Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Killarmy : Musical Terrorist

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    it's produced by Andrew Kelley
    Oh that Soul Temple producer?
    Well it's definitely not his best work.
    It just doesn't fit Killarmy (in my opinion).

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I liked the beat well enough. rhyme level was what I expected : so and so. 9th's verse was decent imo. shogun was okay too. islord brought the energy with his intense voice but that's about it, not like his lyrics are sharp. Not one memorable line on the whole track though.

I thought it was okay for what it was but I'm not blown away. Andrew Kelley did alright on the beat but he's no 4th. Kelley did put effort into the beat with the dialogue snippets, the beat breaks and the guitar outro ; it's definitely not like he phoned it in. In my book he's a good producer in his own right. If rock or say guitars aren't your thing I understand why the beat would be a turn off. worked for me though.

Dom P & Killa Sin are sorely missed in the lyrics department

honestly I think this is about as good as these guys can do on their own. I think it's good to at least to see them in a group setting again and turning out product.

9th has a good ear for beats so some of the other tracks might have better beats

@ Grüne Hornisse : The Collector isn't even a real account, just put the dude on ignore
    You make a good point. This is the best we are going to get from them in this day and age. I thought 9th mentioned that he was producing the album, so I was surprised to see that Andrew Kelley is on this.
    For me though, this track is a filler - no way near memorable enough to be the lead single (if that is what it is). They will require a plethora of features from the likes of Sunz and Timbo, to pad out the album. If 9th can hit his older brother up for some gems from the vault (a la Tanasia) - that will also go a long way.
    I won't be able to take a whole album of Beretta and 9th over mediocre tracks like this though.

Shit was nice in my opinion. It felt more like a 9th Prince feat Killarmy track then a Killarmy track. But that was okay for me. Hope they deliver their new album really soon, cuz this effort definitely makes me hungry for more...

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I liked the beat well enough. rhyme level was what I expected : so and so. 9th's verse was decent imo. shogun was okay too. islord brought the energy with his intense voice but that's about it, not like his lyrics are sharp. Not one memorable line on the whole track though.

I thought it was okay for what it was but I'm not blown away. Andrew Kelley did alright on the beat but he's no 4th. Kelley did put effort into the beat with the dialogue snippets, the beat breaks and the guitar outro ; it's definitely not like he phoned it in. In my book he's a good producer in his own right. If rock or say guitars aren't your thing I understand why the beat would be a turn off. worked for me though.

Dom P & Killa Sin are sorely missed in the lyrics department

honestly I think this is about as good as these guys can do on their own. I think it's good to at least to see them in a group setting again and turning out product.

9th has a good ear for beats so some of the other tracks might have better beats

@ Grüne Hornisse : The Collector isn't even a real account, just put the dude on ignore
    Thank u brother. God bless u

Shaolin Master

All wu fans should support them no matter what? If shyheim ran over your ugly girlfriend or killa sin shot your big mama, would you still support them? You're an idiot. lmao

Shaolin Master

Hal Incandenza, keep french kissing those dirty cockroaches in the US of A.

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    Hal Incandenza, keep french kissing those dirty cockroaches in the US of A.
    must be hard when sinfullycute's not answering your love letters

this is what happens when you have no 4th disciple or DOM P

thats all imma say

nada ignorante

This album is only gonna hurt their legacy imo...

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    This album is only gonna hurt their legacy imo...
    Exactly that. If this single is anything to go by, FMJ will reek of mediocrity. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong... but I highly doubt it.

Props 2 Mythrandir and Hal inca. Nice comments.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Wu tang forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post
    Exactly that. If this single is anything to go by, FMJ will reek of mediocrity. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong... but I highly doubt it.
    need more Beatjitzu & Burk on the new album

I had low expectations n tbh the track was much better than I expected. The beat was dope IMO. And I thought it was very killarmy tbh. Those guys r all below average rappers, but all 3 of them sounded better than they did on any previous killarmy album. Which is still below average, but listenable and enjoyable enough.

I'd b more than happy to listen to an album of this quality level. As long as these guys r actually doing this cos they want to, and they're enjoying themselves, then I'm all for it. If they were just doing it for the sake of putting out a new killarmy album then I'd b opposed to it.

For anyone who knew 4th and Dom p were gonna play no part in this but were still interested, I don't know what u were expecting. Personally this definitely exceeded my expectations.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grüne Hornisse View Post
    Props 2 Mythrandir and Hal inca. Nice comments.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Wu tang forever.
    Props to you too Green Hornet!
    I hope your weekend is an exceptional one.
    Keep doin yo thing!