Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cilvaringz & U-God

yeah, end of the day there is zero excuse for RZA's production in the last decade. There's wucorp producers I'd take a whole clan album from before RZA's ABT-style that literally caters to no music fan in the world.
    there's no reason why the person who I literally think is the greatest producer to live, makes music that atrocious

also, there is zero growth. he is doing FAR less with these beats than the incredible depth of sound layers he put on old beats. They're just different and lazy.
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 06-05-2019 at 11:48 AM.

lets be honest here, Rza is suffering from the one thing a lot of hip hop producers end up dealing with, after a while, you wanna be a musician, experiment, that illusion that you can create something incredible and out there that ignores the core rules of hip hop production. its all a case of believing your hype, actually thinking you can actually make music on the level of trained musicians who actually can create read music, sadly, as much as we love hip hop, it has its imitations in terms of expansion, you can try to expand beyond its core sound but chances are ,it will sound so outlandish or so foreign, it will alienate core fans. as much as i'm a proponent for experimentation in hip hop, i don't think this current mindset of fans are ready for that.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    RZA produced REC Room. Sample was from True's crates so RZA gave him the credit.

Tical 2000 needed more 4th (2 tracks) but RZA (4 tracks w/ the album version of Party Crashers), True (5 tracks) & the rest came through, though never was big on the Erick Sermon cuts or Break Ups.

GZA had just about as long-standing a relationship with Arabian Knight as 4th & True. Arabian Knight = Q-Base from Royal Fam. But agreed his production was weak compared to 4th & True.
    Know weve spoken About this before but few months back when I was making a custom US album and saw the interview where true said he made the beat in ‘91.

Couldnt find the interview now just people bringing it up on the forum.

Wu producer credits are interesting to say the least. Between guys like meth saying “rae and ghost had true master/4th” for cuban linx/ironman; and the occasional wrong credit, funny how 20 years later we still discussing who did what.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Meth said rae n Ghost had True and 4th??

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Meth said rae n Ghost had True and 4th??
    And gza

“What GZA and Raekwon’s albums had that my album didn’t have was True Master. True Master did a lot of joints on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. He did songs like ‘Assasination Day,’ ‘Fish,’ a few joints.“

https://www.complex.com/music/2011/1...ice-cream-1995

True master only credited with brooklyn zu and fish, know he references ironman songs but assassination day is listed as rza and he says a few more.

Know ive seen 4th in reference to cuban linx before but not in interviews or by 4th himself to my knowledge.

Figured youd know more than us.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 06-05-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    And gza

“What GZA and Raekwon’s albums had that my album didn’t have was True Master. True Master did a lot of joints on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. He did songs like ‘Assasination Day,’ ‘Fish,’ a few joints.“

https://www.complex.com/music/2011/1...ice-cream-1995

True master only credited with brooklyn zu and fish, know he references ironman songs but assassination day isnt one and he says a few more.
    The way he said it makes me think he's mixing up Ironman and Cuban Linx though. Because they performed these records a lot, and he just remembers the recording process. He might have never sat down to listen to the albums.

I remember from one of RZA's books that RZA did Assassination Day, because he said it was where he first played a guitar on a beat.

Its interesting that Meth even contributed to the beats back in the day though. Thanks for the link, reading it now.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    The way he said it makes me think he's mixing up Ironman and Cuban Linx though. Because they performed these records a lot, and he just remembers the recording process. He might have never sat down to listen to the albums.

I remember from one of RZA's books that RZA did Assassination Day, because he said it was where he first played a guitar on a beat.

Its interesting that Meth even contributed to the beats back in the day though. Thanks for the link, reading it now.
    Its also worth noting in 4th own lawsuit vs rza he doesny list any songs he wasnt credited as being owed money on.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3769...Al-COMPLAINT-2

Dont know if true masters suit is up there

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    lets be honest here, Rza is suffering from the one thing a lot of hip hop producers end up dealing with, after a while, you wanna be a musician, experiment, that illusion that you can create something incredible and out there that ignores the core rules of hip hop production. its all a case of believing your hype, actually thinking you can actually make music on the level of trained musicians who actually can create read music, sadly, as much as we love hip hop, it has its imitations in terms of expansion, you can try to expand beyond its core sound but chances are ,it will sound so outlandish or so foreign, it will alienate core fans. as much as i'm a proponent for experimentation in hip hop, i don't think this current mindset of fans are ready for that.
    Muggs strayed from his typical style for s bit them went back to making grimey beats...so maybe it's not too late for RZA. But he has the money to not GAF so probably not.

Well 4th did get co-producer credit for "Guillotine/Swords" on da Purple Tape. And Tru got his credit for "Brooklyn Zoo" and "Fish".
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by LordReveal View Post
    Well 4th did get co-producer credit for "Guillotine/Swords" on da Purple Tape. And Tru got his credit for "Brooklyn Zoo" and "Fish".
    Funny too cuz guillotines beat is on meths first and 4th coproduced sub crazy lol. Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by david daniel davis View Post
    i do not know why he cannot just make beats from scratch. He can sample birds chirping at four o'clock in the morning or a female cat in heat yowling and find some way to make it hot. We all know how strong rza's imagination is with sampling. He can take just about any ordinary sound and make something ill out of it. If he is worried about the birds or the cat coming at his ass for sampling them without permission, just give them credits in the liner notes. "contains a sample of birds chirping and a cat in heat outside my window." problem solved.
    lmaooo

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Funny too cuz guillotines beat is on meths first and 4th coproduced sub crazy lol. Who knows
    Word, I forgot about “Sub Crazy”. That’s co-produced by 4th as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordReveal View Post
    Word, I forgot about “Sub Crazy”. That’s co-produced by 4th as well.
    I heard konichiwa bitches today. Crazy that RZA produced this. So many styles. I wonder if he got this from RZA's yellow box.
    It's the god, god.

Quote Originally Posted by grt05 View Post
    I heard konichiwa bitches today. Crazy that RZA produced this. So many styles. I wonder if he got this from RZA's yellow box.
    That was 2006, he was still using samples (or at least regularly releasing beats with samples) up until 2009/2010. His beats on 4:21 are fantastic, he should have done the whole album.

Fire.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    That was 2006, he was still using samples (or at least regularly releasing beats with samples) up until 2009/2010. His beats on 4:21 are fantastic, he should have done the whole album.

Fire.
    About a year before 4:21 was released, Meth announced in an interview that his album was going to be produced by Rza in its entirety. In the same interview, he said the working title was something like Ticallion Stallion or something like that; and that he was 6 tracks deep with Rza (at the time of the interview).
    Then at some point in the course of the year, him and Rza had a major falling out over some broad they were training on tour. Rza went back to jerking off about cameos in Judd Apatow flicks.
    Such a shame that this version of the album didn't materialise. Judging from the Rza beats that are on 4:21(intro included), he was back to his old aesthetic quality. It really is a tragedy because with Rza truly exec producing that album, 4:21 could have been the Supreme Clientele of the naughties. Instead we get a half decent album, with fillers and commercial crap occupying the remainder. That being said, even if RZA had exec this, Def Jam would still have demanded commercial songs on here.