Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Killarmy - Full Metal Jackets .. out now 4-10-2020

Knowledge Seeker

Album's hot, sure it's not like the trilogy, but it's a banger. The guest verses are all good from artists I listen to. It's better than I expected, really no trash joints, just like the old Killarmy albums. PEACE

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

9th has a solid discography. Re-listened to Granddaddy Flow yesterday - straight flames.

If he’d released this album as a 9th Prince project, people would have praised it for its features. But as a “Killarmy” album, the features/line-up kind of work against it. Just goes to show, it’s all about how a product is marketed; and artists often take the wrong route.

Back in the day, the Killarmy name on the CD cover would have helped shift more units. But in the digital/streaming era, you can’t scam your listeners so easy.

To me, this new project is a great listen and will get plenty of (digital) spins. That’s all that matters to me.

9th said on twitter a new killarmy album is coming

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeLo View Post

1. The Virus (Intro)

2. Combat Neurosis (Feat. El Camnio)
    Of course 9th has to let everyone know he produced the album lol. This is one of the best tracks on the album though. First verse is Hoffa for those Wondering he dropped a solid verse. I liked El Camino on here he fit perfectly, solid bars. 9th dropped his best verse on the album here. Feeling the beat on here, They had to make sure they set the album off right. 4.5/5

3.Cinema Sinister (Feat. William Cooper & Willie the Kid)
    I would've given this song a higher rating if anyone else but Islord was on here. He can't keep up with these guys I don't know who's idea it was to put him on here alone. Cooper & Willie body their verses but Islord just ruins the track. I like the beat on here too. Dom Pachino would've been perfect on this track. 3/5

4. Mediterranean Flow (Feat. Rev Burk & Cappadonna)
    As we all know this is "Saturday Night Heat" over a 9th Prince beat, don't know why they changed the original beat from the Wu-Corp. guy but ok. I still like this track, everyone came correct on here just in & out with the verses. Also this is the only track that features Beretta 9. I know his fans are disappointed about that. Solid track here. 4/5

5. Rusty Dangs (Feat. Planet Asia & Rass Kass)
    This sounds like it was taken off 9th Prince solo and just added to this project. Song doesn't sound mastered correctly. I like Planet Asia on here but that's about it Beat doesn't do enough for me to keep me interested. Rass Kass was ok and 9th was weak on here. 3/5

6. Just Like Prison (Feat. STIC Man)
    Wack. Beat is wack. Weak loops. Islord is wack on here, Shogun is wack on here, Hook is wack. By the time STIC Man comes in it's just too late for this song. 2/5

7. Star Wars (Feat. Timbo King & Masta Ace)
    This is one of my favorites on the album, top 3 definitely. Solid beat here. Timbo set this shit off right, straight bars. I rewind his part everytime. I hope he drops another album. Masta Ace follows up with another solid verse as well. Shogun has a cool verse on here he sounds focused, probably his best verse on the album. 9th ends it off well with a solid verse. 4.5/5

8. Shootout Pt. 2 (Feat. LA the Darkman)
    I like this one right here, I hate part two's though. But this is still a solid track, LA the Darkman spit flames on here. I wish he would've had some more bars on here instead of Islord. Islord came correct on here, this is definitely his best verse on the album. Shoguns flow is all over the place on here IDK what he's going for. 9th ends it with a solid verse. 3.5/5

9. Wake Up Pt. 2 (Feat. Ill Bill, 60 Second Assassin & Killah Priest)
    I hate when they do part two's. This is a simple loop right here on the beat this could've been better if they just made an entirely different beat. That's my major problem with this one. All of the MC's came correct on here 9th had a solid verse, Bill did. Sunz of Man had great verses on here I loved hearing 60 and Priest going after each other on here they spit flames on this one. I just wish they just rhymed over a different beat. 3.5/5

10. Musical Terrorist
    This the only song on the album with just Killarmy on it and honestly it's wack. Beat is wack, Bars are wack. 9th prince screaming on the track for no reason. Shogun & Islord not really giving out the energy needed to make this a hot track. 2/5

11. Living Legends (Feat. Prodigal Sunn)
    This is a pretty solid track right here, I like the simple loop here and Prodigal Sunn is just flowing and spitting bars on this one. He still has that fire in him. Shogun has a solid verse on here to end it off, flow sounds off but It's not too bad. 4/5

Beats - 4/5
    Lyrics - 3.5/5
    Overall - 3.5/5

I may have given this album a different rating if this was advertised as a 9th prince solo album which I believe it was originally intended to be. I believe that because 9th Has the most verses on here and there's barely any Killarmy on here. Which is understandable to a certain degree because they have to make up for the loss of Dom Pachino & Killa Sin but still. There's only 1 song on the album with the group on it by itself which doesn't seem right for a Killarmy album. Also, they are outshined by most of the guests on this album. Islord & Shogun struggled on here lyrically which was disappointing. Even more disappointing was the 1 verse from Beretta 9 which was years old by the way. 9th Did an decent job on the production, beats were better than I expected, there were still some wack joints on here but overall beats were pretty solid for the most part. 9th is already saying there's another album droppin, so we'll see. Hopefully Dom Pachino & 4th will be on it. This is still good for what it is. I'm not going to waste my time comparing it to the original trilogy.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    9th said on twitter a new killarmy album is coming
    Other than this one?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Other than this one?
    Yes obviously.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Yo Kinetic just “honorably discharges himself from Killarmy “ on his instagram . shit is crazier than we think. New LP is trash imo.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Shit is pretty dope for what it is. Star Wars is crazy dope! 5/5 track for me

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Hope he gets his dd-214 from Ninth Prince.

I have just finished listening to the new Killarmy LP and since I decided I would give it a shot, I had to listen to it several times. I thought that track-by-track review would be the best form of it. At the end of the review I grade beats, lyrics + delivery, overall repeatable value of the album.

1. The Virus (Intro)
    Simple intro, related to today situation with COVID-19. Not good, not bad. I ain't gonna grade it since nobody's spitting on this one.

2. Combat Neurosis (feat. ElCamino)
    9th Prince's bragging about producing this album but it's really not something he should be proud of lol. The beat is very simple and has nothing much to do with the old Killarmy stlye. 9th Prince sounds ok for him but his off-beat style of rapping is tiresome. Don't know who's ElCamino. Really nothing special 2/5

3. Cinema Sinister (feat. William Cooper & Willie the Kid)
    The beat here is good and the featuring guests also sound nice. I like the Willie the Kid verse. I am disappointed with Islord verse. I'm pretty sure it's not the beat he recorded his verse to cause he's totally off-beat. 3/5.

4. Mediterraneans Flow (feat. Cappadonna & Rev Bruk)
    Another terrible, level-1 FL Studio beat which bores you after the first listen made by 9th Prince. The verses are good except Cappadonna who sound exactly like Cappadonna in the several previous years. 9th Prince be fantasying about Erykah Badu. Shogun spit nice verse on this one. 2/5

5. Rusty Dangs (feat. Planet Asia & Rass Kass)
    Planet Asia stole the show imho here. The beat would've been better if it had been mixed properly. Overall, ok track but nothing more. 3/5

6. Just Like Prison (feat. Stic)
    No, just no. 1/5

7. Starr Wars (feat. Timbo King & Masta Ace)
    Thank God for Masta Ace and Timbo King. They delivered really well on this one. If the beat was better, I would've wanted to lsiten to it again more. 3/5

8. Shootout Pt. 2 (feat. La the Darkman)
    Another track with Islord in which I'm sure the beat was changed cause he sounded terrible. La the Darkman is dope and the beat is kind of nice. One of the best on the album for sure. 3/5

9. Wake Up Pt. 2 (feat. Ill Bill, 60 Sec. Assassin & Killah Priest)
    I guess it's my fav track on the album. I don't mind the beat is bit from the Part I. It sounds like a Killarmy track! I was positively surprised with the 60 Sec verse. It's one of his best verse for a long time! Killah Priest's a God as always! It's funny how the best track on the album was not produced by 9th Prince lol4/5

10. Musical Terrorist
    The only track that doesn't have any guest appearances only Killarmy members. It's not good not bad. It has the old flava but the verses are terrible and stupid thus 2.5/5

11. Living Legends (feat. Prodigal Sunn)
    Prodigal Sunn saves the track. Liked his verse and the beat is not bad to be honest. Shogun sounds amazing here! Top 3 track probably 3/5

It's not Killarmy album. It's another 9th Prince album. The beats are mostly wack and for people who'll write I should've given that trakc higher rating, please go listen to old KIllarmy album and pick the wackest track on it and I promise you it'll be better than most tracks on this album. You can hear that none of the have aged well and they don't sound as good as they used to. 9th Prince's always been terrible rapper and now we know he's a terrible producer as well yet there are few not bad beats here and he had some nice lines as well.

The major problem is that it doesn't sound like Killarmy album but a compilation album and I think it hasnt been mixed and mastered properly or mastered at all cause there's no coherence, no chemistry. You can hear the lack of Dom P on this one. I think he'd been helpful in recording that album. If it wasn't for featured artists, it would've been 1/5 album

Beats - 2/5
    Lyrics - 2.5/5
    Repeatable value - 1/5
    Overall - 2
    Last edited by soob; 04-14-2020 at 07:38 AM.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

The album is cool for what it is. 9th is nice with the beats.

4 New Killarmy Projects dropping according to 9th Prince:
    9th Prince - Shaolin Prince (December 2020)
    Killa Sin - Arch Nemesis
    Islord - The Thief of Bagdad
    Killarmy - Silent Bombs Quiet Wars

9th flow has improved dramatically if only he rapped like this 20 years ago. The few tracks I heard were ok but this is definitely not a Killarmy album, it should be more of a 9th prince/Killarmy presents type album? lol Wake up Pt2 started off ok, but went down hill fast lol. it sounded more like a bad remix hahaha.

People are right when they say it’s not a Killarmy album without 4th, Pr and Killa Sin.

peace

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    4 New Killarmy Projects dropping according to 9th Prince:
    9th Prince - Shaolin Prince (December 2020)
    Killa Sin - Arch Nemesis
    Islord - The Thief of Bagdad
    Killarmy - Silent Bombs Quiet Wars
    I got excited when I saw Killa Sin, then I brought myself back to reality