Buy, Target, and Walmart sell blu rays. DVDs are obsolete and don't have good quality. 4K or 1080HP is the way to go nowadays. I'm seeing myself stream a little but I'm old school so I prefer discs over stream.

CDs are great. Better audio, photo booklet, artwork, physical disc. Target sells CDs but it's only the popular artists.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 11-03-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I still buy Blu-Rays if its something classic and dope that I know I will rewatch multiple times. I still sometimes buy obscure foreign language films on DVD because they're often difficult to find online and not available on BR. The last one I got was 'Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring', great film. Its good to keep your old movies because they aren't always going to be available on TV, streaming etc, its good to have backups.

I mostly download or stream though.

As far as Terminator goes, I wish they'd stop with these films. Edit: The last movie did make a profit I guess, which explains why they're still cranking these films out, but the new one is predicted to lose money based on the first week.

They could easily go for smaller budgets, indie directors and smaller, self contained stories within a universe like this and make a nice profit. Instead they just put all the same plot elements and characters in a blender and come up with lesser versions of the first 2 films and are surprised when they don't make their hundred million dollar budgets back.

pompous

eh the trailer looks good. saw all of the other installments, might as well catch this one too

special effects on the Term face don't look all that convincing in the trailer though. mm I'll probably won't pay any attention to them when I'm immersed in the story ('story'? lol)

everybody shitted on 'Genisys' or however you spell that but honestly I rather enjoyed it

guess I'll always be a fan of the Terminator concept, no matter what movie they make to add to the universe

Genisys was okay, watchable, I just caught it a week or so back. It was forgettable and the plot was a mess but Emilia Clarke is hot, she definitely helped the 2 hours pass. She was good in the Solo film too, which was underrated.

One of the big problems I have with these films is the time travel, its so convoluted and it makes zero sense. If it made any sense the machines would just send back a bunch of T1000s to prehistoric times when humans were defenceless to wipe everybody out before anybody even knew what was going on. Lol I guess that wouldn't make for a good film, and the first 2 don't make much sense either but they're so scary and entertaining that you don't think about how nonsensical the storyline is.

I hear you about the time travel 'logic'

after having read many many many time travel stories (I love SF) I still wonder if it's really possible to come up with a time travel concept that leaves no plot holes at all

here's a classic Philip K Dick time travel story some of you might enjoy

http://sickmyduck.narod.ru/pkd002-0.html

interesting tidbit : PKD wrote this story after a major writer's block (a 'drought' that lasted about two years IIRC). the story reflects his weariness with SF, time travel and optimism about the US space program

it's one of the time travel stories I like best

Shaolin Master

Are there any decent looking people in this movie? The main roles are senior citizens and trannies.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Genisys was okay, watchable, I just caught it a week or so back. It was forgettable and the plot was a mess but Emilia Clarke is hot, she definitely helped the 2 hours pass. She was good in the Solo film too, which was underrated.

One of the big problems I have with these films is the time travel, its so convoluted and it makes zero sense. If it made any sense the machines would just send back a bunch of T1000s to prehistoric times when humans were defenceless to wipe everybody out before anybody even knew what was going on. Lol I guess that wouldn't make for a good film, and the first 2 don't make much sense either but they're so scary and entertaining that you don't think about how nonsensical the storyline is.
    good point , if i remember well though, i think the krogmags or prehistoric humans share a different DNA from us so wiping them out would be wiping them out, we would still be a thing .

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    good point , if i remember well though, i think the krogmags or prehistoric humans share a different DNA from us so wiping them out would be wiping them out, we would still be a thing .
    I don't know what you mean. If the terminators killed off all our ancestors we couldn't evolve and still exist to fight Skynet. We also couldn't have invented Skynet, so IDK what happens there.

Its the same paradox as Sara Connor trying to stop Skynet from taking over. What would actually happen if she stopped Skynet before it happened? Her whole life would be different, but how could it be different? She'd have to have been targeted by the terminator in order to change what happens, but then she wouldn't know about Skynet, so an Austrian farmer and a time travel sex tourist are always going to come back to fuck her life up. Lol.