Thread: Shaft with Samuel Jackson, Regina Hall, music rapper Method Man and Alexandra Shipp

-

Default Shaft with Samuel Jackson, Regina Hall, music rapper Method Man and Alexandra Shipp

I saw new Shaft movie on father's day last month. I liked the new Shaft. But the only problem I had with the movie was the big age gap between Samuel Jackson and Regina Hall. Samuel and Regina used to be married. They have a son. Samuel is 71 years old. Regina is 49 years old LOL. Regina could've been Samuel's daughter LOL. I would've rather seen Pam Grier or Lonette McKee play Samuel's ex-wife because they're closer to Samuel's age. Pam and Lonette have gained weight. But so what. They're still good actors. I was surprised to see music rapper Method Man of Wu Tang Clan in Shaft movie. The previous Shaft movie that came out in 2000 with Samuel Jackson, Richard Roundtree, Vanessa Williams, Jeffrey Wright, music rapper Busta Rhymes, Christian Bale and Mekhi Phifer is better than the new Shaft. RIP to movie director John Singleton who directed Shaft in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

This is getting terrible critic reviews.

A lot of people pointed out that Roundtree is only 5 years older than Sam Jackson and is playing his dad.

-

I've never cared what white movie critics say about black movies LOL. Richard Roundtree is 6 years older than Samuel Jackson. Richard was Samuel's uncle in Shaft.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

I've never cared what white movie critics say about black movies LOL.

i don't care what old man racists such as lord nose think about movies in general.

I've never cared what white movie critics say about black movies LOL. Richard Roundtree is 6 years older than Samuel Jackson. Richard was Samuel's uncle in Shaft.
    He played his uncle in Shaft 2000. In the new film, Roundtree plays Jackson's father. They've mentioned this in every review of the film. I'm inclined to trust them over you.

To be honest I might watch it anyway. Usually critic and audience reviews are broadly in line but with this film there's a huge disparity between the 2. It might be one of those where the critics are just wrong.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Did you see it with your father since it was Father's Day?

Popcorn AND Jujyfruits? That's rich.

This was entertaining. Baby Shaft is a millennial nerd and Sam Jackson is a total prick to him through the whole movie lol.

Yeah I think the critics were wrong, the movie is ridiculous on purpose. Not an amazing movie, and its really more of a nostalgic spoof than anything else. Spoiler alert: The subtext of the film is the death of toxic masculinity.

good one sha lol, toxic masculinity isn't real.

Brock, toxic masculinity is a very REAL thing and something that I have to deal with everyday. Please educate yourself more.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Good movie.
    I like how Black it is