Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was “IRON VACATION” off Supreme Clientele OG tracklist actually “WHAT YOU IN FO?”

PRODIGAL SUN

Default Was “IRON VACATION” off Supreme Clientele OG tracklist actually “WHAT YOU IN FO?”

Something I always thought was true.

01. One
    02. Cobra Clutch
    03. Malcolm
    04. Mighty Healthy
    05. Apollo Kids (ft. Raekwon)
    06. Windpipe (ft. RZA & ODB)
    07. In The Rain
    08. Nutmeg (ft. RZA)
    09. Thermastat (ft. Ray Luger)
    10. Wu Banga 101 (ft. GZA, Cappa, Masta & Rae)
    11. Pain (ft. Beretta 9 & Superb)
    12. Ghost Deini (ft. Superb)
    13. Iron Vacation (ft. Wu-Tang Clan)

The OG SC has this track listed at the end; a supposed ode to ghost being locked up at the time. I figured this track was tacked on due to ghost being gone to finish the album. It never releases but we have some details on it:

Members of the Wu-Tang Clan are recording a tribute to colleague Ghostface Killah, who's facing a three-month stretch behind bars. The song, "Iron Vacation," will be featured on his upcoming solo album, Supreme Clientele, according to Epic Records publicist Jon Oliver. Oliver said Wu-Tang producer RZA, fellow member Raekwon the Chef and associate Cappadonna have recorded vocals so far, and others, including Method Man, may contribute. Scheduling conflicts caused by Ghostface Killah's six-month sentence for attempted robbery -- he's expected to serve three months -- have delayed the release of Supreme Clientele until late summer.

The line up is supposably rza rae cap and meth on ironvacation.

Ghost comes out, finishes album, next year another jail record drops in “what you in fo” that has exact same lineup except instead of cap we have streetlife (also the era rza was “beefing” with cap and cut him off iron flag).

I just dont think this is a coincidence. Wu never really stuck to topic too much, i dont see them making a jail record about ghost, it would be what we ended up getting for what you in fo. Also , the song features popa wu who only really made appearances on rae,ghost and wu projects.

I just think that this is for sure the same song. Could be wrong, but seeing cobra clutch and windpipe made it soundtracks/comps as well, just makes sense when the line up is pretty much exact, the topic is the same, etc.

Interesting theory but I highly doubt it. “What You In For” was specifically made for the OZ Soundtrack, being that OZ was an HBO show centered on inmates at a state prison. I’m pretty sure “Iron Vacation” is a completely different track and chances are they probably didnt even finish recording it.
    Last edited by LordReveal; 06-05-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

PRODIGAL SUN

Was it made just for the oz soundtrack tho? Knownits on there, but Wu always gave cuts from albums away to soundtracks so really dont see them creating one from scratch.

Just what are the chances of rza,meth,rae making TWO prison songs in 2 years under the name wutang clan.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Something I always thought was true.

01. One
    02. Cobra Clutch
    03. Malcolm
    04. Mighty Healthy
    05. Apollo Kids (ft. Raekwon)
    06. Windpipe (ft. RZA & ODB)
    07. In The Rain
    08. Nutmeg (ft. RZA)
    10. Wu Banga 101 (ft. GZA, Cappa, Masta & Rae)
    12. Ghost Deini (ft. Superb)
    13. Iron Vacation (ft. Wu-Tang Clan)

The OG SC has this track listed at the end; a supposed ode to ghost being locked up at the time. I figured this track was tacked on due to ghost being gone to finish the album. It never releases but we have some details on it:

Members of the Wu-Tang Clan are recording a tribute to colleague Ghostface Killah, who's facing a three-month stretch behind bars. The song, "Iron Vacation," will be featured on his upcoming solo album, Supreme Clientele, according to Epic Records publicist Jon Oliver. Oliver said Wu-Tang producer RZA, fellow member Raekwon the Chef and associate Cappadonna have recorded vocals so far, and others, including Method Man, may contribute. Scheduling conflicts caused by Ghostface Killah's six-month sentence for attempted robbery -- he's expected to serve three months -- have delayed the release of Supreme Clientele until late summer.

The line up is supposably rza rae cap and meth on ironvacation.

Ghost comes out, finishes album, next year another jail record drops in “what you in fo” that has exact same lineup except instead of cap we have streetlife (also the era rza was “beefing” with cap and cut him off iron flag).

I just dont think this is a coincidence. Wu never really stuck to topic too much, i dont see them making a jail record about ghost, it would be what we ended up getting for what you in fo. Also , the song features popa wu who only really made appearances on rae,ghost and wu projects.

I just think that this is for sure the same song. Could be wrong, but seeing cobra clutch and windpipe made it soundtracks/comps as well, just makes sense when the line up is pretty much exact, the topic is the same, etc.
    I dont think it was for supreme clientele , look like it was done during iron flag its true master the beat is like yall been warned and there is also meth raek and rza ( i think its the same session a leftover of iron flag)
    And for windpipe diddo it the bobby digital style during the swarm... dope

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by truemath4th View Post
    I dont think it was for supreme clientele , look like it was done during iron flag its true master the beat is like yall been warned and there is also meth raek and rza ( i think its the same session a leftover of iron flag)
    And for windpipe diddo it the bobby digital style during the swarm... dope
    Well the oz soundtrack dropped january 01 a year after supreme so it was prolly the w sessions if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Well the oz soundtrack dropped january 01 a year after supreme so it was prolly the w sessions if anything.
    Imagine that! This sound was on iron flag or the wu ?? Like abduction or even the true master beat he done to afu ra with gza at the same time...

Plus the beat he dit for cappa ( super model ) at the same year
    So sad😟😉

Where the hell did this tracklist come from?

And what are these tracks about? Never heard about them.If What You In Fo' was supposed to be Iron Vacation. Don't you think we would have heard about it by now? It's an interesting theory, but I think we would have known by now. Plus, I remember Ringz chiming in on this that the track is real and he heard it. If it was true, he probably would have shared that.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

nada ignorante

Oz was the shit man. The OST was dope too
    N.I.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    Where the hell did this tracklist come from?

And what are these tracks about? Never heard about them.If What You In Fo' was supposed to be Iron Vacation. Don't you think we would have heard about it by now? It's an interesting theory, but I think we would have known by now. Plus, I remember Ringz chiming in on this that the track is real and he heard it. If it was true, he probably would have shared that.

I was at the last stages of SC recordings. Saw Buck 50 being recorded and helped a bit with the sample on Ghost Deini. Then heard a few songs off the album and I believe I heard Iron Vacation which i believe was a dedication to ODB who was locked up at that time. Could be wrong, long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Oz was the shit man. The OST was dope too
    Finished watching the whole series 2-3 months ago. That shit was heavy. Fucking kills & rapes on almost every episode. Lord Jamar basically playing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I was at the last stages of SC recordings. Saw Buck 50 being recorded and helped a bit with the sample on Ghost Deini. Then heard a few songs off the album and I believe I heard Iron Vacation which i believe was a dedication to ODB who was locked up at that time. Could be wrong, long time ago.
    Cool. Which one the Canadian version or the other one?

And Iron Vacation for ODB? But all the reports always talked about it being for Ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Is it true that your homie Moongod Allah did something on the "Apollo Kids" track? I remember reading something like that but I don't think he is mentioned in the album booklet

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    Cool. Which one the Canadian version or the other one?
    He means RZA's Ghost Deini.

The Canadian version by the Blaquesmiths is the same Ruthless Bastards-Bastards beat that was already on The Swarm in 98.

And the initial press was always Iron Vacation as a dedication to Ghost as they were finishing up his album while he was locked for his gun charge.

http://www.mtv.com/news/512003/wu-ta...stface-killah/

I always thought maybe it turned into Buck 50 just off the line-up but Cilva seems to confirm it's a separate track we still haven't heard.