Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tarantino/jj abrams working on a star trek film

Default tarantino/jj abrams working on a star trek film

yo..................... greatness is coming

https://www.newsarama.com/37624-quen...6twitterdlvrit

QUENTIN TARANTINO Developing STAR TREK Film (With Help from J.J. ABRAMS) - Report

Quentin Tarantino is in talks with Star Trek producer (and former director) J.J. Abrams to write and direct a new Star Trek film, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The duo reportedly plan to organize a writers room to flesh out the project before formally pitching it to Paramount Pictures.Tarantino has previously stated his appreciation for the Star Trek franchise, going back to the 1960s television series.
    "The only thing that limited them was their '60s budget and eight-day shooting schedule," Tarantino said in a 2015 Nerdist interview. "You could take some of the classic Star Trek episodes and easily expand them to 90 minutes or more and really do some amazing, amazing stuff.

The Hateful Eight director pointed to Star Trek: The Next Generation's "Yesterday's Enterprise" as one of his favorite of the franchise.
    Folloing the release of Star Trek Beyond in 2016, Paramount announced plans for a fourth film focusing on Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) and his deceased father (Chris Hemsworth). No other development on that project has been made public.

I can't imagine this being a good fit. But I don't like Star Trek anyway, even the new ones are too camp and dated to me. I guess it would be interesting, but it sounds more like an SNL skit than anything else.

Rather see him do the shit that he does, like his Charles Manson thing thats about to start filming.

Yeah kinda weird combo. Tarantino has never done anything like this before but who knows.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

ive Always wanted the unexpected directors to take on space, Im always interested in different director's take on space and science fiction. I'm very excited about this if it happens, his style of directing isn't limited to just one genre...i had observations about him pulling off a western and he killed it with the hateful 8 so to see what concept he could come up with would be interesting...This is the kinda guy to make a whole movie about a robbery on a spaceship gone wrong and make it dope....again..refer to hateful 8

I agree about a very odd combo but it should be very interesting at least. tarantino's my favorite director by far, itd be cooler if he was working on an original sci fi movie since he can probably only do so much within the star trek universe

whatever happens though I think it'll be good. fan of Star Trek too, I think the new movies have at least been way better than the newer Star Wars movies

Basically Westerns = Crime drama. I think westerns have always been a big influence on him from the start so it wasn't a big departure with Django and H8. I think he could do space or some kind of Sci-Fi quite well, but Star Trek seems far out of his wheelhouse and an odd move.

We'll see anyway, I had to watch the last Star Trek movie and I wasn't impressed.

I think Tarantino will be able to put his spin on the franchise. Of course, in nautical terms lol, a franchise like that is a tanker, and it's notoriously difficult to change the course of such large ships. That being said, I think this could turn out to be an interesting Star Trek movie.
    Retired.

Star Trek is starting to have its own separate universes, discovery was a good example of Star Trek delving away from the original lore and doing its own thing, most didn’t care for the fact u had to pay to see it but i liked it, it took a many risks a usual start Trek show wouldn’t dare take so if Tarantino could direct a stand alone Star Trek Spin, the potential is limitless there
    Last edited by RADIOACTIVE MAN; 12-08-2017 at 10:20 AM.

man..it gets even better

https://www.newsarama.com/37693-tara...6twitterdlvrit

TARANTINO's STAR TREK To Be Rated-R - Report

Director Quentin Tarantino met with screenwriters this week for his reported Star Trekfilm, according to Deadline. The trade reports that The Revenant screenwriter Mark L. Smith is the frontrunner, alongside writers Lindsey Beer and Drew Pearce.
    What's more, Deadline says that the film will be rated-R - which would be a first for the Star Trekfranchise. Tarantino is reportedly developing the project with J.J. Abrams, though it's also said Paramount has not officially greenlit the project.
    No further details about the potential plot, era, or continuity of the purported film have been reported.

damn, they arent playin around with this movie. Revenant was a great film too

yea....it seems like they are trying to REALLY GO THERE this time,im 100% all for this

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/173...could-be-about

What Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Could Be About

^^thanks mayne
    Retired.

I was always hoping tarantino would take up direxting alien or predator.

Not sure what to expect for star trek but i think he will be able to pull it off.
    He's got the experience and will push the envelope.

He did really good for that csi episode he directed.
    Still one of my favorite episodes to this date

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    I was always hoping tarantino would take up direxting alien or predator.

Not sure what to expect for star trek but i think he will be able to pull it off.
    He's got the experience and will push the envelope.

He did really good for that csi episode he directed.
    Still one of my favorite episodes to this date
    a Tarantino predator would be fucking insane