Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: midsommar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Judging from what movies soul has (rarely) posted that he likes, he seems like a casual film fan who doesn't care about the art form.

Anyway this has been well reviewed. I'm guessing Brock pulled that feedback from his facebook feed or something.

Movies don't need to be literally realistic all the time to make very real points about life.

I'd only post up a movie, if I thought I was amazing/out the box... which ihave done in the past (just my movie posts. )

but nothing I've seen has topped Cloud Atlas..,, best movies ive seen in recent years,, probably was UPGRADE.

I prefer low budget, great story lines,, that make you think.. shamefully Hollywood just repeats the same shit in every genre.

if you aint checked upgrade I very much recommend it.
    The cinematography and physical acting in this movie was just incredible

review from imdb

Really enjoyed this movie. A very good dose of future technology and where it would lead us to. We are already seeing the birth of some of the concepts shown in this movie and like with any technology there will be good usage and bad. I dont understand the bad comments on violence as it is "indirect" (without giving away). Fast paced and suspenseful. Logan Marshall-Green acted well without any "overacting" or showing off. Screen play and direction were very good. It is original concept and I did not see any connection with Death wish or other movies - not even close or people did not understand the movie?

oh and I aint a casual movie fan. I watch a lot of movies.. but why write or recommend them when their just average at best..
    Last edited by soul controller; 07-09-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Hopefully Hollywood's obsession with big budget sequels, reboots and interchangeable comic book movies will decline soon. 2019 has been a bad year for them so far because they put all their eggs in that basket.

I want to see all the low budget Sci-Fi, and psychological movies. The technology means they can be impressive these days. Of course I like auteur directors so I don't mind a blockbuster budget if its done well like a Nolan movie.

i heard some comparing it to the wicker man. i hope not, the one with nicholas cage was horrible.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    I'd only post up a movie, if I thought I was amazing/out the box... which ihave done in the past (just my movie posts. )

but nothing I've seen has topped Cloud Atlas..,, best movies ive seen in recent years,, probably was UPGRADE.

I prefer low budget, great story lines,, that make you think.. shamefully Hollywood just repeats the same shit in every genre.

if you aint checked upgrade I very much recommend it.
    The cinematography and physical acting in this movie was just incredible

review from imdb

Really enjoyed this movie. A very good dose of future technology and where it would lead us to. We are already seeing the birth of some of the concepts shown in this movie and like with any technology there will be good usage and bad. I dont understand the bad comments on violence as it is "indirect" (without giving away). Fast paced and suspenseful. Logan Marshall-Green acted well without any "overacting" or showing off. Screen play and direction were very good. It is original concept and I did not see any connection with Death wish or other movies - not even close or people did not understand the movie?

oh and I aint a casual movie fan. I watch a lot of movies.. but why write or recommend them when their just average at best..
    could you school me on what was so good about cloud atlas? I skipped that one and never really had a desire to watch