Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Killarmy - Full Metal Jackets .. out now 4-10-2020

Soundz dope

Peace CT

When I saw the track list I figured 9th had to be pulling a P Sunn here. Last Sunz album was basically a P Sunn album with a few Sunz verses and a bunch of guests. This looks to be same although I didn’t check snippets yet. Not mad though, rather have this than nothing. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    When I saw the track list I figured 9th had to be pulling a P Sunn here. Last Sunz album was basically a P Sunn album with a few Sunz verses and a bunch of guests. This looks to be same although I didn’t check snippets yet. Not mad though, rather have this than nothing. Peace
    I thought the same thing... this album looks more like 9TH PRINCE featuring (some of) Killarmy

I'll still check it out, but I'm not expecting much.

Peace!

''When I saw the track list I figured 9th had to be pulling a P Sunn here. Last Sunz album was basically a P Sunn album with a few Sunz verses and a bunch of guests. This looks to be same although I didn’t check snippets yet. Not mad though, rather have this than nothing. Peace''

i feel similar. Listened to the snippets and does'nt feel like a Killarmy lp but i am looking forward to Islord bars and i hope he has the most bars on this release.

''When I saw the track list I figured 9th had to be pulling a P Sunn here. Last Sunz album was basically a P Sunn album with a few Sunz verses and a bunch of guests. This looks to be same although I didn’t check snippets yet. Not mad though, rather have this than nothing. Peace''

i feel similar. Listened to the snippets and does'nt feel like a Killarmy lp but i am looking forward to Islord bars and i hope he has the most bars on this release.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I like the snippets, Wake up Pt. 2 & Musical Terrorist sound wack AF though. I'll buy this though just because.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Wake up Pt. 2 & Musical Terrorist sound wack AF though.

lol

The original was a classic.

Shaolin Master

The original beat for " Mediterranean Flow" was way better. WTF happened. I think the original title was Saturday night heat.

This is out now, or its up on youtube anyway. Anybody listened yet?

This one sounds pretty dope.

I’ve listened twice through so far. Basically a 9th Prince album featuring Killarmy.

How can you even call this a Killarmy album when the two best MC’s in the group aren’t on it?!

Surprisingly, the beats are the best thing about this album. 9th came correct with the beats.

Too many guests though, making up for no Dom P and no Sin. I think Beretta 9 is only on 3 or 4 tracks too from what I remember. Probably more guest verses than Shogun, B9 and Islord verses.

At least this has made me revisit the real Killarmy albums, and a few Dom P and 9th solos.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    How can you even call this a Killarmy album when the two best MC’s in the group aren’t on it?!
    agreed

9th has always had a good ear for beats. (Dom P does too, for that matter.)

Disagree that Killa Sin and P.R. Terrorist are the two best MC’s in the group. Neither one of them are iller than 9th yo. Definitely would have preferred for all the members to be on the album though. From what I’ve heard though, it’s still very much an ill album. Just wish it were longer. Looking forward to copping this officially tomorrow. And William Cooper said on his Facebook page that there will be physicals coming soon as well. I’ll be copping the physical as well. Not sure what’s going on between the members, but hope they can resolve everything at some point in the future, so they can all come back together and create more classic material. In the meantime, much respect to 9th Prince for spearheading and producing this album. Much respect to all the members as well. Hopefully Killa Sin can get out soon yo.

"The Mathematician Who Calculated God From Nigga"

-The Rza

Peace CT

Damn was at least hoping for a Sin verse or two from the stash. Peace

Veteran Member

Cinema Sinister, Rusty Dangs and Just like prison are garbage. 9th can’t produce....
    The rest is boring. Wack release.

Rusty Dangs and Musical Terrorist are the only real wack joints imo. Rusty Dangs sounds like it’s mixed/mastered horribly as well. Should have been left for 9th’s next solo, it only had 9th, Asia and Ras Kass on it.

The beats were much better than I expected for the most part though.

It says something about the lyrics when the god Islord probably had one of the best/most entertaining verses on the whole album!

Peace!