Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Killarmy - Full Metal Jackets .. out now 4-10-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    4 New Killarmy Projects dropping according to 9th Prince:
    9th Prince - Shaolin Prince (December 2020)
    Killa Sin - Arch Nemesis
    Islord - The Thief of Bagdad
    Killarmy - Silent Bombs Quiet Wars
    Just got my copy and saw this. Definitely looking forward to all the new albums dropping. Don’t understand what the dislike for “Full Metal Jackets” is about. Although I definitely wish the album had all the members on it, it’s still a very ill album. 9th Prince is ill with the production as well. Not sure what’s going on with P.R. Terrorist and the members, but worth a note that on “The Shootout Pt. 2”...at the end when Islord is shouting out the crew, he mentions everyone in the crew by name, including those not on the track like Killa Sin and Beretta 9...but he doesn’t mention Dom P. Thought that was kind of revealing yo. Combine that with the obvious absence of P.R. from the album, album art, etc...and what do you have? I don’t know, and I don’t want to speculate, but I hope it’s not the case that he’s no longer in the group. I hope everything can get worked out for the best going forward. Would definitely be ill to hear the entire group on the next album “Silent Bombs Quiet Wars.”
    Last edited by Illgod; 05-11-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Peace CT

Realistically, prob just gonna see the 9th Prince solo album out of all those listed. He’s been talking about that for years. B9 said on IG that now he is out of group too. So another group album isn’t looking too good. As they continue to lose members. Islord album? Nobody would care although I thought he was aight on this one to be honest. Killa Sin album? Just stop it. They couldn’t even get a verse on this. New album is solid though. I just take it for what it is. I know it’s not a real Killarmy album. Peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Realistically, prob just gonna see the 9th Prince solo album out of all those listed. He’s been talking about that for years. B9 said on IG that now he is out of group too. So another group album isn’t looking too good. As they continue to lose members. Islord album? Nobody would care although I thought he was aight on this one to be honest. Killa Sin album? Just stop it. They couldn’t even get a verse on this. New album is solid though. I just take it for what it is. I know it’s not a real Killarmy album. Peace
    My thoughts exactly.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Lolz, I just wrote a review for this n then copied it before I hit submit, but it gave me an error message n then the text was not there when I hit paste. What a cunt.

Anyway, it's a cool listen. I enjoy it. Not a killarmy album at all, obviously, but an enjoyable listen no less.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Islord should really work on his lyrics. It’s on amateur level. His voice is cool tho but it’s been downhill with the bars

^when I heard his contributions I honestly wondered if he purposely tries to be as whack as possible for the sake of consistency and lolz. I can't comprehend somebody who is around hip hop that much being so, so terrible at it, lolz.

I don't think he rhymes outside of the studio. no shows I guess, no solo albums, no guest appearances either btw. he wasn't that solid to start with + no practice in the last couple of years

He's one of those guys who sucks but I still enjoy his rapping somehow. I don't know how that works, I guess he has 'personality'.

islord is to killarmy what flava flav is to PE.

they exist for a reason, the hypeness of their voice keeps you engaged , especially in a track where some monotony might persist.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Lolz, I just wrote a review for this n then copied it before I hit submit, but it gave me an error message n then the text was not there when I hit paste. What a cunt.

Anyway, it's a cool listen. I enjoy it. Not a killarmy album at all, obviously, but an enjoyable listen no less.
    Yeah something it's wrong with this website, if you take too long to respond after you log in it logs you out. I had to copy my review on notepad before I put in on here.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

^mine wasn't that long anyway. Just a few observations.

On islord again, I'm gonna concur that some sick n twisted part of me also enjoys his verses, lolz, n that yeah, his presence does add value. But that being said, he's still absolutely fucking terrible, lolz.

PRODIGAL SUN

Islord is tolerable if the beat is right, funny I actually bumped into him on my local bus 1 evening

he can bring energy to a track with his voice (if not his delivery)
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-27-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holocaust View Post
    Islord is tolerable if the beat is right, funny I actually bumped into him on my local bus 1 evening
    The only time he was Tolerable to be honest was Dirty Weaponry and when he caught a 2nd Wind during the early days of myspace and was dropping a bunch of tracks with that guy Zu. That's probably some of his best work.

Quote Originally Posted by Illgod View Post
    Just got my copy and saw this. Definitely looking forward to all the new albums dropping. Don’t understand what the dislike for “Full Metal Jackets” is about. Although I definitely wish the album had all the members on it, it’s still a very ill album. 9th Prince is ill with the production as well. Not sure what’s going on with P.R. Terrorist and the members, but worth a note that on “The Shootout Pt. 2”...at the end when Islord is shouting out the crew, he mentions everyone in the crew by name, including those not on the track like Killa Sin and Beretta 9...but he doesn’t mention Dom P. Thought that was kind of revealing yo. Combine that with the obvious absence of P.R. from the album, album art, etc...and what do you have? I don’t know, and I don’t want to speculate, but I hope it’s not the case that he’s no longer in the group. I hope everything can get worked out for the best going forward. Would definitely be ill to hear the entire group on the next album “Silent Bombs Quiet Wars.”
    Hey bruv, just saw this poast. Dom. P was actively NOT a part of this album. Can't remember exactly what it was, but it was all public n poasted on this forum.

I think he had a falling out with 9th. It was ugly n it was publicly announced that he would not b a part of this project.